If you own a car insurance policy from L&T Insurance, then you can make a claim on this policy in case any loss or damage is caused to or by your car. The claims process of L&T Insurance is very simple and the customers can contact them at any point of time. The company responds quickly to their policyholders and provides them with all the necessary help and guidance.
Claims Process of L&T Car Insurance
If you are a holder of L&T Private Car Package Policy, you have to follow the steps mentioned below to make a claim –
- In case of an accident, do not leave your vehicle unlocked or unattended. If the accident involves a third party, then take a note of their vehicle’s number. If there are any witnesses of the accident, then take note of their names and contact numbers
- Arrange for a towing vehicle, if your car cannot be moved from the accident spot. You must not attempt to drive the car, if there an oil or coolant leakage. If you drive it in this condition, then the policy will not provide coverage for the damages caused to the vehicle because of driving after the accident
- During an accident, if any damage is caused by your car to a third party that leads to an injury or his/her death, then the same has to be reported to the police first. If the policyholder fails to do so, the insurance company will not process his or her claim. Take the injured person to a hospital nearest to the accident spot
- The policyholder can choose to take his or her car to any garage for reimbursement purposes. If they want to make a cashless claim, then they have to take the vehicle to a garage authorised by the insurer
- Contact the toll – free number of the insurance company within 24 hours and provide your policy number and a verbal report of the entire incident. The insurance company’s representative will then generate a Claim Reference Number and will guide you through the entire claim process. He or she will also give you a list of documents that you have to submit as part of the claims process. Once your request for claim is received by the company, they will send a surveyor to the garage to access the damages
- The policyholder should not initiate any repairs to the car before the insurer’s surveyor assesses the car
- Fill and submit the claims form to the surveyor
- The repairs will be authorized by the surveyor based on the terms of the L&T car insurance policy. The repairs of damages that were not caused by the accident will not be covered by the insurer
- If you have applied for a Cashless claim, then your car will be delivered to you after you pay the depreciation amount, policy excess and the sum for the other expenses that are not covered by the car insurance policy. The insurance company will pay the balance amount to the garage directly in this case
- If you have not applied for a Cashless claim, then you have to pay the garage for the repairs and take the delivery of your car from them. You have to submit the original receipts and bills to L&T Insurance for processing the claim. The company will reimburse the money as per the conditions of the policy
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017