The ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy is a health insurance policy which offers coverage for you and your family against the unprecedented medical expenses arising due to COVID-19. This insurance policy which can be availed by an individual or for his or her family.
ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy Features and Benefits
The features and benefits of the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy can be summed up as follows:
- The policy will offer a lump sum amount (sum insured)
- Avail the benefits of health assistance through the dedicated health assistance team
- The policy allows you to have virtual consultation sessions
- The policy allows you to have tele consultation limited to an extent of 4 free calls
- Avail the benefits of ambulance assistance through the policy
- Avail the benefits of inpatient hospitalisation
- The policy covers the costs of ICU and ICCU
- Avail the benefit of choosing hospital daily cash
- The policy covers the expenses of treatment for comorbid conditions
- Avail the benefits of pre-hospitalisation cover expenses
- Avail the benefits of post hospitalisation cover expenses
- Avail the benefits of home care treatment expenses
- Coverage for medical expenses alternative treatment methods (AYUSH treatment)
ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy Eligibility Criteria
|Minimum age of entry||For adults – 18 years|
|Maximum age of entry||For adults – 65 years / 75 years (business insurance)|
|Waiting Period||15 days|
|Policy tenure||3.5 months, 6.5 months, 9.5 months, and 1 year (business insurance)|
|Type of coverage||Individual and family|
ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy Coverage
The ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy covers the following:
- The sum insured as per the policy certificate will be provided as a lump sum amount
- Health assistance (value added service) will be provided through the dedicated health assistance team. This includes the following:
- Provision of options for network providers
- Provision for second opinions
- Provision of knowledge in regard to the ailments and all possible methods of treatment
- Help to identify a specialist or hospital to proceed with the treatment
What is not covered under the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy
The following are not covered under the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy:
- The diagnosis for COVID-19 has to be confirmed through tests prescribed by government authorities. Any other test results will not be acceptable.
- The insured should not have travelled to any affected area outside the geographical borders of India after 31 December 2019.
- Any claims which are placed within the first 14 days from the effective date of the policy inception will not be entertained.
- Claims will not be entertained if the insured has a history of quarantine and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 before the policy is put into effect or within 14 days of the waiting period.
- The expenses for treatments done outside the geographical boundaries of India will not be covered.
- OPD expenses will not be covered under the policy.
- Expenses for diagnosis of any problems other than the one for which you are undergoing the treatment will not be covered under the policy.
- Hospitalisation expenses in relation to the diagnosis and evaluation of the disease will not be covered under the policy.
- Expenses in regard to dietary supplements and products which have not been prescribed will not be covered.
- Expenses in regard to nature cure clinics and spas will not be covered under the policy.
How to buy the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy
In order to buy the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy, you can follow any one of the methods mentioned below.
Online Purchase: You can buy the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy online by visiting the official website of ICICI Lombard at www.icicilombard.com.
Step 1: Navigate to the ‘Corona Kavach Policy, ICICI Lombard’ option under the Products tab from the main menu.
Step 2: Enter your ‘Full Name’, ‘Mobile Phone Number’, and ‘email ID’ in the fields provided on the webpage.
Step 3: Check the box against the terms and conditions of the policy.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Proceed’ button under the form.
Step 5: ICICI Lombard will connect with you accordingly and help you through the process.
Alternatively, you can also visit the nearest ICICI Lombard branch office and enquire and buy the policy as per your requirement.
How to place a claim under the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy
You can place a claim under the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy through three different methods. You can opt for one of the following methods:
1) Cashless Emergency Process:
You can avail cashless claims through ICICI Lombard when the insured is admitted in a network hospital of the insurance provider.
2) Reimbursement Claim Process:
The reimbursement claim process can be used when the insured is not being admitted in a network hospital. In this case, the bill is settled by you and the receipts have to be submitted to ICICI Lombard for the reimbursement of the claims.
3) Cashless Planned Process:
Alternatively, you can opt for the cashless planned process for settling the medical expenses.
For any of the three methods of claim settlement, you will be required to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1 – Intimation of the claim
Step 2 – Processing of the claim
Step 3 – Settlement of the claim
You can proceed with the claim settlement process by:
- Visiting the nearest branch office of ICICI Lombard Health Care
- Calling the toll-free number 1800 2666
- Writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending an SMS 'HEALTHCLAIM' to 575758
- Sending a fax to ICICI Lombard at 022 61961323
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the minimum and maximum age of eligibility under the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy?
- What is the minimum and maximum policy term under the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy?
- Are the expenses of COVID-19 vaccination (once manufactured) covered under the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy?
- What is covered under the AYUSH treatment package of the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy?
- Is it necessary for me to go through a medical treatment procedure for COVID-19 within the geographical limits of India to be able to claim insurance under the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy?
The minimum age of the applicant should be more than 18 years but should not exceed the limit of 65 years. However, the maximum age is 75 years in the case of business insurance.
Under the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy, the minimum policy term is 3.5 months while the maximum is 9.5 months. However, for the business insurance, the tenure is 1 year.
No, the expenses towards the vaccination or preventive treatment are not covered under the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy.
The AYUSH treatment coverage includes Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy treatment methods.
Yes, it is necessary to proceed with the treatment for COVID-19 within the geographical boundaries of the country to be eligible to claim the insurance under the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy.