Maruti Insurance Broking Private Limited are insurance dealers authorized by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA). They check all your auto insurance requirements on a single window notion and are reputed for their client centric method. The company provides Maruti car insurance products and services from topnotch insurance organizations like National Insurance, Bajaj Allianz, ICICI Lombard, New India Assurance, Iffco-Tokio, and Royal Sundaram.
Maruti Car Specials
The latest version of the Maruti Suzuki Swift is athletic and elegant at the same time. Its premium interiors and award-winning machinery ensures high performance and jaw-dropping fuel efficiency. The car is also equipped with safety features that ensure you have a safe ride every time.
If you plan to buy the Maruti Suzuki Swift this festive season, you have made a brilliant decision! Ensure that you protect it with a comprehensive insurance policy from one of the leading insurers in the country. For this you need not look any further; Bank Bazaar offers you the facility to compare policies and buy car insurance as per your needs. It also provides you a host of information on Maruti Suzuki Swift car insurance on this page. So make sure you read it without further delay.
Why Should You Insure Your Maruti Suzuki Car?
In India, car insurance is mandated by law. Every vehicle on the roads should be equipped with at least a third-party liability insurance policy. If you drive an uninsured vehicle, you could be penalised by the police. So, if you own a Maruti Suzuki car, it is imperative to get an appropriate car insurance policy to protect the vehicle.
Why Choose Maruti Car Insurance?
You can claim for almost 100 percent amount you had to shell out for repairs due to motor accidents. With a pan-India network of Maruti Suzuki service centres, Maruti Suzuki service stations are fully equipped with advanced amenities and infrastructure and first-rate mechanics. In short, superior quality with repairs, replacement with original spare parts and service from highly skilled technicians are guaranteed.
Maruti Insurance also makes sure of outstanding customer care with utmost objectivity and transparency. This is why more than 90 percent buyers of Maruti Suzuki choose to purchase a Maruti Insurance Plan for their vehicle.
Maruti Car Insurance Partners
Do you own a Maruti car? Then you are in for a pleasant surprise.
Maruti Insurance is affiliated with some of country’s premier insurance carriers such as
- Bajaj Allianz, ICICI Lombard,
- Iffco Tokio General Insurance
- National Insurance,
- New India Assurance
- Royal Sundaram
Now you have more flexibility in choosing the covers (personal accident cover, third party liability cover etc.) you want at fabulous discounts.
Benefits & Features Of Maruti Car Insurance
- Repair damages due to accidents almost for free
- Unified services across the country
- Stress free, objective and transparent settling of claims
- Superior repair work at approved dealer garages
- Free towing facility with dealer assistance
- Instant & easy transfer of no claim bonus
- Prompt issuance of policy
Any damage caused by accident can be repaired in any of the Maruti Suzuki Service Station in the country. Nearly all the expenses will be borne by the insurance company. You need to pay only the essential extra charges and relevant reduction according to the current motor tariff rates and leave with your car as good as new. The remaining amount can be settled directly between the mechanic and the insurance provider.
Similar to ‘Free Roaming Charges’ offered by some mobile companies, you can avail the services of a Maruti Insurance Service Centre anywhere in India. These products and services comprise of getting new auto insurance policy, implementation of renewals, authorization issuance and claim disbursement.
Maruti Insurance guarantees you a trouble-free and reasonable claim settlement. Whatever is owed by default, is funded by the insurance firm. The client is not required to bear any unwarranted differential expenses of repair, restoration or replacement. Every transaction is totally transparent. No troubles over individual involvement or following up with inspectors from the insurance company. There shall be no inconvenience of depositing the remainder with insurance company too. There will be no compromise on any of the services offered.
With Maruti Insurance you don’t compromise on the quality of repairs as you are not forced to go to a roadside workshop. The damaged vehicles are repaired at Maruti authorized dealer workshops that are equipped with the best facilities and infrastructure. This ensures quality repairs with Maruti Genuine spare parts and trained technicians.
