Unfortunate events can strike unannounced. While we cannot stop them from happening, but we can surely be prepared to deal with them better. ICICI Lombard presents a health insurance policy designed just for that purpose. The ICICI Lombard Personal Protect policy will give your chosen beneficiary a death benefit following the unfortunate event of your passing away due to an accident. In addition to this, the policy also covers you against Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) following an accident. You can also opt for additional coverage against Accidental Hospitalization Expenses Reimbursement and Accidental Hospital Daily Allowance by making a nominal additional premium payment.
|Entry Age||Applicant must be between the age of 18 years to 80 years when applying for the policy|
|Policy Tenure||Policy provides cover for a term of 1 year, 3 years or 5 years|
|Sum Insured||Choose between the following options - Rs.3 lakh, Rs.5 lakh, Rs.10 lakh, Rs.15 lakh, Rs.20 lakhs and Rs.25 lakh|
|Medical check-up||No medical check-up required to purchase policy|
|Premium||Premium rates will be decided based on the tenure, sum insured and coverage provided by the policy|
|Coverage||This plan provides cover against accidental death and Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) due to an accident.|
|Optional Benefits||You can take optional cover against Accidental Hospitalization Expenses and Accidental Hospital Daily Allowance|
|Grace period||Grace period of 30 days, counting from the date policy expiry, will be provided for renewal of policy.|
|Premium Refund||Premiums paid are eligible for refund subject to conditions|
|Free Look period||Free look period of 15 days will be provided, starting from the day of receipt of the policy.|
Features & Benefits of ICICI Lombard Personal Protect:
- Provides cover against Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) following an accident.
- Get optional coverage against Accidental Hospital Daily Allowance and Accidental Hospitalization Expenses.
- Multiple Sum Insured options to choose between, ranging from Rs.3 lakhs to Rs.25 lakhs.
- Coverage for multiple types of accidents such as rail, road and also those caused due natural calamities or due to terrorism/terrorist acts.
- No need to undergo medical check-up to purchase the policy.
- Enjoy worldwide coverage, no matter where you are.
- Hassle-free and streamlined claim filing process with minimal documentation required.
- Online purchase option.
- Accidental Hospitalization Expenses Reimbursement will cover medical expenses which you have incurred towards hospitalization (minimum of 24 hrs) that is required to treat an injury which has occurred within 7 days from the date of accident.
- Accidental Hospital Daily Allowance is another benefit provided by this policy where the insured gets a daily allowance for every day during hospitalization following a covered claim. Hospitalization must not exceed 30 days.
Documents Required To File a Claim:
- Copy of Policy document
- Duly filled Claim Form, signed by either the insured, claimant or the nominee
- Post mortem report (if applicable)
- Death certificate
- Disability certificate
- Spot Panchnama (certified copies)
- Medical/hospital report
- Hospital Discharge Card or summary
- All medical and pharmacy bills and prescriptions
- Any other additional documents requested
Exclusions of ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Plan:
This ICICI Lombard health insurance plan will not be liable to pay for the following expenses. Please refer to the policy document for a complete list of exclusions.
- Payment towards a hospitalization claim where hospitalization has not been done within 7 days of accident.
- Expenses of hospitalization arising from any cause that is not an injury.
- Expenses of eye/dental treatment and plastic surgery unless the same is required following an accidental injury.
- Self-inflicted injury, attempted suicide or suicide.
- Any injury caused under influence of intoxicants like liquor or drugs.
- Injury caused due to pregnancy or childbirth; except ectopic pregnancy or a consequential injury caused from the same.
- Venereal diseases, insanity or a mental/nervous/emotional disorder.
- Injury caused while insured is committing an illegal or criminal act.
Also Read: How to File a Claim with ICICI Lombard?
Other Health Insurance Plans from ICICI Lombard Health Insurance:
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.