Among the many insurance policies that the United India Insurance Company Limited offers to its customers is the Platinum policy that provides cover for hospitalisation expenses that are incurred necessarily and reasonably within the country for the treatment of injuries / illnesses contracted or sustained during the tenure of the policy. The policyholder can enjoy a host of benefits including complimentary health check-up, family discount and many other benefits. The policy provides cover for a few day care procedures as well.
Platinum Policy Eligibility Criteria:
Customers who wish to avail the Platinum policy must be at least 18 years of age and not older than 35 years of age. Policies for children can be taken out when they are between three months and 18 years of age subject to either or both parents being covered concurrently. Customers can insure themselves for a minimum of Rs.1 lac and a maximum of Rs.10 lacs but in multiples of Rs.50,000.
Coverage Details of Platinum Plan:
The Platinum policy from the United India Insurance Company provides cover for the following:
- Hospitalisation expenses including nursing, boarding and room expenses subject to a maximum of 1% of the sum assured or actual, whichever is lower. ICU expenses are covered to an extent of 2% of the sum assured or actual, whichever is lower.
- Expenses related to surgeon, medical practitioner, specialist, anaesthetist, consultants fees.
- Expenses related to blood, operation theatre charges, anaesthetic, oxygen, drugs and medicines, surgical appliances, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, cost of prosthetic devices used for surgical procedures, such as pacemaker, infra cardiac valve replacements, relevant diagnostic / laboratory tests, orthopaedic implants, cost of artificial limbs, x-ray, etc.
- In case the assured individual chooses a room with higher rent than the authorised category, the amount of cover provided by the company will be restricted to the fees applicable to the authorised category only.
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses up to 30 days before the date on which the patient was admitted.
- Post-hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days from the date on which the patient was discharged.
- Expenses related to day care treatment (for procedures that require the patient to be hospitalised for less than 24 hours.
- Expenses related to treatment received from any hospital recognised by the government and / or recognised by the National Accreditation Board on Health / Quality Council of India.
- Expenses incurred at any cashless facility across Pan India.
- 5% family discount on overall premium in case the policy is taken for the customer and one or more family members like dependent children or spouse.
- A 15-day free look period is granted when the tenure of the policy commences.
- Complimentary medical check-up one time at the end of every three underwriting years subject to the provision of zero claims during the block. Another condition for the complementary medical check-up is that the policy must be renewed without any break.
- Premium paid for dependent parents, dependent children, spouse or self are subject to income tax benefits under Section 80-D of the Income Tax Act.
- External and internal congenital disease
- Inoculation and vaccination of any sort unless it includes treatment of post-animal bite
- Run down and general debility conditions
- Plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, circumcision
- Psychosomatic and psychiatric disorders
- Injuries incurred due to alcohol / drug abuse
- Pregnancy and related ailments
- Child birth
- Act of ionizing radiation, foreign enemy, nuclear weapon and war
- Unproven or experimental treatment
- Dental treatments
- All external equipment
***Please read the policy document for more details. The aforesaid information is indicative only.