Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Ltd. (Max Bupa) is a standalone health insurance company. A joint venture between Max India Limited and the UK based Bupa Financial PLC. Bupa has six decades of experience in the healthcare industry and a 11.3 million customer-base in over 190 countries. Max Bupa Health Insurance offers individual, couple, Nuclear family and Extended family health insurance plans.
Max Bupa Health Insurance Highlights Updated on 16 Sep 2019
|Waiting Period for Pre-existing Disease||4 years|
|Incurred Claims Ratio||50.19|
|Number of Policies Issued||309909|
*For Year 2017-2018
Overview of Max Bupa Health Insurance:
Company Ltd. (Max Bupa) is a collaboration between Max India Limited and Bupa- the UK based healthcare services pioneer. Bupa boasts of an experience of over 6 decades in this competitive industry and has over 11.3 million customers from 190 countries to show for it. Meanwhile, Max India Group is considered a leader in the Indian health and insurance segment that includes hospitals, life insurance and health related clinical research. At Max Bupa, the vision to be India's most preferred health insurance company is the principal driving force, backed by the commitment to form lasting relationships with their cherished customers.
Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Ltd was the only health insurance company to be listed as a Superbrand in the health insurance market in 2015. This standalone health insurance company has 6 decades of experience and expertise in the healthcare industry. Max Bupa Health caters to 29 million customers in 190 countries.
In addition to providing excellent service in healthcare, the company is focused on building a long-term relationship with its customers. The insurance company offers a wide range of health insurance products to suit the varying needs of individuals, couples, nuclear families, and extended families. Listed below are some highlights of Max Bupa Health Insurance:
- The insurer won the ET Best BFSI Brands Award in 2016 for its 'Customer First' philosophy, innovation, strong equity in the market, and unique products like Max Bupa Walk for Health.
- Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance was recognised as the Innovation of the Year at Golden Peacock Awards 2015
- Max Bupa was declared the 'Claim Service Leader of the Year' Award in 2015 at the 5th Indian Insurance Awards.
Over 2.5 million people have been insured with Max Bupa Health Insurance. The company has over 1,400 employees, 26 offices in 16 cities.
Why Buy Max Bupa Health Insurance Policy?
Here are some reasons why customers prefer Max Bupa Health Insurance for their health insurance needs:
- Cashless hospitalisation: Max Bupa Health Insurance offers cashless hospitalisation at 3,500+ network hospitals across India within 30 minutes of receiving the request from the hospital.
- Comprehensive insurance cover: Max Bupa offers health insurance policies with a sum insured of up to Rs.1 crore. The insurance coverage has low waiting periods.
- International coverage: Max Bupa Heartbeat Platinum plan is a unique product that offers international cashless treatment for 9 major critical illnesses like organ transplant and cancer through its global network in over 190 countries. Outpatient Department cover is available under this plan.
- Maternity benefits: Health insurance plans offered by Max Bupa covers maternity related expenses after a 1-year waiting period. A baby born when a maternity claim is payable is automatically covered till the next policy renewal.
- Health plans for entire family: Max Bupa offers health insurance plans for the entire family from newborn babies to senior citizens under a single policy.
- Lifelong renewability: All health insurance plans offered by Max Bupa comes with a lifelong renewability option, provided continuous payment of insurance premium.
Benefits of Max Bupa Health Insurance:
- Daily cash benefit: For miscellaneous expenses, you can get a daily cash benefit of up to Rs.4,000 per day during the hospitalisation period up to 45 days.
- Direct claim settlement: There is no involvement of a TPA. Therefore, the claim settlement is direct and quick.
- World-wide coverage: Insured members can get cashless treatment at a network hospital of Max Bupa Health Insurance anywhere in the world.
- Renewability for life: All health insurance policies offered by Max Bupa have lifelong renewability option.
- Discount: Get a discount upon purchasing a 2-year policy. Discount on premium applicable on select policies offered by Max Bupa Health Insurance and that too only in the second year of the policy term.
- Critical illness plan: A lump sum amount will be paid to the insured in the case of diagnosis of a specified critical illness under the policy, provided he or she survives for 30 days post diagnosis.
- Personal accident plan: With this rider attached to your base policy, you can get sum insured payout benefit in the case of an accident death, permanent total disability or partial disability.
