Bharti AXA offers car insurance policies to protect you from unplanned expenses in case of an untimely eventuality. The insurer also offers cashless services in over 2,500 garages, a robust claims settlement process, and many other benefits.
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises, a leading Indian business group and AXA, a world leader in financial protection. The joint venture company has a 74% stake from Bharti and 26% stake of the AXA Group. The organization commenced national operations in August 2008 and currently has 59 branch offices across the country.
Bharti Axa Car Insurance Policy Highlights Updated on 29 Sep 2021
|Third Party Cover||Upto 7.5 L|
|Cashless Network Garages||2500+|
|Incurred Claim Ratio*||81.74%|
|Net Earned Premium*||1010.07|
|Covers Provided||Basic Cover, Road Side Assistance|
*For Year 2017-2018
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Overview:
When it comes to car insurance, the offering from Bharti AXA is counted amongst the very top options in India. is designed to help you stay protected on the road, while also ensuring that the option is in line with your specific requirements and common limitations. The highlights of the Bharti AXA Car Insurance policy includes cashless servicing in 2500+ network garages across India, robust 24x7 claim assistance, hassle free claim settlement process and No Claims Bonus (NCB) amounting to 50% on car insurance renewal from Bharti AXA or any other insurance provider. Additionally, the company offers its car insurance products in two attractive formats for online purchase- Basic Cover & Basic Cover + Roadside Assistance.
The parent company, Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises, a premier Indian conglomerate and AXA, a leading international financial protection company. This ambitious company started its operations in India as of August 2008 and currently boasts of 59 branches across India. Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd has the distinction of being India’s first general insurance company to receive the dual certifications of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005 within the first year of operations in 2009. Counted amongst India’s leading insurers, Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd offers offers the whole gamut of insurance products.
Bharti AXA Smart Drive Private Car Insurance Policy:
This product is geared to meet the comprehensive needs of motorists. As a private car insurance plan it looks after protection requirements of cars used by individuals for private use.Bharti Axa Car Insurance Cover:
This plan comes with two levels of cover for the car and passenger’s i.e. basic cover to meet comprehensive liabilities arising from accidents and an enhanced cover which includes assistance during breakdowns and other unfortunate on-road incidents. The details are outlined below:
- Comprehensive - includes theft, damage by fire/accident/earthquake/flood etc. as specified in the contract.
- Third-party liability - includes damage to another person’s vehicle/property or for loss of life/injury caused to another.
- Personal Accident - Rs.2 lakhs in case of death/total permanent dismemberment.
Basic + Roadside Assistance (within 25km radius)
- Basic cover as mentioned above
- On road repairs (breakdowns)
- Towing services
- Change of tyre
- Lost key/lockout
- Emergency fuel
There are situations wherein the loss that arises is beyond the terms of the base plan for which the company provides the following covers (at additional an additional cost):
In case of loss,
|Medical Expenses||Up to Rs.10, 000 for treatment of injuries (driver + passengers).|
|Personal Accident||Up to Rs.1 lakh for passengers in case of total permanent dismemberment or death.|
|Hospital Cash||Daily limit up to Rs.10, 000 subject to a maximum of 30 days of hospitalization.|
There are certain claims for loss/damage that are not compensated for by the company.
- General wear and tear
- Loss or damage
- Breakdowns - Electrical/Mechanical
- Events occurring outside specified area limits (i.e. outside India)
- Driving under intoxication / Driving without valid driver’s license / Unauthorized driver
- Vehicle used beyond authorized usage limits
- Nuclear damage
In addition to the above mentioned features, Bharti AXA’s policy also includes the following benefits:
- On premiums for installation of anti-theft devices and voluntary deductibles
- No-Claims Bonus : Up to 50% on renewal
- 2,500+ associated garages for cashless servicing
- Cashless (at network garages)
- 24 hours assistance
The IDV i.e. the Insured Declared Value of the car is fixed as follows:
Based on the manufacturer’s selling price, the following amount (depending on the age of the car) is deducted as depreciation to arrive at IDV.
|Up to 6 months||5%|
|6 months to 1 year||15%|
|1. - 2 years||20%|
|2 - 3 years||30%|
|3 - 4 years||40%|
|4 – 5 years||50%|
Why Choose Bharti AXA Car Insurance Policy?
