The Activ Health Enhanced plan is a premium variant of the Activ Health plan offered by private insurer Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Ltd. Under the Activ Health plan, the starting variant is called as the Activ Health Essential Plan which offers a limited coverage of up to Rs.10 lakh. The Active Health Enhanced plan, as the name suggests, provides an enhanced coverage on the benefits offered by the low variant. Offering a coverage of up to Rs.2 crore, the Active Health Enhanced plan has a reduced waiting period of 3 years instead of the regular 4 years period, for pre-existing ailments.
Unlike most health plans that only offer coverage for sickness and accidents, the Activ Health plan focuses on your well-being and rewards you for being healthy. Depending on your fitness activity level, you will earn rewards in the form of cashback incentives which can be leveraged to cover for expenses that are not included in your health policy. The amount earned as cashback can also be used to pay renewal premiums.
How Can You Earn Reward Points Under the Activ Health Enhanced Plan?
Staying fit is a reward that we give to our body but don’t we love it when someone rewards us for being fit? The Active Health Enhanced plan by Aditya Birla does just that, it rewards you for staying fit by giving cashback benefits. These benefits are termed as ‘Health Returns’ and is intended to boost your fitness behaviour. The more active you are, the better chances of you having a ‘healthy heart score’ and the higher will be your cashback. Based on your fitness activity, you will be categorised into red, amber or green. A green rating can fetch you a cashback of up to 30% of the premium per year. To be eligible for a green rating, an individual should be active for more than 13 days in a month. The cashback amount is credited to the health account of the policyholder each month.
To be eligible for the rewards, individuals are required to take a medical checkup after 90 days of purchasing the policy. The checkup will include tests like blood sugar, blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), cholesterol, and smoking status. The expenses of the tests will be funded by Aditya Birla and the tests serve to assess the health status of the policyholder.
The activity levels of the insured are tracked through an app that needs to be connected to a device or a wearable. The app will track various activities like heartbeat rate, the number of steps walked, etc. Activities in the gym will be tracked when the user ‘checks in’ at the gyms that are partnered with Aditya Birla. The coverage network of partner gyms is broad with more than 50 cities under it. To track the activity level for yoga and swimming centres, a fitness checkup is conducted every 6 months and the activity level remains valid for the next 6 months.
The cashback amount received as rewards can be used even after a policyholder ports or opts out of the health insurance plan. The amount in the health account has no connection with the claims and hence, its benefits can be reaped even after making a claim.
Features and Benefits of the Activ Health Enhanced Plan:
As stated above, the Active Health Enhanced plan provides a comprehensive health cover up to a limit of Rs.2 crore on the insured sum and have no co-payment or sub-limits. The plan is meant for enhanced coverage over its entry variant (Activ Health Essential) and boasts of the below features:
- Chronic diseases like hypertension, diabetes, asthma, and high cholesterol have no waiting period and are covered from day one of the policy purchase date.
- On hospitalisation, the policyholder can choose from a category of rooms, either shared or private.
- Pre and post-hospitalisation costs are covered for 60 days and 180 days, respectively.
- Expenses for day care treatments like dialysis and domiciliary hospitalisation are covered under this plan.
- For transportation of the patient to network hospitals, road ambulance cover as per standards and for non-network hospitals, a cover of a maximum of Rs.5,000 will be provided.
- Expenses incurred for organ transplantation, including the cost of harvesting the organ is borne by the insurer.
- An additional sum arising out of unpredicted illness will also be covered under the Active Health Enhanced plan.
- For every claim-free year, the policyholder will enjoy an increased insured sum of 20%.
- Depending on the life stage of the insured individual, an adult is entitled to a free health checkup every year.
- If the policyholder is required to stay in the hospital for a longer period, the ancillary expenses like attendant charges, to and fro travel from the hospital, will be provided as a lump sum amount.
- In case the policyholder faces a medical emergency outside India, emergency assistance services will be provided and these services will be available worldwide.
- A chronic management program is available for patients suffering from illnesses like high cholesterol, diabetes, hypertension, and asthma. The program includes consultation with physician, pharmacy benefits, and diagnostic tests.
- A wellness expert-cum-coach will be designated to a policyholder to ensure that the policyholder meets his/her fitness goals.
- To avail significant discounts in the premium amount, individuals have the deductible option of Rs.25,000, Rs.50,000, Rs.1 lakh, Rs.2 lakh, Rs.3 lakh, Rs.4 lakh, and Rs.5 lakh.
- As mentioned above, rewards in the form of cashback incentives can be earned by staying fit.
- Daily cash allowance of up to Rs.5,000 will be provided depending on the policyholder’s hospital needs.
The Activ Health Enhanced plan is ideal for you if you’re looking for a comprehensive health plan that at the same time, will also reward you for being healthy.