Why do you need Health Insurance in Bangalore?
Health insurance provides you protection against the risk of incurring medical expenses in case of hospitalization for more than 24 hours caused by illness or accident. It is a kind of service you receive from your health insurance providers by paying them a certain amount of money called premiums. Your insurance provider takes the complete responsibility of paying the major part of your medical expenses. Health insurance generally covers nursing care, surgeries, consultation fees, diagnostic tests and hospital accommodation for you and your family. It also pays for your regular medical check-ups.
With an increased number of health problems affecting the city, Bangalore has the highest requirement for medical services as well as medical insurance. The sedentary lifestyle of people with lack of physical exercise, consumption of junk food on a regular basis, long working hours and unhealthy sitting posture, work stress and fluctuating weather are some of the reasons why the residents of Bangalore are easily vulnerable to many chronic disease like diabetes, obesity, arthritis, cancer, asthma, heart disorders and so on. The rise of various health problems compel Bangaloreans to take frequent recourse to medical help. Given the high price spent on health care and hospitalization, there is a huge demand for health insurance companies in Bangalore to compensate one’s medical expenses.
Best Health Insurance Companies in Bangalore:
Bangalore has the following health insurance companies which provide top-rated medical insurance plans.
- Care Health Insurance: Care is a major health insurance provider that has numerous tie-ups with hospitals all over Bangalore. These tie-ups include Chinmaya Mission Hospital, Hamilton Bailey Hospital, M S Ramaiah Memorial Hospital and Manipal Hospital.
- Max Bupa Health Insurance: With tie-ups with 600 hospitals across the country, Max Bupa has a huge network in Bangalore. Its network hospitals/nursing homes include Cloud nine, Columbia Asia, Manipal Hospital, Fortis Hospital, and BGS Global Hospital. Max Bupa has 3 branch offices in Bangalore.
- Star Health Insurance Company: The Company has a tie-up with leading hospitals in Bangalore which include Columbia Asia, BGS Hospital, Apollo Hospital, Fortis Hospital, Hosmat Hospital, Apollo Cradle, and Narayana Hrudayalaya. It has 2 branches in Bangalore.
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance: Apollo Munich Health Insurance has tie up with some of the major hospitals such as Cloud nine, Columbia Asia, Apollo Hospitals. It has 2 branch offices in Bangalore.
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance: ICICI Lombard has a dominating presence in Bangalore with its tie up with hospitals like Cloud nine, Columbia Asia, Manipal Hospital, Sparsh Hospital, Sankara Hospital, Greenview Medical Center. ICICI Lombard has 4 branches in Bangalore.
- HDFC Ergo: It is one of the top ten health insurance providers in Bangalore with its big list of network hospitals including Cloud nine, Columbia Asia, Beams Hospitals, Apollo Hospitals, BGS Hospitals. HDFC Ergo has 2 branches in Bangalore.
- TTK Health Insurance: TTK is another major provider of health insurance in Bangalore. Its network hospitals include Cloud nine, Columbia Asia, Sagar Hospital, Apollo Cradle to name a few. It has 1 office in Bangalore.
- Future Generali India Insurance: It has 3 branch offices in Bangalore. Its network hospitals include Cloud nine, Columbia Asia, Apollo Cradle.
- Bharti AXA Life: The Company provides health insurance to its clients in Bangalore through its large number of network hospitals. Forming part of its network are Sparsh, Asian Specialty hospital, Narayana institute of Neuroscience, Narayana Hrudayalaya, Cloud Nine, among others. It has 4 branches in Bangalore.
- United India Insurance Company: It has about 135 PPP network hospitals in Bangalore. This very fact proves the quality service the company provides with its easy access and claim settlement procedure. It has total 11 branches located in Bangalore and Bangalore South.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance: Bajaj Allianz has 3 branches in Bangalore and its network hospitals include Columbia Asia, Apollo Cradle, Narayana Hrudayalaya, Fortis Hospital, BGS Global Hospital, Vasan Eye Care Hospital.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.