In today’s world of incrementing vehicular accidents and settlements amounting to an insane amount of money, a heavy-duty Car Insurance policy isn’t just a value added addition but a definite prerequisite. Car Insurance is also mandated by the Motor Vehicle Laws effective in India, and is often the first line of defense between your involvement in an accident that might have led to self and/or third party damage, injuries or death and the prospect of settling the damages for the same. In this regard, Bharti AXA Car Insurance offers a comprehensive plan that combines rich features with the convenience and simplicity as expected from a good car insurance plan. What features are in store? Read on...
|Hassle Free Process||Subscribing to the Bharti AXA Car Insurance policy, or renewing it, is a simple, stress free process that involves limited documentation. Faster, when done online.|
|Buy Insurance Online||Save time and conserve your energy and patience by purchasing the policy online. This plan is offered in two formats- Basic Cover & Basic Cover + Roadside Assistance, to match the customer’s specific requirements.|
|Cashless Claims||Avail cashless claims at 2500+ network garages across India.|
|No Claim Bonus||You can transfer up to 50% of your current NCB over to Bharti AXA from any other insurance provider.|
|Additional Covers||Add-ons like Depreciation cover, Invoice Price cover, Medical Expenses cover, Personal Accident cover for Passengers and Hospital Cash gets you more for your money’s worth.|
|A+ Customer Support||Robust 24x7 customer support to ensure that all your queries and concerns are taken care of as and when they arise.|
Thus, in light of the highlights listed above, Bharti AXA Car Insurance is worth your undivided attention.
Key Benefits of Applying Bharti Axa Car Insurance Online:
The keywords are ‘simplicity and convenience’. Why purchase Bharti AXA Car Insurance online? The answer is exemplified by the following reasons-
|Fast, Reliable and Easy||Completing the car insurance application online is simpler and quicker. Plus, there are no documents to submit or verifications to affect immediately. Thus, within a very limited number of steps, you can purchase the Bharti AXA Car Insurance online.|
|Specific Plans||Bharti AXA offers two levels of protection exclusive to online purchase- Basic Cover & Basic Cover + Roadside Assistance, to match the customer’s specific requirements.|
|24x7 Coverage||Afraid about your protection level between the time when your current policy expires and the renewed policy takes effect? With the purchase or renewal of the Bharti AXA , get instant policy issue with e-copies of the policy that can be accessed anytime and printed out.|
|24x7 Support||Avail Bharti AXA’s renowned customer support, applicable 24x7, to answer all your queries and concerns.|
The bottom line- When all these conveniences are available online, why take the harder route?
How to claim Bharti Axa Car Insurance Policy?
Raising a claim on your Bharti AXA motor insurance is very simple and involves the following three well coordinated steps-
Intimating your Claim- First, intimate Bharti AXA about the accident or loss by calling them or emailing. Your claim will be registered and a claim registration number will be provided to you to facilitate all future interactions with regards to this claim. When raising the claim, the following details must be kept handy-
- Your contact number.
- Policy number/ Cover note no. or Vehicle no., Chassis no. and Engine no.
- Exact location of the accident or loss, accurate date and time.
- Brief description about the nature and extent of loss.
- Brief description about injury sustained (if any).
Send your Vehicle for Repairs- Next, the damaged vehicle must be sent to the nearest garage of your choice or from Bharti AXA’s approved list of network garages. Remember that, the damaged vehicle’s survey can only be completed at the workshop. Herein, kindly keep the following documents handy-
- Completely filled in claim form with signatures from the insured.
- One copy of R/C Book (self attested) along with the original (for verification).
- One copy of driver’s license (self attested) along with original (for verification).
- FIR copy in case of major damage incurred/ third party injury/ death/ theft of vehicle/ damage due to malicious acts, riots etc.
- Satisfaction letter if you intend to avail the cashless facility at any of the network garages.
