National Varistha Mediclaim for Senior citizens is specifically designed to meet the needs of senior citizens. The policy covers certain critical illness, injury and accidental injury.
Features & Benefits of Varistha Mediclaim Policy for Senior Citizens:
||60 years – 80 years
||Policy can be renewed till the insured is 90 years of age.
||Covers only the individual.
||Rs.1,00,000 for hospitalisation and Rs.2,00,000 for Critical illness cover.
- Cumulative Bonus and cost of health Check-up is available on claim-free years.
- 1% of the sum insured is paid as hospitalisation expenses.
- Fees of surgeon, anaesthetist, medical practioner, consultants, specialists etc. is covered till 25% of the sum insured.
- 50% of the sum insured covers:
- Cost of medicine
- Diagnostic charges, etc.
- Emergency ambulance charges up to Rs.1,000 is covered per policy year.
- Till a certain limit as specified, the treatment of cataract, benign prostatic hyperplasia and organ transplant are covered.
- Critical Illness like cancer, stroke, multiple sclerosis etc. are paid for even without being hospitalised.
- Pre hospitalisation expenses incurred 30 days before being hospitalised, are covered.
- Post hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days are covered.
- Conditions like diabetes and hypertension that were existing while taking the policy will be covered from the inception on paying an additional premium.
||The premiums paid up to Rs.15,000 on the policy is allowed as deductions every year under the Section 80D of the Income Tax Act. The exemption for senior citizen is Rs.20,000.
- Treatment incurred in the first 30 days of the policy commencement is not covered.
- First year exclusions are:
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Congenital internal disease
- Pilonidal sinus
- Stone disease
- Benign lumps or growth in any part of the body
- Surgical treatment of tonsils
- Adenoids and deviated nasal septums.
- Vaccinations of any kind.
- Cost of dental treatment and surgery and spectacles are not covered.
- Purely diagnostic diseases are not covered.
- Conditions caused by war or nuclear weapons are excluded.
- Expenses arising from intentional self-injury, drug and alcohol abuse are not covered.
- Cosmetic treatment are excluded.
- Medical expenses arising from HIV, AIDS and related diseases are not covered.
- Unless prescribed by the doctor, vitamin and tonic intake are excluded.
- Naturopathy treatment costs are excluded.
- Pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion or other child-birth related conditions are not covered.
- If the insured is a smoker smoking more than 40 cigarettes in a day, no claim will be paid out.
- Other exclusions are:
- Rest cure
- General debility
- Congenital external diseases or defects or anomalies
- Venereal diseases.
Certain critical illnesses are covered under this health insurance policy. The claims are paid even if the insured wasn’t hospitalised. The insured can also avail cumulative bonus on the claim free years. The policy can be renewed till the insured is 90 years of age which helps the senior citizens to have a security for their health.
Disclaimer: Please read and check the details of the policy to see if it meets all your requirements.
Other Health Insurance Plans from National Insurance:
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.