Hauling assistance is given for taking your car to the dealer garage, in case the car is damaged beyond mobility after a mishap. This feature is obtainable free of cost up to INR. 1500. This limit can be augmented at client preference by shelling out additional premium at the time policy was issued.
If you wish to renew with Maruti Insurance for the first time and has not filed for a claim in the first year, you are rewarded with a No Claim Bonus (NCB). This amount can be transferred to Maruti Insurance policy premium as you renew your policy.
The policyholder does not need to wait for the insurance papers, even if it at times takes weeks to get them transported from the insurance firm. You can download it directly from the official website by entering your policy details.
Maruti Car Insurance Calculator For Premium
If you buy an auto insurance policy for your Maruti car through a neutral financial website like BankBazaar, you will receive the assistance of its customer service team at the time of unprecedented events like accidents or theft. You can also determine the premium by using the online Maruti insurance premium calculator tool.
In order to calculate the premium for your Maruti car insurance, visit the insurance broking website and click on the menu option that leads you to the Maruti insurance premium calculator tool.
- In the tool, update the make and model of your car, date of purchase/registration, the city of purchase/registration, Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car, your email address, and mobile number.
- You will also have to agree to the terms and conditions to receive a quote on your car insurance.
Good-to-Have Insurance Add-ons For Maruti Suzuki Cars
If you have bought a comprehensive auto insurance policy for your Maruti car and are looking to enhance its coverage, you can buy add-on covers, i.e., riders, from the insurer. Some of the most popular riders in car insurance are:
- Zero depreciation cover - Also referred to as nil depreciation cover, this is one of the most widely sold car insurance add-on covers. This rider ensures that the car owner receives almost 100% of the claim amount. He/she will only have to pay a part of the claim that corresponds to deductibles. If the car was not insured under this rider, the car owner will have to bear the amount corresponding to depreciation on car parts as well. This rider is offered to cars that are less than 3 years old. As the car gets older, the premium for the zero depreciation cover increases.
- Roadside assistance cover - This add-on enables you to get help if you face an emergency situation involving your car. This includes punctured tyres, empty fuel tank, and the like. You will just have to place a call to the insurance company and you will receive the immediate assistance of a representative of the insurer, irrespective of where you are stranded.
- Engine protect cover - This add-on cover protects the electronic circuit and the engine of the vehicle. This is particularly useful for cars that are used in areas prone to flooding. Damage to the car’s engine is usually not covered under a comprehensive insurance plan. So, it is advisable to pay additional premium and opt for this cover for your car.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) protection cover - This add-on insurance cover preserves the accrued NCB under a policy, even if the policyholder has raised a claim under it.
- Personal accident cover for the passengers - The comprehensive car insurance plan usually includes personal accident protection for the owner-driver. But this coverage is not extended to passengers. If you go on long drives with your family often, it is advisable to get your family members protected with this add-on cover.
Maruti Car Insurance Renewal
You can renew the auto insurance policy of your Maruti car at the official website of Maruti Insurance Broking Private Limited. The online policy renewal facility is hassle-free and convenient. Maruti Insurance also promises that the process is highly secure, as the company employs stringent security measures when dealing with personal information.
For online policy renewal, you will have to provide the following information on the online form:
- Your name
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Car’s registration number
Once you submit the form, a customer service representative will get in touch with you to guide you through the subsequent processes. In case you need to speak to the customer support centre, you can dial their toll-free number.
Maruti Car Insurance Endorsements
A car insurance endorsement is a change or a correction made to the existing policy that can result in an increase in premium. An endorsement is required when there is a change in the car ownership, increase in insurance cover, change in the geographical location, addition of a CNG/LPG kit in the vehicle, removal or addition of accessories, etc. The insurer does not make the changes in the original policy document. Instead, an Endorsement Certificate is added to the policy documentation.
