To lend a helping hand to the people diagnosed with cancer, Aditya Birla Health Insurance (ABHI) has launched a health insurance plan called as the Activ Secure-Cancer Secure plan. This unique offering will offer protection against all stages of cancer - early, major, and advanced. What makes this plan from Aditya Birla Health different is the option of availing coaching for sustaining a healthy behavior through a wellness coach. The wellness coach will encourage and guide policyholders to achieve an active healthy state and maintain it. The coaching is available in areas of nutrition, fitness, weight management, and tobacco cessation. An online chat service on app and website, and a call-back service are put in place to deliver the wellness coaching facility to policyholders.
Features and Benefits of the Activ Secure-Cancer Secure Plan:
- This plan features a low survival period requirement of 7 days which means that after the first diagnosis of cancer, the policyholder should survive 7 days to avail the benefit.
- All the three stages of cancer - early, major, and advanced are covered under the Activ Secure-Cancer Secure plan.
- If the policyholder is diagnosed at the early stage of cancer, he/she is eligible to receive 50% of the insured sum as a payout. The cover will not terminate after the payout.
- For individuals diagnosed with cancer at a major stage, 100% of the sum insured will be paid and after the payout, the cover will be terminated.
- In case the policyholder is diagnosed with cancer at an advanced stage, he/she is entitled to receive 150% of the sum insured as a payout. After the claim has been processed, the policy cover will terminate.
- If within 48 hours, more than one cancer condition has been detected in the insured person, only one claim with the highest payout benefit will be considered.
- A cumulative bonus of 10% on the sum insured can be enjoyed if there are no claims made during a policy year. The maximum bonus that can be earned is 100% of the sum insured. To be eligible for the cumulative cancer bonus, the policy has to be renewed before the grace period ends.
- The premiums paid towards the Activ Secure-Cancer Secure plan are eligible for tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- For severe cases of cancer, individuals have the option of availing a second opinion from a team of medical practitioners. The team will provide the second opinion based solely on the information and documentation furnished by the policyholder.
Did you know that cancer causes around 0.3 million deaths in India every year and is the second most common disease responsible for the number of deaths? In the year 2014, around 11.2 lakh new cancer cases were reported in India causing more than 4.91 lakh deaths with oral cancer being the most common reason behind the deaths. The high number of deaths is attributed to the low awareness, unavailability of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the disease. The major reason, however, is the unaffordability of treatments. Cancer treatments are expensive and a majority of people cannot afford it but even for people who can, they would end up draining a large chunk of their savings. The Activ Secure-Cancer Secure health insurance plan has been thoughtfully designed to provide financial relief to individuals when diagnosed with cancer of a specified severity. Instead of having to worry about the medical expenses, the policyholder can focus on his/her recovery when affected by cancer.