- Tax benefit: Get tax deduction on premium paid towards a health insurance policy under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Types of Health Insurance Policies Provided by Max Bupa Health Insurance:
Policies forming a part of the company’s health insurance plans portfolio are listed below:
- Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance Plan
- Max Bupa Health Companion Policy
- Max Bupa Health Assurance Plan
Health Insurance Plans for Individuals & Nuclear Families (You, Spouse and 2 Children):
Heartbeat at Max Bupa, it?s all about simplifying the complexities associated with health insurance. The aptly named Heartbeat is an easy plan to understand, to buy, and provides comprehensive health coverage for you and your family, to the tune of Rs.1 Crore.
Note that the Heartbeat Health Insurance Plan can also be applied to the traditional Indian joint family wherein upto 14 relationships are covered, with individual sum insured for each member of the group and a floater sum insured that can be used for any of the insured family members.
Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance Plan:
Max Bupa Heartbeat Health Insurance Plan all about simplifying the complexities associated with health insurance. The aptly named Heartbeat is an easy plan to understand, to buy, and provides comprehensive health coverage for you and your family, to the tune of Rs.1 Crore.
|Entry Age||Right from birth to 65 years|
|Right from birth to 65 years||Individual / Family floater|
|Policy Period||One or Two Years|
|Grace period||1 month|
|Sum Assured||Rs.2 Lakhs to 2 Crores|
|Cashless Treatment||3500+ hospitals|
|Health Check Up||Free health check-up upon renewal of insurance policy.|
|Option to Scale Higher||If you think that your current insurance is inadequate, topping up is definitely a simple option that hikes your coverage at a very nominal cost.|
|Insurance Cover for Maternity & New Born Child||After 2+ years of continuous coverage, the plan provides you maternity benefits for upto 2 deliveries.|
|Health Relationship Loyalty Program-||Irrespective of claims raised, we offer you two reward programs to choose from- A) Earn & Redeem, B) Increase Sum Assured.|
|Discount on Policy||When you purchase a policy for two years, a discount of 12.5% is applicable on the second year premium.|
|Optional Co-Payment||If you are aged lesser than 65 years, then you can choose between a 10% - 20% co-payment plan to avail discount on premium.|
|Tax Savings||Under Sction 80D of the Income Tax Act.|
|Medical expenses||Up to 30 days before and 60 days after hospitalization are covered under this policy.|
It's difficult to predict the various ups and downs in life. Especially, when it comes to illness and health scares, a badly timed ailment could completely deplete all your hard earned savings and maybe, push you into debt as well. Max Bupa?s Health@Companion plan is designed for all such eventualities- keeping you and your family protected with a robust health insurance, while also safeguarding your savings against the onslaught of unexpected medical expenses.
|Direct & Simple Claim Settlement-||We have in place a simple system of claims settlement that allows you to talk directly to us and not some third party.|
|Cashless Treatment||Avail cashless treatment at a wide network of quality hospitals across India.|
|Assured Policy Renewal for Life||Guaranteed policy renewal for life, at no extra loading based on your claims history.|
|Try It before You Buy It||After purchasing the Max Bupa health insurance, and in the super rare condition of not being completely impressed by it, you can return the policy back to us with a simple explanation and your investment will be promptly returned back to you.|
|Tax Savings||Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.|
|24x7 Access to your Policy||Our customer support team and helpline are at hand to address all your queries and concern|
Max Bupa Health Assurance Plan:
Max Bupa Health Assurance Plan is a unique fixed benefit plan that helps you financially through sudden eventualities like accidents, illness (both general and critical) and other instances that require hospitalization. Peace of mind guaranteed!!
|Choose a Combination that Works for You||
|Lots of Benefits||
|Option to Cover Entire Family||The family cover option allows you to extend the Health Assurance to your entire family inclusive of yourself, your spouse and two children.|
|Sum Assured per Health Assurance||
Max Bupa Health Insurance Renewal:
All health insurance policies offered by Max Bupa Health Insurance have to be renewed every policy year for continued policy benefits. A 30-day grace period will be given post premium payment due date to make renewal payment. However, policy benefits will not be available during the grace period. If the policyholder fails to renew the policy within the grace period, the policy will lapse. Policy renewal can be done online through the insurer’s website. Enter your policy number on the website to know the renewal premium amount and pay using net banking, credit card or debit card.
Max Bupa Health Insurance Premium Calculator:
With Max Bupa Health Insurance premium calculator, you can assess your insurance needs and choose a suitable health insurance policy for you and your family. The online premium calculator is simple and easy to use. It is available on the insurer's website. All you have to do is choose a specific plan, enter the chosen sum insured, your personal details such as name, date of birth, city, phone number, and email ID. If you choose co-pay, list how much percentage you are willing to pay. Click on Calculate Premium and get the premium details instantly.
