Monsoon is one of the most awaited seasons of the year. People yearn for the rain gods to shower their blessings and provide them with some relief from the scorching heat of summer. In India, people of all ages love to go on drives in the monsoon, away from the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy the beauty of nature that is reborn with the first droplets of rain. However, monsoon also brings with it a lot of problems for the people. Roads in major cities across the country are clogged with water and people often find it difficult to walk on the road after the monsoon showers, let alone drive.
When you drive on water-logged roads, you risk damaging your car and the worst part is that your car insurance may not provide sufficient protection against such damages. Hence, you need to opt for certain add-on covers available with most insurance policies that can enhance the overall protection provided to your vehicle. Such add-on covers can make sure that your car is saved from the risks involved with driving on water-logged roads during the monsoon. In fact, most insurance companies offer such add-ons with their car insurance policies. However, you will need to pay an additional amount of premium to avail such add-on covers with your policy.
Here are a few add-on covers that you can opt for to save your car in the monsoon:
- Engine Protector Cover – It is a fact that driving on roads filled with rainwater can damage the engine of your vehicle. An Engine Protector Cover that provide you with the required protection against any damages done to your car engine. It can reimburse you the cost of repairing the engine. Such an add-on can also cover the damages caused to the undercarriage of the engine of your car.
- Roadside Assistance – What will you do if your car breaks down on the road during monsoon? You can take help of the Roadside Assistance Cover available with leading car insurance agencies. You can get your car towed to the nearest workshop or get it repaired on the spot (in case of minor repairs) with the help of such a car insurance add-on, which can be useful in all seasons.
- Zero Depreciation cover – Even if your car does not get damaged due to driving on water-logged roads, there is a huge possibility that it’s value will depreciate due to the fact that the engine and other parts of the vehicle will be damaged a little, every time they are exposed to water. Thus, the overall value of your vehicle will decrease in the process. A Zero Depreciation Cover can ensure that when you meet with an accident, you can get paid the full claim amount without deducing a significant amount as the cost of depreciation of the different body parts of the vehicle.
These add-on covers will not only help you to cope with the cost of repairing your vehicle, but they can also help you to avoid making insurance claims in a policy period. As a result, you will be entitled for the No Claim Bonus offered with your policy.
- Best Tips to Save Money on Car Insurance Renewal
- Smart Steps For Switching Car Insurance
- Best Reasons To Buy Car Insurance Online
- Car Insurance Tips - When Not to Claim Your Insurance Policy
- Top Reasons Why Car Insurance Claims Are Denied
- Simple Ways To Help You Save On Motor Insurance Premium
- Must Have Car Insurance Add-On Covers for Luxury Cars
- Best Kept Secrets of Car Insurance
- Insurance for Car Damaged Due to Natural Disaster
- Insurance for SUV Cars
- Factors Affecting Car Insurance Premium in India
- How to Keep Your Car Protected During Winters
- Car Stolen? You Deserve Insurance As Much As Anyone
- Top Seven Car Checklist before Long Drive
- How to Claim for Accidents Occurred in the Middle of Vehicle Ownership Change
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017