New India Assurance Car Insurance offers policies for all types of vehicles. You can avail of two types of cover: Liability only which covers third party damages or injuries, and Package policies which provides additional cover for your own vehicle. Enjoy benefits of no-claim discounts in the range of 20% to 50% when you renew your policy. You can also opt for add covers that extends your insurance to accessories, drivers, employees, and passengers in the vehicle.
How to Make a Car Insurance Claim?
The process for making a claim depends on the type of claim being made. You can make a claim under three categories.
- Accidental damage to the vehicle
- Theft of the vehicle
- Liability claim
Claim in Case of Accidental damage to the vehicle
- Inform the nearest New India Assurance office. You will receive a claim form.
- Fill up the form and submit it.
- You will need to provide the following documents:
- Driving license of the person who was driving the vehicle at the time of the accident.
- Registration Certificate
- Estimate of repairs
- The vehicle will then be surveyed by an authorised surveyor who has been appointed by New India Assurance.
- The surveyor will submit his report to New India Assurance.
- In case the vehicle has been damaged to the point it cannot be moved, a spot survey will be arranged where the surveyor will visit the site of the accident.
- Cash memos and final bills will have to be signed and submitted.
- Any salvaged parts of the vehicle that are damaged might have to be handed over to the insurance company after the claim is approved.
Claim in Case of Theft of the Vehicle
If your vehicle has been stolen, the process for claiming insurance will be different. As there is no vehicle to inspect for damages and recovery, the insurance company will have to investigate the situation and the incident.
- You need to lodge an FIR as soon as possible with the police.
- Inform New India Assurance about the theft.
- You will be required to submit the following documents:
- A copy of the FIR
- Final Police Report as soon as it is issued
- A surveyor will investigate the case.
- After the claim is approved, you will be required to transfer the registration certificate to New India Assurance.
- You will have to hand over the keys to the vehicle.
- Finally, submit a letter of Subrogation and Indemnity on stamp paper duly notarized.
Claim in Case of Liability
In case you are liable to pay a third party in the event of damages or injury caused by your vehicle, you can follow this process.
- Inform New India Assurance immediately of the incident.
- Please note, you should inform the company if any incident occurs wherein a liability claim can be made.
- When you receive a summons from court, you should send the same to the insurance company.
- You will need to submit the following documents:
- Claim Form
- Copies of Registration Certificate
- Driving License
New India Assurance Car Insurance Coverage
Your eligibility to make a claim will depend on the policy you have chosen, liability only or package policy. Before you make a claim for insurance, it is important to know if the damage or theft is covered in your policy. Policyholders can make a claim in the following cases.
Liability Only policies
- Damage to third party property.
- Death or bodily injury to a third party person.
- Damage to third party property
- Death or bodily injury to a third party person
- Earthquake (Fire and Shock) Damage
- Flood, Hurricane, Typhoon, Tempest, Storm, Cyclone, Inundation, and Hailstorm
- Accidental external means
- By landslide/Rockslide
- Fire, self-ignition, explosion, or lightning
- Strike and Riot
- Burglary, housebreaking or theft
- Terrorist Act
- Malicious Act
- Whilst in transit by road, lift, elevator, inland waterway or air
In addition to the above, the policy will also cover towing charges up to Rs. 1,500 for four wheeler vehicles.
Add on coverage
You can also opt for add ons by paying a higher premium.
Add on covers include:
- Personal accident cover under private car policies for:
- Paid driver
- Loss or damage to accessories fitted in the vehicle such as air-conditioners, fans, stereos, etc.
- Legal liability to non-fare paying passengers in commercial vehicles.
- Legal liability to employees.
Exclusions of the New India Assurance Car Insurance Claim Process
You cannot make a claim for insurance in the following cases. In the event that you do file for insurance, the company has the legal right to reject your claim.
- Loss when driving with invalid driving license.
- Loss when driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Wear and tear
- Mechanical and electrical breakdowns
- Consequential loss
- Claims arising out of contractual liability.
- Loss due to war, civil war, etc.
- Use of vehicle not complying with “limitations of use”. For example, using a private passenger car as a taxi.
- Gross negligence on the part of the owner or driver can also be considered in case of theft or damages to the vehicle.