This is a family floater plan wherein the insured and his/her immediate family members are covered under a single policy. The plans are available in two varieties – Gold and Silver. The policy offers flexibility in terms of sum insured and add-on to help you get the most out of it. Family is defined as self, spouse, children, and parents and parents-in-law.
Key features and benefits:
- Single sum insured that floats over all family members covered under the policy.
- Cover for room, nursing and boarding expenses up to 1% of sum insured per day.
- Cover for ICU expenses up to 2% of sum insured per day.
- Surgeon, practitioner, specialist etc. fees are covered, along with ambulance services.
- No pre-policy medical check-ups for applicants up to 60 years old.
- Coverage of pre-existing diseases after 4th consecutive policy renewal.
- Silver plan offers sum insured between Rs.1 lac and Rs.5 lacs, subject to 10% co-pay.
- Gold plan offers sum insured between Rs.6 lacs and Rs.10 lacs.
- Daily cash allowance and attendant allowance available for Gold plans, subject to maximum amounts.
- Hospitalization expenses covered for specific duration.
- Cashless hospitalization in network hospitals.
- Option to add Personal Accident cover with both Gold and Silver plan, while Life Hardship Survival benefit can be added only on Gold plans.
- Option to choose between TPA (Third-party administrator) and non TPA services. Discount of 5% on premium is applicable if TPA services are not chosen.
Customers can claim tax deductions on the premium payments made in a year. The deductions are available under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Individuals can claim a maximum deduction of Rs.25,000 in a year on health insurance premiums, while senior citizens can claim deductions up to Rs.30,000 in a fiscal year.
- Applicants should be an Indian resident citizens over 18 years and less than 60 years of age.
- Family members include policyholder, his/her spouse, children and parents and parents in law.
- Pre-existing diseases covered from 4th year of policy renewal onwards.
- Life hardship benefit applicable for 180 or 270 days of survival after discharge.
- Ailments such as AIDS and mental illnesses.
- Policy renewal option is applicable for all customers, subject to approval from the insurer.
- Renewal can be done online or through any of the registered offices of the Oriental Insurance Company Ltd.
Also Read: How to File a Claim with Oriental Health?
Other Plans from Oriental Health Insurance
- Individual Mediclaim
- Oriental Bank Mediclaim Policy
- PNB Oriental Royal Mediclaim Policy
- Jan Arogya Bima
- Nagarik Suraksha Policy
- Janata Personal Accident Policy
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.