Maruti Suzuki Baleno is characterised by a powerful stance, innovative features, and an iconic body frame. The unique design of the car and its robust performance makes it stand out from its competitors in the Indian automobile scene. The inspiration behind the car’s powerful styling is its Liquid Flow Design based on elegance, harmony, and energy wave.
Features of Maruti Suzuki Baleno:
- The front of the car is highlighted with the elegance of chrome. The chrome accents run all along the sides of the car up to the rear.
- The Baleno has powerful projector headlamps equipped with daytime running lamps. The rear combination lamps have LED.
- The lights also have the Lead Me to Vehicle/Follow Me Home functionality that lights up the road ahead for short durations.
- The interiors are in black showcasing elegance and style in harmony.
- The car has a stylish dashboard in black with silver accents.
- The interiors also have other attractive features such as Smartphone Connectivity, Bluetooth Connectivity, audio controls that are mounted to the steering, and Media Connectivity.
- The car has a SmartPlay Infotainment System with Apple CarPlay. Using this functionality, one can make calls, listen to music, and receive/send messages effortlessly.
- The tilt and telescopic steering functionality ensures that the driver and passengers always experience a comfortable drive.
- Reverse parking camera display, dual front airbags, anti-pinch power window, ABS, and a great navigation system are other attractive features of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
*The above features are present in the top-end model of the car; other variants may not be equipped with all the features described.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Car Insurance in India:
Maruti Insurance Broking Private Limited is an IRDA-licensed insurance broking organisation. The entity offers motor insurance solutions for all types of Maruti cars, including the Baleno. The insurance companies that have tie-ups with Maruti Insurance are New India Assurance, National Insurance, Royal Sundaram, ICICI Lombard, IFFCO Tokio, and Bajaj Allianz, among others.
- The company enables a policyholder to benefit from cashless claim settlement facility at a wide network of garages throughout the country.
- The quality repair work done at these garages, the use of genuine spare parts, impressive infrastructure at the garages, and maintenance of safety standards for vehicles are noteworthy.
- Maruti Insurance is also renowned for its reliable customer care services and the transparency with which all transactions (including claim settlement) are carried out.
- It is also observed that majority of the customers of Maruti cars trust Maruti Insurance as their primary insurance service provider.
- Maruti Suzuki workshops that are in the network of the insurance broking company are spread across 900 cities in India, where renewal of car insurance is also taken up.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Engine Specifications:
The technical specifications of the petrol variant of the Maruti Baleno are as follows:
|Engine capacity||1197 cc|
|Maximum power||62 kW at 6000 rpm|
|Maximum torque||115 Nm at 4000 rpm|
|Transmission type||5 MT/CVT|
|Fuel efficiency||21.4 km/L|
|Fuel tank capacity||37 L|
The technical specifications of the diesel variant of the Maruti Baleno are as follows:
|Engine capacity||1248 cc|
|Maximum power||55.2 kW at 4000 rpm|
|Maximum torque||190 Nm at 2000 rpm|
|Transmission type||5 MT|
|Fuel efficiency||27.39 km/L|
|Fuel tank capacity||37 L|
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Car Insurance Price:
The cost of insuring your Maruti Baleno car depends on several factors, as detailed below:
- The coverage opted for - If you have chosen a comprehensive car insurance policy, you will be required to pay a higher premium amount. The third-party liability insurance plan offers limited coverage and is hence, cheaper than a comprehensive policy. In case you have also opted for add-on covers under your package policy, you will have to pay the premium pertaining to the add-on insurance as well.
- Make and model of the car - The model and make of the vehicle has an impact on its car insurance premium. The part of the motor insurance premium corresponding to third-party liability coverage is a fixed value that depends on the engine capacity of the vehicle. The Maruti Baleno has engine specification between 1,000 cc and 1,500 cc. The third-party liability premium that the owner of this car is required to pay will be Rs. 2,863, as per the standard rates published by the IRDA for the financial year 2017-18. This cost could be revised in FY19. The own-damage cover under the insurance policy is also dependent on the type of car. For instance, high-end cars will attract higher insurance premiums.
- The deductibles chosen - A voluntary deductible can be opted for by the policyholder to bring down the car insurance premium. This will effectively expose the car owner to the risk of bearing a part of the claim amount. So, if you were involved in an accident that caused damage to your car, you will have to bear the amount corresponding to voluntary deductible. The insurance company will only pay the remaining claim amount. However, by opting for a voluntary excess you are liable to save some money on car insurance premium.
- Driving history of the car owner - If the car owner has a good driving record and has accrued a No Claim Bonus under the policy, he/she will receive car insurance at a lower cost.
- Installation of safety gear - If the vehicle has the latest safety equipments installed, the premium for its insurance is likely to be lower. This is because insurance providers consider such cars to be at low risk for theft and other such total loss incidents.
- Customer loyalty - If you have multiple insurance policies with the same insurance company, you may be offered a lower price on motor insurance. This is something you will have to check with the insurer before buying the policy. Staying with the same insurance company for many years may also guarantee you lower premiums on car insurance. At the time of policy renewal, it is advisable to compare insurance policies between companies and check if you are getting a good deal by staying with the same insurer.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Insurance Renewal:
You can easily renew the motor insurance policy of your Maruti Baleno car:
- If you have bought the insurance policy directly from the insurance provider, you can renew the policy by logging in to their website. Almost all insurance companies today offer the facility of online renewal of insurance. This can be done in a few minutes by updating specific information on an online form and paying the premium.
- In case you have bought insurance through the Maruti Insurance programme, you can place a request for policy renewal with the customer service team of the company. You can also approach the dealership to get in touch with the insurance broker.
- If you have purchased insurance from a neutral financial website like BankBazaar, you can effortlessly renew your insurance policy by logging in to the website and choosing the relevant menu option. You will be able to renew your insurance within a few minutes without the need for extensive paperwork.
*The features and prices may be changed by Maruti, without prior notice. So, check with the dealership on the latest specifications and prices before buying the vehicle. The details can also be seen at the Maruti Suzuki website.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017