Whenever a person buys a new car, he has to also apply for an insurance policy. Buying an insurance is not a one time thing, a person has to keep renewing the insurance policy before it lapses. A lot of car owners consider this renewal system a pain as it needs time and most of them do not trust the online renewal system or find it very complicated. What they do not realise or know is that if they use the online renewal system they may end up saving a good amount of time and money on premium and also get added benefits at the same cost because it is quick and hassle free.
To get benefits from the online renewal system, a person has to be careful while purchasing the insurance. One can take the following tips into consideration to save money while renewing their car insurance online.
Compare Various Online Car Insurance Policies
Thanks to the internet, a person can now check up various car insurance policies provided by different companies, compare them side by side and then choose the best product online. It helps them in getting the maximum benefit from their chosen policy. Most insurance companies have their own websites and their customers get the benefit of using their online insurance policy renewal facility. On the websites, a person can easily calculate their premium by using the insurance premium calculator. A person must always compare the car insurance policy quotes of different companies during renewal.
Enlighten Yourself on Required Documents
One should always read and enlighten themselves with the fine print of the car insurance policy they decide to purchase it. They must understand all the terms and conditions mentioned in this document in detail. It helps one discover the hidden clauses and become familiar with them. This knowledge of the same helps to avoid any problem in future.
Be Familiar With Your Car’s Value
If a car owner knows the value of his car, the knowledge helps him save a lot of money on the premium. The car owner should calculate the present value of his car by comparing it to it’s market value at the time of renewing his insurance policy, this helps him figure out the depreciated value of his car which enables him to negotiate with the insurance company on the premium of his chosen car insurance policy.
Get No Claim Bonus
No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount on premium provided by the insurance company to the car owner if they have not made any claims during their car insurance policy period. If a person is eligible for no claim bonus, then he should claim it during the policy maturation period. This reward can lessen the premium amount considerably through the years.
Ask for High Deductibles
Asking for higher deductibles during renewal can help a person decrease their premium amount. If a person pays a high deductible, while claiming his car insurance policy, then he can save money on premium. Paying high deductibles could be risky for a customer, so he should increase his deductible to an amount which is affordable for him.
These are just a few simple, quick to follow suggestions one can use to save money while renewing their . Car owners love their cars a lot and hate to see any harm come to it. To ensure the car is free from all possible harm, owners should keep their car insured and renew the insurance policy on time.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017