The outbreak of Covid-19 has affected millions of people all around the world including the people of India. As the number of cases continue to rise, the pandemic has also brought several financial implications with itself. The cost of treatment is very high if you are diagnosed with Covid-19 and hence it is important to have a health insurance policy which would cover the expenses in case you or any your family member is hospitalised.
Reliance General Insurance is offering the Corona Kavach Policy which will provide coverage to you if you are diagnosed with Covid-19. The insurance policy will also provide coverage to your family members too.
Features and benefits of Reliance General Insurance Corona Kavach Policy
- Covers all the hospitalisation expenses in case you or any member of your family is admitted on being diagnosed with Covid-19.
- Home care treatment expenses are also covered under the policy.
- If you are receiving AYUSH treatment i.e., medical treatment received under Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy systems on being diagnosed with Covid-19, the cost incurred will be covered by the insurance company as per the insurance policy.
- Sum insured of up to Rs.5 lakh offered under this health insurance policy.
What is covered under Reliance General Insurance Corona Kavach Policy
- Boarding, room, and nursing expenses are covered under the policy.
- The doctor fees including the fees of surgeon, anesthetist, medical practitioner, and consultants are also covered.
- Cost of PPE kits, gloves, mask, blood, oxygen, medicines and drugs will be covered by the insurance company.
- ICU expenses is covered under the policy.
- If you avail the service of an ambulance to get hospitalised, the expenses incurred up to Rs.2,000 for each hospitalisation will be covered.
- The cost of home care treatment for up to 14 days will be covered by the insured.
- Medical treatment received under Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy systems on being diagnosed with Covid-19, the expenses incurred will be covered by the insurance company.
- Pre-hospitalisation cover for up to 15 days prior to the date of you being admitted to the hospital.
- Post-hospitalisation cover for up to 30 days after being discharged from the hospital.
- For every one day of hospitalisation for up to a period of 15 days, you will receive a daily cash payout by the insurer.
What will not be covered under Reliance General Insurance Corona Kavach Policy
- If you get yourself treated for any other pre-existing health condition or disease.
- If you get yourself diagnosed at any unauthorised testing center or hospital.
- If you travel to a country put under the travel restriction by the Indian Government.
- If you get treated outside India.
- The claim won’t be paid if you get yourself diagnosed before the policy commencement date.
- Cost related to OPD and Day Care treatment.
- If you purchase any dietary substance or supplements without any prescription.
- Cost incurred for receiving medical treatment through practices which lacks proper medical documentations.
How to buy Reliance General Insurance Corona Kavach Policy
- Click on the link https://www.reliancegeneral.co.in/Insurance/Health-Insurance/Corona-Kavach-Insurance.aspx.
- On the left-hand side of the page under ‘Please share your Details’, enter your name, city, mobile number, and email ID.
- Tick the box where you agree to all the terms and conditions and click on ‘Submit’.
- A representative from the insurance company will get in touch with you.
You can also visit the nearest Reliance General Insurance branch along with all the necessary documents to apply for this insurance policy. A representative on behalf of the insurer will help you with the application process.
Procedure for claims
You will have to get yourself treated at one of the insurer’s network providers or any centers approved by the insurance company. Fill the cashless form and send it to the insurer who will evaluate it. If all the details provided are correct, then a pre-authorisation letter will be sent to the hospital. At the time of discharge sign all the relevant documents including the medical bills. These documents will then be sent to the insurer who will then cover the cost of treatment incurred.
In case you have paid the billing amount out of your pocket, keep all the bills with you and send it to the insurance company along with other relevant documents. The insurer will verify the bills and documents, and if all the details are correct, the amount will be reimbursed to you.
- What is the waiting period?
- What is the policy tenure?
- What are the eligibility criteria?
- What is the sum insured option available?
- How can I get in touch with a representative from Reliance General Insurance via phone call?
There is a waiting period of 15 days.
Policy tenures offered are three and half months, six and half months, and nine and half months.
Children aged between 1 day and 25 years, and adults aged between 18 years and 65 years can avail coverage under this policy.
The minimum sum insured is Rs.50,000 and maximum sum insured under this policy is Rs.5 lakh.
Call the paid number +91 22 48903009 where a representative from the insurance company will get in touch with you and will assist you with your query.