The outbreak of Covid-19 has impacted lives severely. It can be a difficult time from a financial point of view if you are diagnosed with the disease since you will not only have to quarantine yourself, but also worry about the cost of the treatment which can be very expensive.
Earlier, people in order to get treated for coronavirus were forced to use their savings. However, now you can apply for Corona Kavach Policy from IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance Company which provides coverage to you and the members of your family on diagnosed with Covid-19.
We will have a look at the insurance scheme closely.
Features and Benefits of IFFCO-Tokio Corona Kavach Policy
- Protection for the whole family: You can buy this insurance scheme so that all the members in your family are provided coverage.
- Covers hospitalisation expenses: On buying this insurance scheme, the insurance company will cover all the hospitalisation expenses. The cost of PPE kits is also covered under the scheme. If you are getting treated in any makeshift center approved by the Indian Government, the expenses accumulated will be covered by the insurance company.
- Cost of AYUSH treatment included: If you are getting inpatient care from treatments such as Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH), then the cost of such treatment will be covered under the insurance scheme.
- Pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses covered: Pre-hospitalisation expenses for up to 15 days, and post-hospitalisation expenses for up to 30 days are covered under the insurance scheme.
- Telemediation charges covered: Charges related to telemedication consultation are covered under this health insurance scheme.
- Choice of sum insured: You can choose a sum insured ranging between Rs.50,000 and Rs.5 lakh.
- Choice of tenure: The policy tenures offered under this scheme are three and half months, six and half months, and nine and half-months.
- Wide eligibility: The minimum and maximum age of eligibility are 18 years and 65 years respectively.
- Tax benefits: You can also avail tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Some of the reasons why you should buy the IFFCO-Tokio Corona Kavach Policy are:
- You do not have to touch your savings to meet the cost of treatment of coronavirus. All the expenses including the hospitalisation expenses are covered under this health insurance scheme.
- The pandemic can be a testing time for you and put you under a lot of stress. In case you or any member of your family is diagnosed with Covid-19, you do not have to worry as the insurance scheme will cover all the hospital expenses ensuring you get your peace of mind.
- On buying this insurance scheme you can ensure that you do not have to worry about the cost of treatment and you are able to provide best facilities to your loved ones to help them recover in case they are diagnosed with Covid-19.
What’s not covered under IFFCO-Tokio Corona Kavach Policy?
You must be aware of the exclusions under this health insurance scheme which are mentioned below:
- If you made claims for Covid-19 diagnosis before the commencement of the policy date.
- If you got yourself tested at a center not approved by the Government of India.
- Claims for daycare and OPD procedures are not covered under the health insurance policy.
- The insurance company will stop providing you coverage if you travel to a country which has been put under travel restriction list by the Government of India.
How to buy IFFCO-Tokio Corona Kavach Policy?
- Click on the link given https://www.iffcotokio.co.in/health-insurance/corona-kavach-policy.
- In the box given, enter your name and mobile number.
- Tick the box where you authorise the insurance company to contact you.
- Click on ‘Buy Now’.
- A One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP.
- Follow the instructions as given. A representative from the insurance company will get in touch with you to aid you with the application process.
You can also buy this insurance policy offline by visiting the nearest IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance Company’s branch along with all the necessary documents. A representative from the insurance company will help you with the application process.
- You must get yourself treated in a center approved by the insurance company or its authorised third-party administrator (TPA).
- You can find the cashless request form available at the center or the insurer’s network provides. Fill the form and send it to the insurer for authorisation.
- Once the insurer receives the cashless form, it will verify the document and then issue a pre-authorisation letter to the hospital.
- At the time of your or your family member’s discharge from the hospital, verify and sign the discharge papers. The cost of inadmissible and non—medical expenses will have to be borne by the you.
- The insurance company has the right to deny you claim if you are not unable to submit relevant medical documents.
- In case your claim is denied, you can get treated as per treating doctor’s advice and submit the claim documents to the insurance company.
For reimbursement of claims
You can first pay for the cost of the treatment out of your own pocket and keep the bill with you. Send all the bills along with all the other relevant medical documents. The insurance company will verify the documents and if they are found to be correct, the amount will be reimbursed to you.
|Type of claim||Time taken to reimburse the claim|
|Reimbursement of hospitalization and pre hospitalization expenses||Within 30 days of discharge from the hospital|
|Reimbursement of Home Care expenses||Within 30 days of the completion of the home care treatment|
|Reimbursement of post hospitalization expenses||Within 15 days of the completion of the post-hospitalisation treatment|
- What is the waiting-period under this policy?
- I have a query regarding the insurance policy. How can I get in touch with the insurance company?
- I am planning to get my treatment done outside India? Can I avail this scheme?
- How can I get my policy cancelled?
- Will the money be refunded by the insurance company if I cancel my policy?
There is a waiting period of 15 days under this policy.
You can call the toll-free number 1800-103-5499 or send an email to email@example.com in case of any queries related to the insurance policy.
No, you can avail this insurance scheme only if you are planning to get your treatment done in India at a center or hospital approved by the insurance company.
You can get your policy cancelled by sending a 7-days written notice to the insurance company on grounds of non-disclosure of facts, misrepresentation, etc.
The insurance company will not refund any sum whatsoever on the grounds of non-disclosure of facts, misrepresentation of material facts, or fraud.