Home Loan from India Shelter Finance:
Setup to counter the usual lender policy of targeting high income customer bases, India Shelter was granted its registration certificate on 26th October 1998 when the company was known as Satyaprakash Housing Finance India Limited (SHFIL). In line with its credo, the company targets middle income households that are intent on purchasing a new house or repairing/renovating their existing abode. Prominent investors, Sequoia Capital and Nexus Venture Partners, are party to the India Shelter home loans dream. An example of India Shelter Finance Corporation’s innovative and socially conscious approach is the offer of a maximum of Rs.15 lakhs to low and middle income urban customers, for a relaxed tenure of 15 years. This, is a sure difference maker.
Feature and Benefits of India Shelter Home Loan:
The following list highlights the advantages of subscribing to the India Shelter Finance Home Loan.
- Loan amounts ranging from Rs.1,00,000 to Rs.15,00,000 lakhs.
- Fixed rate of interest that ensures that monthly EMIs are a steady, predictable number.
- Maximum repayment tenure of upto 15 years.
- Loans are also offered to households that cannot produce any income proof.
- Easy documentation, zero red tape and loan approval within 7 days.
- No pre-payment charges if the borrower closes the account from his/her own source of funds.
- Minimal processing fee of 3.0% inclusive of service tax.
- Robust tele customer support, in both Hindi and English.
- Direct-to-Home service is available and administered in the applicant’s local language.
- Home loan can be availed for the following purposes- a) Purchasing property including plots and/or completed houses, b) Construction of house, c) Extension of house including addition of rooms, floors, etc., d) Internal or external repairs to existing house.
Who Can Apply for India Shelter Finance Home Loans?
The prospective borrower must comply with the following requirements to be eligible for home loans from India Shelter Finance Corporation,
- The applicant must not be younger than 21 years or older than 65 years.
- Monthly income (documented or undocumented) of Rs.12,000 and more.
- Individuals can either apply on their own or add family members and co-owners of the property.
- The applicant must have an impeccable credit history with no red flags.
- The applicant must supply the proper documentation concerning the plot/house to be purchased/constructed/renovated. India Shelter does not fund illegal construction.
India Shelter Finance Corporation Home Loan Interest Rates:
India Shelter aims to provide nothing but the best for its housing loan customers and the same applies for the rate of interest offered on the housing loans. The bank offers both fixed and floating rates of interest on its housing loan options. The current rate of interest offered on the housing loan is 11.75% for both men and women customers.
||Rate of Interest.
|Loan Against Property
The applicant must furnish the following documents at the time of loan application,
- Completed application form with proper signatures and photographs.
- Identity Proof- PAN Card, Voter’s ID, DL, Bank Passbook, etc.
- Proof of Age- Any of the documents mentioned above or Birth certificate, 10th or 12th Pass certificate, etc.
- Properly attested property documents.
- Additionally, these documents will help- Salary slips (3 months), IT Returns (2 years), Business Records, LIC Policy, FD/RD and Details about loans that you are currently repaying, other details about savings and/or investment.
How to Apply for India Shelter Home Loan on BankBazaar.com?
As an online aggregator of home loans in India, as offered by almost all of the major/minor lenders in the country, BankBazaar.com is without an equal. Applying for the India Shelter Finance Corporation home loan here is an immensely simple process too, inclusive of the following steps-
- Login to the BankBazaar website.
- Seek out the ‘LOANS’ menu item from the top navigation panel on this page. Next, select the ‘Home Loan’ option from the drop-down menu table.
- Spread before you is the start of a simple multi-step wizard. Complete the same with proper inputs in response to the instructions provided. The wizard will source the best home loan options available to you, in line with the details provided by you earlier.
- Seek out the India Shelter home loan by browsing through this list of compatible home loan products.
- After selecting this option you will be directed to the India Shelter home loan page wherein comprehensive details about this product are furnished. A simple ‘Apply’ button is prominently placed on this page to help you apply for this loan directly. Another wizard will now lead you through the application process.
- In the succeeding step, BankBazaar.com will forward the information sourced from you to the concerned home loan provider, India Shelter Finance Corporation. Representatives from the latter will contact you within 24-48 hours to touch bases and continue the loan application procedure.
- Routine emails and SMS notifications will keep you intimated about the status of your home loan application. For further concern and queries, contact BankBazaar’s expert customer support team.
ISFC Home Loan FAQ
- What are the basic eligibility criteria that India Shelter Finance considers when disbursing home loans?
Aside from the basic qualification and requirements, the following attributes of a potential borrower are carefully scrutinised by India Shelter before qualifying him/her for a home loan-
- Financial history and associated liabilities.
- Confirmation as to the state of steady income.
- Educational and vocational qualifications.
- Accumulated assets and presence of dependents.
- The applicant’s spending as well as saving habits.</li>
- What is the security applicable with the home loan from India Shelter?
As security, title deeds and associated documents will serve as the equitable mortgage of the property.
- What is the applicable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) applicable on home loans offered by India Shelter Finance Corporation?
||Loan Against Property
- What are the applicable pre-payment charges if I decide to close my loan early?
For home loans, no pre-closure charges apply if the borrower clears off the pending loan amount from his/her own source of funds. Otherwise, 4.5% (service tax included) of the outstanding principal amount will be marked as penalty for pre-payment.
- Where can I access the application form to apply for the India Shelter Home Loan?
The application form can be sourced from India Shelter Finance Corporation’s official website. However, a far more quicker and interactive loan application experience can be had on BankBazaar.com. The details for the same are listed in a section above.