Owning a car is a dream most people have and car owners would never want any damage to occur to their vehicles. Magma HDI General Insurance Company offers attractive motor insurance policy packages to car owners, which provides protection in case there is any loss or damage caused to their cars. The claims process of the company is quick and simple. They have a very good customer care service, which offers maximum help to the policyholders during the entire procedure.
Claim Process of Magma HDI Car Insurance
To make a Magma HDI Motor Insurance claim, you have to follow the steps mentioned below –
- In case of an accident, immediately inform Magma HDI General Insurance Company about the same. You have to provide them certain details such as your policy number, accident location and information about the driver
- You also have to give details of the garage to the company, where you plan to take your car for repair
- If you cannot move the car yourself from the accident spot, then do not leave it unattended
- In case of theft, inform the police immediately about the same
- It is advisable to move your car to a garage that has a tie up with Magma HDI General Insurance Company
- Do not repair your car before it has been surveyed by the insurer’s surveyor and you should be present when the surveyor assesses your car
- The surveyor will provide you with an assessment report after inspection. This report will have all the details related to the loss
- If the surveyor allows you to replace certain parts of the car, only then you should replace it with new ones
After repair process –
- Once your car is repaired, you have to place a request for re- inspection with Magma HDI General Insurance Company
- If your car has been repaired by a partner garage of Magma HDI General Insurance Company, then you have to pay the difference amount as per the policy terms and assessment report of the surveyor
- If your car has been repaired by a non – partner garage, then you have to pay the total bill to the garage and then submit the original copies of the bills to the company
- If you are not satisfied with the repairs or if your car has not been repaired as per the surveyor’s report, then you should inform the company about the same
Submit Documents –
- When you make a claim, Magma HDI General Insurance Company will ask you to submit certain documents. The documents asked by the Company will be dependant on the type of accident. Ensure that you submit all the required documents either to the surveyor or to the nearest office of the company
- Provide original documents along with the photocopies for verification purposes
- In case of an accident, you must not come to any agreement with anyone without the approval of the Insurance Company
- Make sure that all the declarations that you give to the company or their surveyor are correct and true
Claim Settlement –
- Instead of accepting the settlement offered by Magma HDI General Insurance Company, the voucher for claim settlement discharge can be executed
- It will take 7 working days for the Company to settle your claim amount after receiving all the documents and answers to queries
Documents Required for Magma HDI Car Insurance Claim Process
|Documents Required||In case of theft||In case of accidents|
|FIR from the police||Required||Required|
|Fire Brigade Report (If needed)||Not Required||Required|
|Estimate of repairs (including supplementary)||Not Required||Required|
|RC Book (Registration Certificate)||Required||Required|
|Invoice of purchase||Required|
|Original receipts, bills, cash invoice or cash memos (needed only if your non – cashless repairs are below Rs.25000)||Not Required||Required|
|Original towing bill||Not Required||Required|
|RTA Intimation||Required||Not Required|
|NCRB intimation||Required||Not Required|
|Form 28, 29, 30, 35||Required||Not Required|
|Police Final Report (Certified True Copy)||Required||Not Required|
|Subrogation and indemnity||Required||Not Required|
|Car keys||Required||Not Required|
If required, the insurance company can ask for additional documents that the policyholder has to submit to get the claim.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Magma HDI Car Insurance Claim Process
Where can I find the list of Magma HDI General Insurance Company’s partner garages?
You can find the list of Magma HDI General Insurance Company’s partner garages online, on their website. To view the list, you have to open their website and click on ‘Locate Garage’, present on the homepage.
Can I register my car insurance claim with Magma HDI General Insurance Company online?
Yes, you can register your car insurance claim with Magma HDI General Insurance Company online. To register, you have to visit the website and click on ‘Register A Claim’ on the homepage.
Where can I find the claim form for Magma HDI Motor Insurance?
You can download the claim form for Magma HDI Motor Insurance from their website or collect it from any of their branches.
Does Magma HDI General Insurance Company provide cashless facilities to their Motor Insurance policyholders?
Yes, Magma HDI General Insurance Company provides cashless facilities to their Motor Insurance policyholders. To make use of this facility, you have to get your car repaired at a garage that has a tie up with the Company.
Who do I contact if I want more information about Magma HDI General Insurance Company Motor insurance claims process?
To get more information about Magma HDI General Insurance Company Motor insurance claims process, you have to visit their website or contact them on their helpline number. You can also visit their office to get more details.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017