In case you lose your car or if it gets damaged in an accident, you can claim the money for the same from your insurance company. Claims is an important part of any insurance and this one reason why Liberty General Insurance offers the simplest claims process to their Motor Insurance policyholders.
Claim Process of Liberty General Insurance
To make a claim on your car insurance from Liberty General Insurance, you have to follow the steps mentioned below –
- Inform the company and make a claim immediately in case of loss or damage of your car. You can do so by contacting on the toll – free number of the insurer or by visiting their nearest branch or office. You can also make claims via email or by posting a letter to the registered/branch office of Liberty General Insurance
- When you register the claim with the company, their representatives will contact you and guide you through the process
- The insurer will arrange for a survey of the incident within 24 hours, if it occurred within your city limits. If the incident occurred outside your city limits, then the survey will be arranged within 48 hours
- Once your car is transferred to a garage, you will have to submit a list of documents to the insurance company’s surveyor for the purpose of verification
- If you take your car to a garage that is part of the insurer’s network, then your insurer will pay the amount directly to the garage as per the policy. In case there is a difference in the total bill after deducting the amount that has to be paid by the insurer, then you have to pay that amount to the garage
- If you take your car to a garage that is not part of the insurer’s network, then you will have to pay the amount first to the garage and the insurance company will reimburse the amount to you within 7 working days (starting from the date you submitted the documents)
When you make a claim on your car insurance, you have to give the following details to Liberty General Insurance –
- Policy Number of your Motor Insurance
- Name of the insured
- Contact details of the insured
- Car Registration Number
- Loss or damages description
- Estimated loss amount
- Address of the place where the accident or loss occurred
- Address of the place where your car is available for assessment
- Name of the person driving the car when the accident took place
- In case of loss of car, name of the person who last had the car
- In case the person making the claim is not the insured, then their name, contact details and relationship with the insured customer has to be provided
Documents Required to claim Liberty Car Insurance
To process your , you to submit the following documents –
|List of documents required||In case of accident||In case of theft|
|Original RC Book (Registration Certificate) along with a copy (If your car has been stolen, then you have to surrender your RC Book)||Required||Required|
|Original Driving License along with a copy||Required||Required|
|FIR from the police (if needed)||Required||Required|
|Fire Brigade Report (if needed)||Required||Required|
|In case of reimbursement claim, original bills||Required||Required|
|Damaged car photographs||Required||Required|
|Full set of car keys||Not Required||Required|
|In case of loss of your car, then Final Report – No Trace Report for lost vehicle from the police||Not Required||Required|
|In case total loss/theft, Power of Attorney and Subrogation||Required||Required|
|Indemnity Bond||Not Required||Required|
|In case of theft/total loss, then NOC from lender||Not Required||Required|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Libery Car Insurance Claim
My car was involved in an accident with a bike and the biker is hurt. What do I do in this case?
In cases where a third party is involved, you have to immediately register a police complaint first and then contact your insurer and register the claim. Give the detail of the victim and the hospital where he or she has been taken for treatment to the insurance company.
What do I do in case my car gets stolen?
In case your car is stolen, you have to first report about the same to the police and then make a claim by contacting your insurer.
When will the insurance company survey my car after I register the claim?
Once you register the claim with the insurance company, their representative will contact you and fix the survey time.
My car was repaired in a garage that is not part of the insurance company’s network. How will the insurer reimburse the claim money in this case?
In case your car was repaired in a garage that is not part of the insurance company’s network, then the insurer will ask you to submit the original bills. They will then reimburse the claim money directly to your bank account via RTGS or NEFT.
Where can I find the claims form for Liberty Car Insurance?
You can download the claims form for Liberty Car Insurance online from their website. The claims form can also be availed from any branch of the insurance company.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017