This health insurance plan provides coverage for daily cash in case you are hospitalised due to accident or illness.
Features & Benefits - Apollo Munich Optima Cash:
||5 years- 65 years.
A dependent child is covered from the 91st day if one of the parent is covered under this policy.
||1 or 2 years.
- Lifelong renewability.
- 30 day grace period is provided for renewing the policy.
- Renewal premium is subject to change with approval from IRDA, this change will be intimidated 3 months in advance to the policy holder.
- Waiting period gets reduced by one year on the continuous renewal of Optima policy.
- Individual and their family members are eligible for the cover. Family members include their spouse, dependent children, dependent parents, parents-in-law, grandparents and grandchildren.
- A 10% family discount is applicable if 2 members of the family are covered.
||Daily Cash plan of Rs.1000, Rs.2000 and Rs.3000.
- Sickness Hospital Cash covers the daily cash amount flow for up to 90 days per policy year.
- Sickness ICU Cash is twice the daily cash given to the insured admitted in ICU for a maximum of 15 days per policy year.
- Accident Hospital Cash covers daily cash if the insured is hospitalised due to an accident for up to 90 days per policy year.
- Accident ICU Cash is twice the daily cash amount provided to the insured who is admitted in the ICU due to accident for a maximum of up to 15 days per policy year.
- Day Care Procedure Cash covers 50% of the daily cash amount if the insurer is going through any of the 10 identified procedure that does not require the insured to be hospitalised. A maximum of up to 6 day care procedures are covered every policy year.
- Joint Hospitalisation due to an accident covers twice the daily cash to the two or more insured persons who are simultaneously hospitalised due to an accident. Coverage is for a maximum of 10 days per policy year.
- Convalescence Cash is a lump sum amount paid to the insured if he is hospitalised beyond 7 continuous days. This is covered once per policy year.
- Child birth benefit is covered under platinum plan it provides a lump sum amount twice the amount of Sickness Daily Cash for maternity for female insured. It is payable twice during the life time.
- Parent Accommodation is given in case the insured child who is aged 12 years or less is hospitalised for more than 72 hours. Coverage is for a maximum of 30 days per policy year.
- Policy holder can obtain cashless service. They need get a pre-authorization for the planned admissions. It needs to be obtained 48 hours prior to the admission. Any emergency admission should be notified within 24 hours.
- Sum insured can be enhanced at the time of renewal provided that there was no claim lodged and paid.
- On renewal, the policy holder can shift from other company’s health insurance to Apollo Munich.
||Policy holder can avail tax benefits for the premium amount paid under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- Treatments within the first 30 days are not covered except accidental injury.
- Pre-existing conditions will be covered after the 4 year waiting period.
- There is a 2 year waiting period for cataract, hernia, joint replacement surgery, surgery of hydrocele etc. to be covered.
- Expenses rising from AIDS and HIV related diseases are excluded.
- Insanity, cosmetic surgery, congenital diseases and weight control treatments are not covered.
- Abuse of drugs and alcohol and the expenses incurred from them are not covered.
- The policy excludes coverage on hospitalization due to war or act of war.
- Pregnancy, dental treatment, external aids and appliances are not covered unless specified in the policy.
- Items of personal comfort and convenience is excluded from this policy.
- Treatment through experimental and unproven treatment devices are not covered.
Apollo Munich provides and Discounts as well, through which the insured can avail help in primary consultation, health-related counselling, health information, nutrition and diet etc.
Disclaimer: Please read and check the details of the policy to see if it meets all your requirements.
Other Health Insurance Plans from Apollo Munich
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.