The HDFC Ergo Corona Kavach Policy is a standard health insurance plan that was announced by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) after taking into account the increasing number of coronavirus cases. The purpose of the policy is to provide access to quality healthcare for those in need due to the pandemic.
What is the need for Corona Kavach Policy?
The Corona Kavach policy launched by IRDAI and offered by HDFC Ergo is required because of the following reasons:
- It will enable us in finding the best treatment given that there are more than 10,000 cashless network hospitals.
- It will cover all hospitalization expenses as well as home treatment expenses.
- You will be reimbursed pre- and post-hospitalization expenses.
- AYUSH treatment will be covered under the policy.
HDFC Ergo Corona Kavach Policy Eligibility Criteria
|Minimum age of policyholder||For adults – 18 years For children – 1 day|
|Maximum age of policyholder||For adults – 65 years For dependent children – 25 years|
|Policy tenure||3.5 months, 6.5 months, and 9.5 months|
|Type of coverage||Individual and family floater|
|Premium payment frequency||Single payment|
|Maximum sum insured||Up to Rs.5 lakh|
What is covered under HDFC Ergo Corona Kavach Policy?
Under the HDFC Ergo Corona Kavach policy, the following are covered:
- Road ambulance cover for transfer from home to hospital and vice-versa
- Non-Allopathic AYUSH treatment
- Medical costs incurred up to 14 days for home treatment of coronavirus
- Hospitalization cost incurred for treatment of COVID – 19
- Pre-and Post-hospitalization coverage
What is not covered under HDFC Ergo Corona Kavach Policy?
The Corona Kavach policy offered by HDFC Ergo does not cover the following:
- Corona testing in a diagnostic centre which is not authorised by the government.
- Expenses for preventive treatment and OPD treatments
- Treatment done outside the country
- Hospitalization expenses for diagnosis which is not related to the current treatment
- Cost incurred for rehabilitation and cure
- Expense incurred for medicine not prescribed by the doctor
- Expenses incurred for treatment of COVID-19 which lack significant medical documentation
Why opt for Corona Kavach Policy from HDFC Ergo?
When it comes to choosing to buy the insurance policy from HDFC Ergo, the reasons are:
- It is laced with the facility of cashless hospitalization facility.
- Claims are fulfilled with full commitment.
- It is trusted by customers.
- It makes insurance easier, affordable and dependable.
How to buy the HDFC Ergo Corona Kavach Policy?
To buy HDFC Ergo Corona Kavach Policy, you need to follow the steps listed below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of HDFC Ergo at www.hdfcergo.com
Step 2: Select ‘Corona Kavach Policy, HDFC Ergo’ under ‘Health Insurance’
Step 3: Next, click on ‘Buy Now’
Step 4: Select the number of members to be insured and plan type
Step 5: Click on ‘View Quotes’
Step 6: Next, enter details like name, email and mobile number
Step 7: Accept the terms and conditions and click on ‘View Quote’
Step 8: Choose the sum insured and policy term and click on ‘Proceed’
Step 9: Enter the personal details and click on ‘Done’
Step 10: Review and pay
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I pay the premium of Corona Kavach policy in instalments ?
- What is the process to raise a claim for the policy?
- Can the policy be bought for my spouse?
- What is the waiting period implied for Corona Kavach Policy
- What percent of sum insured can I get under hospital daily cash?
No, the option of paying premium in instalments for the Corona Kavach policy is not available.
You can opt for reimbursement claims or cashless claim. While cashless claim can be done at a network hospital, reimbursement claims can be carried out at non-network hospitals.
Yes, the policy can be bought for your spouse. It can also be bought for anyone in the family i.e., parents, in-laws, and kids.
The waiting period implied for Corona Kavach policy is 15 days
You are offered 0.5 percent of sum insured every day for the treatment of COVID – 19.