Reliance General Insurance is a leading insurance provider in India with a vast customer base including individuals, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), and corporates. The company provides a bouquet of insurance solutions for its extensive customer base. The insurance provider offers products in the domains of motor, health, travel, home, and marine insurance. The insurer has laid a lot of focus on customer centricity when configuring its products. This has resulted in innovative insurance distribution methods such as Over-the-Counter health and home insurance sales.
Why Should You Buy Motor Insurance From Reliance General?
The key features and benefits of Reliance General motor insurance plans are as described below:
- The insurer offers free Roadside Assistance cover worth Rs.500 with the comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Reliance General offers you the facility of renewing your expired policy online without having to produce extensive paperwork.
- Cashless garage facility can be availed across 3,800 garages in the network of the insurer.
- The insurance company settles all claims within the shortest turnaround time. All queries and issues are also addressed by the customer service team of the insurer in a timely manner.
- The insurance company offers a wide range of add-on covers that can enhance the protection offered by the two-wheeler insurance policy. The policyholder can purchase these riders as required and customise the coverage under his/her two-wheeler insurance policy.
- The claim settlement process for two-wheeler claims is quick and easy.
- Comprehensive insurance policy is offered for all major brands of two-wheelers.
- It is possible to buy an online two-wheeler insurance plan from the website of the insurance company. There is limited paperwork involved in the process and the policy is issued instantly.
- The insurer allows you to renew your expired insurance policy without any paperwork or inspection.
- You can avail the facility of cashless claim settlement at around 430 network garages affiliated to the insurer.
- The insurance company offers very low premiums for the basic two-wheeler insurance policy. You can actually get your bike insured for a minimum amount of Rs.3 per day.
- The website of the insurance company has a two-wheeler insurance premium calculator tool that enables you to get an instant quote for insuring your scooter or motorcycle.
Types Of Motor Insurance From Reliance General
Reliance General offers car (including private and commercial vehicles) and two-wheeler insurance policies to customers. The insurance plans offered by the company can be classified into two types based on the extent of coverage:
- Third-party liability plan - This insurance plan offers the most basic level of protection for your motor vehicle. This is the minimum insurance cover mandated by the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. This is also the cheapest form of motor insurance you can buy. It does not protect the insured car from eventualities. However, protection is offered to a third party for injuries, death, or property damage following an accident.
- Comprehensive motor insurance plan - This insurance scheme offers more elaborate coverage when compared to the third-party liability plan. It offers own-damage cover for the insured vehicle, apart from third-party liability insurance. The owner-driver of the vehicle also receives personal accident cover under this scheme.
Reliance General Third-Party Liability Insurance - Inclusions
The coverage under the third-party liability insurance plan from Reliance General is as follows:
- Protection is offered for legal liability to a third party for accidental injuries, death, or property damage.
- The insured vehicle is not offered insurance coverage under the plan.
- The owner-driver of the insured vehicle is offered protection under this plan for permanent total disability or death in an accident.
Reliance General Comprehensive Motor Insurance - Inclusions
The coverage offered by a comprehensive motor insurance plan from Reliance General includes the following:
- Coverage for accidental damages to the insured vehicle
- Personal accident cover for the owner-driver
- Protection from total-loss incidents such as theft
- Protection from natural calamities such as landslides, hurricanes, lightning, floods, etc.
- Coverage for man-made disasters such as strikes, malicious activity, riots, terrorist activities, etc.
- Coverage for damages to the insured vehicle while in transit through railways, road, air, or lift.
- Third-party liability insurance cover that protects the policyholder from legal liabilities arising out of accidental injuries, death, or property damage suffered by a third party.
- Roadside Assistance facility that is an inherent part of the comprehensive motor insurance cover offers towing assistance, minor repairs, battery jump start, emergency fuel, etc. on a 24/7 basis.
- The coverage of a comprehensive motor insurance policy can be enhanced through riders/add-on covers that you can purchase from the insurer separately. The add-on covers offered by Reliance General are:
- Coverage for non-electrical accessories
- Coverage for electrical and electronic accessories
- Protection for bi-fuel kits that consist of CNG/LPG systems
- Coverage for liability to the employee, cleaner, paid driver, etc. for commercial vehicles
- Coverage for speed tests and racing
- Hill climb extensions and dexterity trials
Reliance General Motor Insurance - Exclusions
The exclusions under the motor insurance policy from Reliance General are as follows:
- Wear and tear of the vehicle with age
- Electrical and mechanical breakdown
- The vehicle being used beyond the limits specified by the manufacturer
- Driving the insured vehicle without a valid license
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Depreciation in the car’s value
- Damages due to nuclear disasters or war
- Consequential losses
- Compulsory deductibles
Reliance Motor Insurance FAQs
- What is the benefit of buying my motor insurance policy online?
The advantages of buying insurance online are many:
- Ease of purchase - The process of online purchase is easy and convenient. You can also compare policies between insurers at neutral financial websites. This simplifies your purchase decision to a great extent.
- Discounts - Most insurance companies offer attractive discounts on online policies.
- Motor insurance premium calculator - It is possible to get an estimate of your premium by using the online motor insurance premium calculator facility.
- Easy payments - When purchasing insurance online, you make make secure payments through various modes such as credit cards, debit cards, net banking, Paytm, UPI, etc.
Yes, this is possible. You can login to the website of the insurance company and select the relevant menu option for the same. Your policy will be renewed in a matter of minutes. In case your policy is already in expired status, an inspection is needed before the new policy is issued. If you are getting insurance for your car, you can do the inspection yourself and upload the photos to proceed with policy renewal.
Yes, you can transfer your accrued NCB at the time of policy renewal. However, you should ensure that the transfer is done within 90 days of the renewal date. In case you plan to change insurance companies at this time, you can do so as well.
The policy will not be affected much. However, you will have to update your new contact details in the policy by logging in to the insurer’s website or visiting the nearest branch office.
Total Cover is an add-on insurance cover that will be useful if your two-wheeler is completely damaged beyond repair in an accident. This is also relevant for cases of two-wheeler theft. The add-on cover reimburses the sum of the vehicle’s registration charges, the cost of motor insurance, and road tax.
- Bajaj Allianz Motor Insurance
- Bharti Axa Motor Insurance
- Chola MS Motor Insurance
- Future Generali Motor Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Motor Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Motor Insurance
- Liberty Videocon Motor Insurance
- Magma HDI Motor Insurance
- National Motor Insurance
- New India Motor Insurance
- Oriental Motor Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Motor Insurance
- SBI Motor Insurance
- Shriram Motor Insurance
- Tata Aig Motor Insurance
- United India Motor Insurance
- Universal Sompo Motor Insurance