Critical Illness cover means that you get the lump sum cash payment you need when you’re diagnosed with a critical illness that’s listed in the insurance policy. No medical bills or hospitalisation documents are necessary under this policy. The claim becomes payable as soon as the critical illness is diagnosed and none of the exclusions apply.
Features & Benefits - Women Specific Critical Illness Insurance:
||21 years to 65 years of age.
|Policy Period and Renewal
- Annual policy.
- Grace period of 30 days for renewal.
|Sum insured options
- Rs. 50,000.
- Rs. 1,00,000.
- Rs. 1,50,000.
- Rs. 2,00,000.
Critical Illness cover gives 100% sum insured on the diagnosis of any of the following 8 critical illnesses:
Congenital Disability benefit covers the first two children. It gives 50% of the sum insured if the insured person gives birth to a baby that has any of the the following congenital diseases/disorders:
- Breast Cancer
- Fallopian Tube Cancer.
- Uterine/Cervical Cancer.
- Ovarian Cancer.
- Vaginal Cancer.
- Permanent paralysis of limbs.
- Down’s syndrome.
- Congenital cyanotic heart disease:
- Tetrology of Fallot.
- Transportation of Great Vessels.
- Total anomalous pulmonary venous drainage.
- Truncus Arteriosus.
- Tricuspid Artesia.
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
- Tracheo-esophageal fistula.
- Cleft palate with or without cleft lip.
- Spina bifida.
Children’s Education Bonus
Loss of Job
- If the claim has been paid under the policy, Bajal Allianz will also pay Rs. 25,000 totally towards the education of one or both children (maximum of two).
- If the insured person loses her job within 3 months of being diagnosed, Bajaj Allianz will pay Rs. 25,000 towards loss of employment.
||Premium paid for this health insurance policy is exempt from tax under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
|Benefits of In-House claims processing
- Team consists of doctors and paramedics responsible for health underwriting and claims settlement.
- Single window assistance.
- Faster claim settlement.
- Single point of contact that’s effective and quick in resolving grievances.
- Better control over claim settlement and customer service.
- Critical illness benefit is payable only if the diagnosis meets specific criteria and the insured person survives for 30 days after initial diagnosis.
- Congenital disability benefit is payable only if the child survives for 30 days after the diagnosis.
- Insured person needs to submit a claim form and a certificate from a medical professional confirming the critical illness or congenital disability.
- Insured person must have conceived during the policy period for congenital disability claims to be honoured.
|Pre-policy medical examination criteria
- Mandatory if proposer is over 41 years of age.
- Full medical report, ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis, PAP smear test are vitally important.
- Critical illnesses for which advice was already received by a medical professional and has been claimed under an earlier policy.
- STDs caused by or associated with Human T-Cell Associated Virus type III, Lymphadinopathy Associated Virus, AIDS or any deficiency syndrome similar to it.
- Critical illnesses diagnosed within 90 days of the date the policy commences.
- Treatment traceable to pregnancy, childbirth or postpartum complications. This does not apply to the congenital disabilities benefit provision of the policy.
- Occupational diseases.
- War, natural disasters.
- Intentional self-injury.
- Drug and / or alcohol abuse.
- Radioactive contamination.
Cleft palate with or without cleft lip – cleft lip alone is excluded.
Spina bifida occulta is excluded.
Bajaj Allianz’s Women Specific Critical Illness insurance plan has been designed to make sure that even if the worst comes to pass, you will be covered for your specific critical illness. Your finances will be taken care of professionally and the in-house service desk makes claim processing far easier. Your child’s education also will be funded up to Rs. 25,000 and you are eligible for another pay out of the same amount should you lose your job due to your critical illness.
*Disclaimer: Please chose your policy wisely after careful consideration of all policy documents and literature therein. Diligent examination and scrutiny of terms and conditions, exclusions (if any) and conditions on premium payments is strongly advised. This article is purely informational and is not designed to influence your decision in any way.
Find cashless network hospitals nearby: BAJAJ Allianz Health Insurance Network Hospitals
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.