- Additional documents as and when required.
Claim Settlement- Herein, the settlement procedure depends on if you chose a garage from the company’s approved list of network garages or chose a workshop of your own choice. In each case, the claim settlement is effected as follows-
For repairs conducted at a network garage,
- Within 24 hours, a surveyor from Bharti AXA motor insurance will inspect your damaged vehicle. Next, spot approval will be issued after the detailed analysis.
- Post repairs, the garage will release the vehicle to you after confirming that the vehicle has been fixed in line with your express satisfaction.
- Kindly pay only the amount that isn’t recoverable under the policy such as deductible / policy excess or fees for any additional repairs that are not directly related to the current accident. Bharti AXA will settle the remaining payment with the garage on your behalf. Simple as that!!
For repairs conducted at a garage of your choice,
- A certified surveyor as appointed by Bharti AXA will visit the garage and inspect your damaged vehicle.
- When the repairs are completed and the vehicle is released to you, kindly pay the incurred cost in full and take possession of your vehicle.
- Next, submit the original repair invoice and payment receipts via post or in person at the nearest Bharti AXA branch.
- You will be reimbursed for the repair costs incurred (minus the amount that isn’t recoverable under the policy such as deductible / policy excess or fees for any additional repairs that are not directly related to the current accident) within the span of 7 working days from the date of submission of the requisite documents.
Buying the Policy:
Apart from the features and benefits mentioned above, the plan also offers customers the added advantage of being available for purchase online. By submitting required information customers can apply for the policy by making payment via net banking or credit cards.
Bharti AXA Customer Care Service:
The customer care number of Bharti AXA General Insurance is 080-49010222. Customers can dial this number to request for a quote or buy a new car insurance policy. In order to renew your car insurance, you can dial the number, 1800 103 2292. The claim assistance cell can be reached at the number, 080-49123900. Customers can send emails to the customer care team at email@example.com. For recording grievances, the toll-free number of 1800 103 2292 can be used.
The website of the insurance company enables customers to request for a call back. You will have to fill up an online form with your name, number, email ID, and message and submit it to receive a call back.
The branch locator facility on the insurer’s website enables you to locate the branch office nearest to you. You will have to select your locality from the drop-down list to see the branches closest to you. The website also enables you to identify the network garages affiliated to the insurer where you can get cashless claim settlement service. You will have to select the type of vehicle, the make, the state of registration, and the city. On submitting this information, the garages in your locality will be listed.
FAQs for Bharti AXA Car Insurance:
What are the benefits of applying for Bharti AXA car insurance?
Bharti AXA car insurance is custom made for the specific needs of its customers and it covers safety of the vehicle as well as its passengers. It has 2,500+ cashless network garages all over the country, around the clock claim assistance, quick and efficient claim settlement process, a maximum of 50% No Claim Bonus on car insurance renewal and attractive add on covers with unique features.
What protection does this provide for its customers?
Bharti AXA car insurance policy provides coverage for personal and third party damages/ injury. Passengers in the car that is driven by the insured, paid drivers, property of a third party, pedestrians as well as the insured himself is offered coverage under this scheme. Is also covers damages in case of theft or accidents.
Is there any refund on the policy?
Premium can be refunded only when the customer cancels his/her policy. It also depends on some conditions such as the company’s take on the short rate period and provision of alternate copy of theft protection risks for cancellation of the existing policy.
What are not covered under Bharti AXA car insurance policy?
The Bharti AXA motor insurance policy does not provide coverage in case of : breakdown due to mechanical or electrical problems, wear and tear of the vehicle and ageing of vehicle, depreciation, loss through staged or deliberate accident, driving while intoxicated, contractual liability, damage to/ by a third-party driving the vehicle without a valid license.
What all documents have to be submitted in order to register a claim?
In order to register a claim, the following information is to be provided :
- Contact details
- Details such as policy number or Vehicle no., Chassis no. and Engine no., etc.
- The time when the loss occurred.
- Location of incident
- The details regarding nature and extent of damages.
- Details of injury if any.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care