Max Bupa Health Insurance Customer Care:
For any policy-related queries or assistance with purchasing a policy from Max Bupa Health Insurance, call toll-free number 1800 3010 3333 or 011 66326666. You can also email email@example.com or send a letter to Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited, B-1/I-2, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi - 110044.
- Branch Office: Visit the official website of Max Bupa Health Insurance and click on ‘Contact Us’ tab on the top right-hand corner of the page. A list of contact details of the branch offices of Max Bupa will be displayed on the screen.
- Network hospital: Locate a network hospital in your area by selecting a state and city from the dropdown box. You can also view the map for directions to the nearest network hospital.
Customer Support: Under the Customer Support option, you can find the following services:
- Track your claim status
- Information on claim process
- Download claim forms
- Grievance redressal
- Change your contact details
- Policy documents
- Tax receipt: You can access your tax receipt by entering your policy number, date of birth, and email ID.
- Portability: You can find information on how to port your health insurance policy from one insurer to another without losing your accrued policy benefits such as waiting period and No-Claim Bonus.
Know More About: Max Bupa Health Insurance Customer Care Number
Max Bupa Cashless Network Hospitals:
Max Bupa Health Insurance offers cashless facility at more than 3,500 network hospitals across India. If you have opted for cashless hospitalisation, then locate a network hospital near you using the online network hospital locator tool. Just enter your place of residence such as city and state. The tool will give you a list of network hospitals in your area with its contact details. Max Bupa approves cashless hospitalisation request within 30 minutes of receiving the form from the hospital.
Find cashless network hospitals nearby: Max Bupa Cashless Network Hospitals
How to file a claim with Max Bupa Health Insurance?
There are 2 types of claims you can file with Max Bupa:
- Cashless Claim: Visit a network hospital and show your health card with policy number and a valid photo identity at the hospital desk. The network hospital will verify your identity and submit a pre-authorisation request to the insurer or TPA. The insurance company or its Third-Party Administrator will process the request and send approval to the hospital. In the case of a rejection, the insured member can get treated at the same hospital but has to pay the medical bills out of his or her pocket, and later make a reimbursement claim for the expenses incurred. In the case of approval, the insurance company will settle the bill directly with the hospital.
- Reimbursement Claim: In the case of planned hospitalisation, intimate the insurer 48 hours prior to admission. Pay the medical bills upfront, out of your pocket. At the time of discharge, collect all the original medical documents and submit it to the insurer along with a duly-filled and signed claim form which is available on the insurance company's website. The claim will be processed and approved as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
Incurred Claims Ratio of Max Bupa Health Insurance for the Year 2017-18
|Net Earned Premium (in Crore)||Net Claims Paid (in Crore)||Incurred Claims Ratio (in %)|
|Rs.575.85 crore||Rs.289.02 crore||50.19%|
Also Read: How to File a Claim with Max Bupa?
Also Read: Best Health Insurance Plans
Max Bupa Health Insurance FAQs:
Why is it important to buy health insurance policy?
A health insurance policy helps you to save money by paying off all your medical expenses. With the rising medical expenses, it is a wise move to insure you and your family’s health by buying health insurance policies. You can get cashless hospitalization for more than 24 hours with the help of these policies.
What is a health card?
A health card is a part of your health insurance policy. This card enables you to enjoy the benefits of your health insurance policy.
How do I get cashless hospitalization?
You can get cashless hospitalization only in the network hospitals of Max Bupa by showing your health card to the hospital authority.
What the difference between a network and non-network hospital?
A network hospital is a hospital with which your health insurance provider has an official connection. You can enjoy cashless hospitalization in a network hospital. In a non- network hospital, you cannot avail cashless hospitalization and with this hospital, your health insurance provider does not have any tie up.
As I already have health insurance for myself and my wife from my employer, do I need to buy a separate policy?
It’s good to buy an alternative health insurance policy to be on the safe side. Because, once you leave or change your present job, your company insurance policy will not cover you and your wife’s medical expense. Beside, a separate policy can be an added advantage in case your medical expense is higher than your existing coverage level.
What is a family floater plan?
It is a plan under which you can include the hospitalization expense of your entire family.
How can I buy Max Bupa Health Insurance Policy?
