Star Family Delite is designed to cover hospitalisation expenses of a family on a floater cover basis. Policyholders can use the sum insured until it is depleted. The policy covers inpatient hospitalisation expenses and pre and post hospitalisation expenses up to the certain limits. Also, cover for room rent, boarding and ICU are capped to a certain percentage of the sum insured.
Features & Benefits of Star Family Delite
|Entry Age ||
- 5 months and 65 years
- Company accepts only renewals beyond 65 years
|Coverage Type ||Floater (self,spouse and dependent children)
|Medical Screening ||Persons above 50 years will have to undergo pre-acceptance medical screening at company designated centers. Cost of screening is borne by the company
|Sum Insured ||Rs. 2 lakh to 3 lakh
- Room, boarding and nursing expenses at 1% of the Sum Insured.
- Intensive Care Unit expenses are provided up to 1.5% of the Sum Insured.
- Insurance covers surgeon's fees, consultant fees, anaesthetist's and specialist's fees, blood, oxygen, operation theater charges and cost of pacemaker among others
- Drug costs
- Emergency ambulance charges up to a sum of Rs.750 per hospitalization (overall limit of Rs.1500 per policy period)
- Pre-hospitalization medical expenses up to 30 days prior to the admission in the hospital.
- Covers post-hospitalization charges (lump sum calculated at 7% of the hospitalization expenses subject to a maximum of Rs.5,000)
- Covers specified day care procedures
- Covers specified diseases up to certain limits
- Room rent and ICU charges are capped
- Policy cannot be bought online
- Pre-existing diseases have a waiting period of 48 months
- Non-allopathic treatments are not covered
- Excludes Enhanced External Counter Pulsation therapy and Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance Therapy
|Tax Benefits ||Policyholders can claim tax relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
|Termination ||The insurance company or policyholder can terminate the policy by serving a 30 day notice period
Other Health Insurance Plans from Star Health Insurance