Individual health insurance policy from Universal Sompo is offered to individuals and/or their families. This health insurance policy aims to cover domiciliary hospitalization benefits as well as hospitalization expenses in case of accidental injury or illness during the policy tenure.
The plan covers treatments in nursing homes or hospitals based in India only. Domiciliary expenses here are defined as medical treatment for an illness that exceeds 3 days and where treatment is not possible in a hospital due to the following reasons:
- Patient isn’t in a condition to get admitted in a hospital
- Patient cannot be admitted in a hospital due to lack of accommodation
Features of Universal Sompo Individual Health Insurance Policy:
The features of this plan are listed below:
|Eligibility age||Up to 55 years|
|Sum assured||Maximum of Rs.5 lakhs|
|Renewability||There is a lifetime indemnity limit if the policy is renewed continuously|
Coverage here includes the following:
|Discount||2.5% lifestyle discount if falling in low risk zones, having a healthy lifestyle and who are covered under employer’s group health policy|
The following are excluded from the overall health cover:
*The information listed here is as per the latest data. You should read the policy documents carefully before making a decision on buying a health insurance policy.
Find cashless network hospitals nearby: Universal Sompo Cashless Network Hospitals
Also Read: Best Health Insurance Plans of 2017
Also Read: How to File a Claim with Universal Sompo?
Other Health Insurance Plans from Universal Sompo:
- Universal Sompo Individual Health Insurance Policy
- Universal Sompo Aapat Suraksha Bima Insurance Policy
- Universal Sompo Hospital Cash Insurance
- Universal Sompo Saral Suraksha Bima Insurance Plan
- Universal Sompo Complete Health Care Insurance
- Universal Sompo Senior Citizen Health Care Insurance
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.