The Individual Mediclaim policy offered by the United India Insurance Company Limited provides coverage in case the policyholder has to deal with any kind of medical emergencies. Protection under this policy is provided for hospitalisation expenses as well, including boarding / room expenses, nursing expenses, fees paid towards specialists, anaesthetists, surgeons and medical practitioners. Cover is also offered for anaesthesia, oxygen, surgical appliances, blood, operation theatre fees, diagnostic materials, medicines and x-ray. Procedures such as radiotherapy, chemotherapy and dialysis are also covered under this policy.
Individual Mediclaim Policy Coverage Details:
- Coverage is offered to the assured individual in case he/she contracts a disease/illness or sustains bodily injuries
- Hospitalisation expenses are covered for surgical / medical treatment at any hospital / nursing home in India
- Hospitalisation expenses that are covered include boarding or room expenses, nursing expenses, anaesthetist, consultants, medical practitioners, specialists and surgeon’s fees
- Cover for surgical appliances, oxygen, anaesthesia, operation theatre charges, blood, x-ray, diagnostic materials, medicines and drugs
- Cost of pacemaker, cost of organs, chemotherapy, artificial limbs, radiotherapy, dialysis and similar expenses
Hospitalisation expenses are covered if the patient is under care for a minimum of 24 hours. The conditions / procedures that are exception to this are adenoidectomy, appendectomy, pleural / ascetic tapping, auroplasty, coronary angiograph, coronary angioplasty, radiotherapy, lithotripsy, varicocelectomy, incision and drainage of abcess, wound suturing, FESS, ventral / inguinal / femoral / umbilical hernia, polypectomy, parenteral chemotherapy, septoplasty, piles / fistula, sinusitis, prostate, dental surgery, haemo dialysis, D&C, fissurectomy / fistulectomy, tonsillectomy, mastoidectomy, endoscopies, eye surgery, hydrocele, liver aspiration, varicose vein ligation, excision of lump / granuloma / cyst, sclerotherapy, hysterectomy, and dislocation / fracture excluding hairline fracture.
- Procedures / surgeries as agreed by the company / TPA which need hospitalisation for less than 24 hours and which require prior approval from company / TPA
- In case the treatment needs hospitalisation of the patient and the procedure includes specialised infrastructural facilities that can be found in hospitals
- If technological advances result in hospitalisation for under 24 hours
- If the procedures are carried out in day care centres that are part of the TPA network
- In case procedures are conducted in fully-equipped operation theatres
- In case the patient is taken care of by fully qualified day care staff
- In case the procedure is carried out by fully qualified postoperative attending doctors / surgeons
***The above mentioned document is indicative only. Please read the policy document before purchasing the policy.
Other Health Insurance Plans from United India:
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.