There are many options of buying Max Bupa health insurance policies. You can buy them online.Then you will get your policy instantly. But online facility is available for those people only, who do not need any medical examination. You can also buy Max Bupa health insurance policies over phone or by visiting your nearest branch.
Do I need to undergo medical examination to buy Max Bupa health insurance policies?
You need to undergo medical checkup, if you are buying a new health insurance policy offered by Max Bupa. But for the renewal of your existing policies, you need not go for medical examination.
What is the duration of health insurance policies offered by Max Bupa Health Insurance?
Ideally, you can buy a policy for a period of 1 or 2 years. If you purchase a policy for two years, you will get discount. This offer is applicable for Heartbeat and Health Companion Health Insurance plans only.
Can a non- Indian person buy Max Bupa Health Insurance policy?
Yes, a non – Indian or a foreigner living in India can also buy health insurance policies offered by Max Bupa. But, the person can claim coverage only within India.
How to claim Max Bupa Health Insurance?
Max Bupa Health Insurance offers a seamless claims procedure:
- Cashless claim procedure: Cashless hospitalisation can be availed only in a network hospital. For planned hospitalisation, inform the insurer 48 hours prior to admission and for emergency hospitalisation, intimate the insurer within 24 hours of admission. Display your Max Bupa Health Card at the hospital desk. The hospital will submit a pre-authorisation request to the insurer. The approval or rejection of the request will be conveyed to the hospital via fax or email within 30 minutes. The claim will be settled as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Reimbursement claim procedure: Intimate the insurer within 48 hours of hospitalisation. Submit a claim form along with supporting documents such as original hospital bills, prescription, pharmacy bills, and discharge summary to the insurer. The claim form can be downloaded from Max Bupa Health Insurance website. The insurance company will review the claim request and according approve or reject it. Claim settlement will be done as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
How good is Max Bupa Health Insurance?
Max Bupa is one of the top health insurance providers in the country. The health insurance plans offered by Max Bupa are designed for individuals, couples, senior citizens, and families. The health plans offer a comprehensive cover and a wide sum insured range. The policies come with a lifelong renewability option. The claim process is hassle-free with no TPA involved.
What is the tenure of a health insurance plan offered by Max Bupa?
Max Bupa Health Insurance plans are available for 1 to 2-years policy period. The policy has to be renewed every year for continued benefits over the policy term. You can get discounts on purchasing a policy for 2 years. The premium discount is applicable for second year for Heartbeat and Health Companion Health Insurance plans.
What types of medical expenses are compensated by Max Bupa Health Insurance?
All treatment expenses during hospitalisation are covered under Max Bupa Health Insurance plans including room rent charges.
Is it necessary to undergo a medical checkup before buying Max Bupa Health Insurance?
A medical checkup may be required at the time of purchasing a policy but not at the time of renewal. It is advisable to undergo a medical checkup and disclosing any pre-existing conditions at the time of policy inception to avoid any hassle when making a claim.
Can I avail cashless facility across all the hospitals?
No, cashless hospitalisation can be availed only at a network hospital of Max Bupa Health Insurance.
What is the procedure to avail medical benefits under insurance policy?
Max Bupa Health Insurance offers a hassle-free claim process whether it is a cashless claim or reimbursement claim. In the case of a cashless claim, the network hospital has to send a pre-authorisation request to the insurer. In the case of a reimbursement claim, after discharge, you can submit the duly-filled claim form along with the original hospital bills to the insurer. In both cases, the insurer will review your claim request and approve or reject the claim accordingly.
Who is TPA of Max Bupa Health Insurance?
Max Bupa Health Insurance doesn’t have a Third-Party Administrator. This way, the claim settlement solutions are direct and quicker.
What is a pre-existing disease or condition under Max Bupa Health Insurance?
Any illness, injury, disease or condition detected, treated or diagnosed before 48 hours of purchasing the policy is considered a pre-existing condition.
Does Max Bupa Health Insurance cover the hospitalization expenses incurred during a medical emergency?
Insurance cover of a health insurance policy offered by Max Bupa is only for medical expen
Examples of Network Hospitals in Major Cities
|CITY||NAME OF HOSPITAL|
|Kolkata||Columbia Asia Hospital|
|DELHI||Action Cancer Hospital|
|BANGALORE||Columbia Asia Hospital|
|CHENNAI||Fortis Malar Hospital|
*Disclaimer - This is not an exhaustive list but an indicative representation of hospitals that form a part of the company's wider network.