Endorsements are of two types:
- Premium bearing endorsements - The changes corresponding to a premium bearing endorsement and the documents required for the same are indicated in the table below:
|Type of change||Documents required|
|Car ownership transfer||
|Correction of ex-showroom price of the car||
|Inclusion of a CNG/LPG kit in the vehicle||
|Increase in the personal accident cover||
|Installation or removal of an anti-theft device||
|Inclusion or exclusion of electrical accessories||
|Inclusion or exclusion of non-electrical accessories||
|Extension of the geographical limit. The geographical area may be altered to include Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives, Sri Lanka, or Pakistan||
|If the policyholder takes membership in any recognised automobile association, then this endorsement is required. It is also needed when the policyholder’s existing membership is revoked or expires||
|Endorsement for participation in rally (Package policies do not usually offer this coverage)||
- Non premium bearing endorsements - The changes corresponding to a non premium bearing endorsement and the documents required for the same are indicated in the table below:
|Type of change||Documents required|
|Registration number correction||
|Correction in the type of customer (for instance, changing the type of customer from individual to firm)||
|Correction in the name of the customer, prefix, or corporate name||
|Correction in the customer’s city, address, or gender||
|Changes including addition or cancellation in the hire purchase agreement, hypothecation agreement, or lease agreement||
|Correction made to the details of the nominee||Request letter from the policyholder|
|Change in the mobile number or other contact details of the policyholder||Request letter from the policyholder|
In order to get an endorsement in your Maruti car insurance policy, you can contact Maruti Insurance Broking Private Limited at its toll-free number.
Maruti Car Insurance Claim Process
Maruti Insurance ensures that claims raised by customers are taken care of within the shortest timeframe. In the event of cashless claims, the policyholder is only required to pay the compulsory excess and depreciation element, while the insurer settles the rest of the amount directly with the network garage.
Maruti Insurance proactively follows up with insurers and service stations to ensure that all repair work is done in an expedited manner. Hence, the customer gets a smooth claim settlement experience.
In order to contact Maruti Insurance for claims, you can call the company’s toll-free number or contact the dealership from where the car was purchased. Alternatively, you can visit the nearest Maruti Suzuki authorised garage for the repair work, and the garage will get in touch with Maruti Insurance.
The steps involved in a claim settlement process with Maruti Insurance are as detailed below:
- The policyholder intimates the claim to the insurance company. The network garage prepares estimates for the repair work.
- Surveyor appointment is done, followed by vehicle inspection and loss assessment. After this, the surveyor gives a go-ahead for the repair work.
- The workshop will undertake repairs of the vehicle following the approval of the surveyor.
- The surveyor will examine the repair work done. Following this, the vehicle will be delivered.
- The insurance company will settle the claim based on the surveyor’s report.
A team of experienced professionals from Maruti Insurance will help the policyholder throughout the claim process. They will offer assistance in filing the claim in the required manner.
Types Of Auto Insurance You Can Take For Your Maruti Car
There are two types of motor insurance, and you can opt for any one of these for your Maruti car:
- Liability only policy - Also referred to as the third-party liability insurance, this insurance cover is mandated by the Motor Vehicles Act 1988 for all vehicles on Indian roads. This insurance covers the bodily injury or death of a third party in an accident involving the insured car. It also provides coverage for damage to third-party property in the accident.
- Comprehensive policy - This insurance covers loss or damage to the insured vehicle. It also offers coverage for bodily injury or death of its owner driver. Additionally, this insurance offers third-party liability cover. A comprehensive car insurance policy is also referred to as a package policy.
In addition to accident coverage, the own damage (OD) part of the comprehensive car insurance also protects the vehicle against the following:
- Lightning, fire, self-ignition, or explosion
- Riots, malicious activities, terrorism, strikes, etc.
- Theft or burglary
- Storms, earthquakes, floods, landslides, etc.
The exclusions in comprehensive motor insurance are as follows:
- Mechanical or electrical breakdowns
- Normal wear and tear of the car
- Damage to the tyres, unless the car is also damaged
- Driving the car without a valid driving license
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Using the vehicle for illegal activities
- Using the car outside the geographical limits mentioned in the policy
- Using the car for hire, carriage of goods, pace making, racing, or speed testing
- Nuclear perils or war
What Affects The Premium Of Your Maruti Car Insurance?
