Aditya Birla Health, a joint venture between Aditya Birla Group and MMI Holding Ltd. strives to create a wellness ecosystem by offering innovative health insurance products. To drive this effort, it has launched a health insurance plan called as the ‘Activ Secure Health Plan’. The plan falls under the retail fixed benefit product category and was designed with an objective of safeguarding individuals from unpredicted medical calamities. The Activ Secure Health plan comes in 4 variants - Personal Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer Secure, and Hospital Cash.
All the 4 variants of the Activ Secure Health plan not only safeguard individuals against medical exigencies but also motivates individuals to stay physically fit by rewarding policyholders with cashback incentives. Let’s take a look at the individual features and benefits offered by each of the variants of Activ Secure Health plan.
Activ Secure Personal Accident:
- In case of death of the policyholder due to an accident, the nominated beneficiary will receive 100% of the sum insured.
- If the policyholder is rendered permanent total disablement owing to an accident, he/she is entitled to receive 100% of the sum insured. In case of permanent partial disablement, the amount will depend on the nature of the disability.
- If the policyholder is survived by a dependent child, a lump sum amount of 10% of sum insured will be paid upon the death of the policyholder.
- Up to Rs.10,000 can be availed for emergency road ambulance services.
- For funeral and cremation expenses, 1% of the sum insured which can go up to Rs.50,000, will be provided.
- A cover of Rs.50,000 will be given for transportation of mortal remains from the death place to the cremation ground or residence of the deceased policyholder.
- In the event of death of the parents, the dependent children will receive 10% of the sum insured and the amount can go up to Rs.15 lakh.
- Modification benefit of up to Rs.1 lakh will be given towards residence/vehicle improvements in case the policyholder is rendered physically disabled.
- Relatives who wish to visit the policyholder during their time of hospitalisation can get their travel expenses reimbursed. For domestic travel, the maximum amount is Rs.10,000 while for international travel, the maximum amount is Rs.25,000.
- For every policy year where no claims have been made, the policyholder is eligible for a 5% bonus on the insured sum and the maximum amount can go up to 50% of the sum insured.
- Some optional covers that can be availed under the Activ Secure Health Personal Accident plan are - adventure sports cover, broken bones benefit, coma benefit, burn benefit, temporary total disablement, worldwide emergency assistance services, etc.
Activ Secure Critical Illness:
- There are 3 plans under this health plan that offers cover for 20, 50 or 64 illnesses.
- Plan 1 offers protection against 20 critical illnesses and the policyholder will be eligible for 100% payout on diagnosis.
- 50 critical illnesses are covered under plan 2 and the policyholder is entitled to 100% payout on diagnosis.
- In plan 3, coverage is offered for 64 critical illnesses and if the insured person has opted for a cover for more than one critical illness, he/she is eligible for a maximum payout of 150% of the sum assured.
- Optional covers include second opinion from medical practitioners and wellness coach.
Activ Secure Cancer Secure:
- Offers protection for all stages of cancer - early, major, and advanced.
- In case the policyholder is affected by the advanced stage of cancer, he/she is entitled to receive a compensation of up to 150% of the sum insured.
- Early stage of cancer is eligible to receive 50% of the sum insured while major stage of cancer will receive 100% of the sum insured.
- The option of second opinion is also available for the policyholder.
- Cumulative bonus of 10% can be earned for every claim-free year.
- To help the policyholder recover, a wellness coach can be provided.
Activ Secure Hospital Cash:
- Provides protection for indirect hospital expenses like to and fro travel to hospital, attendant charges, post-discharge expenses, etc.
- Irrespective of the hospital bill, a daily cash allowance will be given for hospital-related expenses.
- The daily cash allowance can range from Rs.500 to Rs.10,000.
- In case the policyholder is admitted to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), the daily cash allowance will double and is payable for 10 days per year.
- If the insured is below 12 years of age and needs hospitalisation for more than 72 hours, the same daily cash benefit will be applicable.
All the above 4 variants of the Activ Secure Health plan are meant to provide financial cover in times of medical distress caused by accidents, cancer or critical illness while also ensuring the overall wellness of individuals.