L&T General Insurance Company Limited (L&T Insurance) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Limited. L&T General Insurance offers products like Motor Insurance, Health Insurance, corporate Insurance and Home Insurance.
L & T Car Insurance Policy Highlights Updated on 02 Dec 2021
|Third Party Cover||Upto 7.5 L|
|Cashless Network Garages||1000|
|Incurred Claim Ratio*||75.84|
|Net Earned Premium*||22346|
*For Year 2017-2018
Overview of L&T General Insurance
L&T General Insurance Company Limited is a fully owned subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Limited, a company that is a common household name in India and was selected amongst the world’s Top-50 ‘Most Reputable Companies’ in June 2009 by the Forbes-Reputation Institute. L&T General Insurance is a world class company that utilises the very best technological and human resources to drive real value to it’s customers.
Larsen & Toubro Ltd, a $12.8 billion company ventured into the financial services space after mastering the engineering, technology and construction spheres. The company’s vision is to create an experience for their customers that is unique in terms of character, calibre and capability, driving their vast experience and all-round expertise to emerge as the premier general insurance concern in India.
Private Car Package Policy from L&T General Insurance
Private Motor Insurance from L&T protects you from incurring any financial loss in the event of your vehicle meeting with an unfortunate accident or theft. The process is simple- you pay the regular premiums as per the sum insured, and L&T Car Insurance will cover your losses in a varied range of scenarios including personal accidents, natural and man-made calamities and third-party liabilities. Motor insurance from L&T acts as a ‘property coverage’ in the event of damage or loss of the car, and as ‘liability coverage’ in case of injury or damage of property belonging to a third party.
Key Highlights & Features of L&T Private Car Package
- Policy is issued instantly and with limited expenditure of time, effort and documentation.
- Robust cashless claim settlement at L&T Insurance certified chain of garages across India.
- Claim assistance available all days of the week (between 7am and 11pm) through a professional team of customer support specialists.
- Survey will be conducted within 4 hours from the point of claim initiation, if the vehicle has been towed to a workshop.
- If no claims are initiated through a tenure, then you are eligible for ‘No Claim Bonus’ that will be offered on renewal of your policy.
- Free and timely renewal reminders.
Sum Insured per the L&T Private Car Package
The amount that is subject to coverage depends on the IDV (Insured Declared Value) of your car and the overall coverage that is opted for by you. In addition to this, the policy protects you from legal liability claims raised by a third party who has been injured, or whose personal property has been damaged in an accident that was caused by or involved your vehicle. An amount to the tune of Rs.750,000 will be allocated to cover for the aforementioned property damage, while the coverage amount for any personal injury caused is an unlimited sum of money.
Scenarios Covered as per the L&T Private Car Package
|Natural Mishaps||Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide, rockslide.|
|Man-made||Burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accident by external means, any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air, etc.|
|Third Party Legal Liability||The policy also provides for scenarios wherein your vehicle might have been the cause of/ been part of an accident that resulted in the injury, disability or death of an individual (not directly related to you) or caused damages to a third party property.|
|Personal Accident Cover for the Owner||This covers accidental death or permanent total disability as endured by the owner when he/she is driving. This personal accident cover can also be extended to unnamed passengers who might have been part of the accident.|
Herein, additional protection can be purchased to account for the following scenarios-
Exclusions- Incidents that aren’t covered by the Policy
- General and natural ageing that results in wear and tear.
- Damage caused to vehicle when the driver wasn’t carrying a driver’s license, and/or driving under the influence of alcohol or other mood/mind stimulating substances.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- Loss sustained financially as a consequence of the accident.
- If the vehicle was operated outside India at the time of the accident (this doesn’t apply if additional coverage in this regard is purchased).
- If the vehicle is utilised under an agreement that hasn’t been intimated to L&T Insurance.
In Summation, L&T Private Car Package is just what the doctor ordered if you are looking for a simple, scalable, robust and highly responsive private motor insurance to protect your cherished set of wheels. The company’s rich history and adherence to quality and performance has certainly brushed off to it’s Insurance wing, as can be gauged from the phenomenal response it’s been receiving in India. Look no further, enrol TODAY!
FAQ- L&T Car Insurance
What is the range of coverage applicable to me?
As per the L&T Private Car Insurance Package Policy, property damage upto Rs 750,000 is covered. However, in case of personal injury to a third party, the coverage amount is unlimited.
What conditions or threats to my car are taken care of with L&T Car Insurance Policy?
No Claim bonus of 20% to 50 % depending on the number of claim free years.
For the truly confident drivers, option to enrol for higher voluntary excess. Herein, you agree to pay part of the claim yourself, thereby qualifying for a discount of upto Rs 2500/renewal.
- A discount of upto Rs. 500 on your policy for installing an anti-theft device.
- Membership of any automobile association in India entitles you for a discount.
- Accidents caused by external factors.
- Burglary, fire, explosion, lightning, earthquakes, flood, storms, landslides or other freak natural occurrences.
- Man-made situations including terrorist attacks, riots, strikes or other such malicious acts.
Damage incurred while the vehicle is being transported by road, rail, air, inland water ways or lift.
Is it compulsory to have a car insurance policy?
Yes, as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, car insurance is a must in India .
What additional covers can I avail with my L&T Private Car Package Policy?
Additional covers from L&T Car Insurance provides for the following contingencies-
- Damage to non-electrical accessories like alloy wheels, seat covers etc.
- Option to purchase additional personal accident cover for yourself and other passengers (amounting to Rs.2,00,000 per head).
- Coverage for car accessories, included or fitted in the vehicle.
- Additional coverage for your driver, to pay for any injuries or damages incurred by him/her while driving your vehicle.
Can I cancel my L&T Private Car Package Policy?
Yes, you can cancel the policy as per your wish at any time before the natural expiry of the policy. You will however have to submit the proof of insurance to cancel the same.
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017
Larsen & Toubro Limited has divested its complete stake in L&T General Insurance Company Limited. HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited has bought stakes in L&T on June 3, 2016 through a share Purchase Agreement.