The premium of a Maruti car insurance policy depends on the following factors:
- Insured Declared value of the car
- Cubic capacity
- Geographical zone
- Age of the car
You can also opt for add-on covers to amplify the coverage of your auto insurance. Add-on covers will have to be bought by paying extra premium to the insurer.
How Does The Insurance Company Determine The Sum Insured?
The sum insured is determined at the inception of the policy. This is also referred to as the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle. The IDV is the car manufacturer’s listed selling price of the vehicle minus depreciation based on the car’s age. Some insurers also take into account the accessories in the car to determine its final IDV.
Tips On Saving Premium For Your Maruti Car Insurance
If you are looking for a good price on your Maruti car insurance, you should keep certain things in mind before buying a policy:
- Compare insurance plans online - It is possible to compare insurance plans between providers and identify one that matches your requirements. This is a crucial step that should not be missed when you are looking to buy car insurance.
- Read the policy wordings - Before buying an insurance plan, you should read through the policy wordings and understand the coverage offered. This is applicable across the board for all insurance plans. Reading through the policy documentation will equip you better to make a judicious decision at the time of purchase.
- Know the IDV of your vehicle - This step is more relevant when you are looking to renew your existing car insurance policy. The knowledge of the IDV, i.e., the current market value of your car, gives you an idea of the amount you will be required to pay towards its insurance. This helps in negotiating with the insurer to get a better deal on your car insurance premium.
- Opt for voluntary deductibles - If you consider yourself to be a safe driver, then you should ideally opt for voluntary deductibles at the time of car insurance purchase. This reduces your premium by a significant amount. However, when opting for excesses, make sure that you will be able to pay the chosen deductible amount at the time of a claim.
NCB On Your Maruti Car Insurance
No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a benefit offered by an insurance company to a policyholder for not making any claims in a policy year. This benefit can amount to a reduction in premium at the time of car insurance renewal. The amount of NCB a policyholder accrues increases with each passing claim-free year. The maximum NCB that can be accumulated is 50% of the own damage premium of the car insurance.
How To Apply For A Maruti Insurance Policy Duplicate Copy?
You can contact the insurance company directly or approach Maruti Insurance Broking Private Limited (if you have taken the policy through them). The customer service representatives will guide you through the process of requesting for a Maruti insurance policy duplicate copy.
The steps you are usually expected to follow are:
- Submit an application to the insurance company, mentioning all relevant details. This includes:
- The details of the policyholder, such as name, address, etc.
- Details of the policy, such as policy number, date of issue, type of coverage, etc.
- Mention the reason for application of duplicate copy.
- If the car insurance policy is held by several policyholders jointly, make the application together.
- Pay the fee for issuing the duplicate copy.
- Publish an advertisement regarding lost policy papers in the local newspaper. Also, share a copy of this advertisement with your insurer.
- You should also mandatorily sign an indemnity bond on non-judicial stamp paper. This bond will include the name of the policyholder and the policy number. This indemnity bond should also be signed by two witnesses. Family members cannot be witnesses who sign the bond.
- Car Insurance for Alto K10
- Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Eeco
- Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
- Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
- Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Omni
- Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Ritz
- Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Stingray
- Car Insurance for Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara
- Car Insurance for Maruti Gypsy
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Videocon Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
Maruti Insurance FAQS
- What are covered under Maruti Insurance?
- How can I get my car insured via Maruti Insurance?
- Is it compulsory to insure my car?
- Can my insurance policy be issued for less than one year?
- What must I do with the policy after getting the same?
Every Maruti car not more than 10 years old are covered.
Maruti Insurance is accessible through the website of Maruti Insurance Broking Private Limited. You can visit the company’s website or call the toll-free customer care number to get in touch with them.
Definitely. According to Motor Vehicle Act, it is mandatory to have an auto into insurance to drive a car in public without a Third Party Insurance with Liability Only cover.
No, Maruti Insurance only provides policies for one full year.
Keep the insurance papers in your car at all times as per the Motor Vehicle Act (1988).