IFFCO Tokio Health Protector is a health insurance policy offered by IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company. The policy offers medical coverage to you and your family caused due to surgery, hospitalization and organ transplantation etc. The policy enables you to include self, spouse, children, brother, sister, sister-in-law and brother-in-law, niece, nephew and any other relatives dependent on you under the same plan.
IFFCO Tokio Health Protector: Key Highlights
- The policy tenure is normally 1 Year. However, you can get it for short term basis as well.
- Sum insured ranges from Rs.1, 50,000 to Rs. 5,00,000.
- Offers 10% discount to customers holding any other insurance policy with IFFCO Tokio and 20% to IFFCO Tokio employees.
- Offers portability by using which you can switch your policy from other insurance providers to IFFCO Tokio.
- Get a free look period of 15 days.
- Renewability is available. There is no limit for renewal of the policy.
- Includes inpatient hospitalization.
- Medical screening is required for individuals belonging to the age group of 45-55 and 55-65. Different medical tests are required for different age groups.
- Minimum entry age for this policy is 18 years and maximum age is 65 years.
- Children can be covered from the day one itself.
Benefits of IFFCO Tokio Health Protector:
- Offers daily allowances of 0.20% during hospitalization.
- Offers ambulance charges of 1% of the total sum insured or Rs.2500, whichever is less.
- Pre-hospitalization is covered for a maximum period of 45 days and post-hospitalization for a period of 60 days.
- Get 5% of the basic sum insured as cumulative bonus at next renewals followed by a claim free year. Cumulative bonus is subject to a maximum of 50% of the basic sum insured. In case of a claim made during the policy tenure, the existing cumulative bonus will be reduced by 5%.
- 121 daycare surgical procedures are covered without 24 hours of hospitalization.
- Hospitalization expenses is covered, even if it is less than 24 hours. But, it should be more than 12 hours.
- Cost of health-checkup is included under the policy.
- The basic sum insured in the policy can be restored or reinstated by paying appropriate premiums to the insurance provider. However, the reinstatement of basic sum insured will not be applicable for cumulative bonus, domiciliary hospitalization, Critical Illness Extension cover, Ayurveda, Homeopathic and certain chronic disease etc.
- The policy covers vaccinations expenses.
- Includes provision for senior citizens.
- The policy also offers Emergency Assistance Services which include a number of value added services at no additional cost. It includes emergency medical assistance and emergency personal services to the insured individual.
- Provides income tax benefits under section 80D of the Indian Tax Act, 1961.
- Enjoy hassle free claims settlement procedure.
- Enjoy cashless claim facility available at over 4000 network hospitals spread across India.
- Covers room rent expenses during hospitalization
- Hospital registration and service charges are included.
- Covers nursing expenses during hospitalization on request from the medical practitioner for specified period
- Surgeon, anesthetist, medical practitioner, consultant and specialist’s fee is covered.
- Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani and Sidha hospitalization expenses are covered up to a specified limit.
- Cost of Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre, Surgical Appliances, Medicines & Drugs, Diagnostic Materials and X-ray, Radiotherapy, Pacemaker, Dialysis, Chemotherapy Artificial Limbs and Organs is covered.
- Domiciliary hospitalization is covered up to a maximum aggregate sub-limit of 20% of the basic sum insured.
Critical Illness Covered:
- First heart attack of specified severity.
- Cancer of certain severity.
- Open chest CABG.
- Open heart replacement/ repairing of heart valves
- Coma of specified severity.
- Renal failure demanding regular dialysis.
- Stroke leading to permanent damage.
- Major organ transplantation.
- Bone marrow transplantation.
- Permanent paralysis of limbs.
- Motor neuron disease with permanent symptoms.
- Multiple sclerosis with permanent symptoms.
Mentioned below are a number of medical conditions not covered by IFFCO Tokio Health Protector Plan:
- Cost incurred in spectacle, contact lens and other hearing aids.
- Neuropathy treatment cost.
- Dental surgery or treatment cost, unless it needs hospitalization.
- Travel and transportation expenses are not covered, except for ambulance service charges.
- Maternity expenses.
Find cashless network hospitals nearby: IFFCO TOKIO Cashless Network Hospitals
Also Read: Best Health Insurance Plans of 2017
Also Read: How to File a Claim with IFFCO Tokio?
Other Health Insurance Plans from IFFCO Tokio
- Swasthya Kavach Family Health Insurance
- Indvidual Medishield Policy
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Family Health Protector
- Health Protector Plus
- Individual Personal Accident Policy
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.