The Niva Bupa Health Premia is a comprehensive health insurance plan to suit your family’s lifestyle at an affordable premium rate. The policy comes will multiple health insurance benefits and quality service in times of need.
Features & Benefits of Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance:
- Accident cover: The policy comes with personal accident cover that secures your family’s needs in case of mishap.
- International cover: The policy covers treatment expenses in Canada & USA.
- Hospital cash:In case of hospitalisation for more than 48 hours, the policy covers hospital cash.
- Loyalty additions: The insurance sum increases by 20% p.a. (maximum up to 200% of expiring amount), irrespective of your claim history.
- Critical illness cover: The policy covers illnesses like kidney failure, cancer, etc., based on the insurance amount.
- Premium waived: The policy gives free extension for one year if the policy holder (who is also an insured) is diagnosed with a specific illness or passes away.
- New age treatment cover: The policy covers treatments like robotics surgery, laser surgery, etc.
- Maternity cover:The policy covers up to two deliveries for both, the policy holder as well as the spouse for two consequent years.
- Policy refill: The policy holder gets an additional ssum insured equal to the base sum insured for a subsequent claim in the same year, if the base sum insured plus loyalty additions are exhausted.
Eligibility criteria for Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance:
Inclusions of Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance:
Following are the inclusions of Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance:
- In-patient Care: The policy covers the medical expenses post hospitalisation for all the insured members.
- Hospital Accommodation: The policy covers room rent up to the base sum insured except for suite and above categories.
- Pre and Post Hospitalisation Expenses: The policy covers medical expenses incurred 90 days before getting admitted to the hospital and 180 days after getting discharged from the hospital.
- Day Care Treatment: The policy covers day care treatment expenses.
- Medical check-ups: The policy covers medical treatments taken at home in absence of hospital bed.
- Emergency ambulance: The policy covers ambulance charges once the in-patient claims are approved in case of emergency.
- Transplants: The policy covers expenses incurred in case of organ transplant.
- Ayurveda Treatments: The policy covers expenses incurred for Ayurveda, Unani, Homeopathy, and Unani treatments.
- OPD treatments: The policy covers expenses incurred on OPD treatments.
Exclusions of Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance:
Following are the exclusions of Niva Bupa Arogya Sanjeevani policy:
- The policy does not include expenses incurred on hospital admission for diagnostic reasons.
- The policy does not include weight control treatments that does meet the below mentioned criteria:
- The patient is above 18 years of age.
- The surgery is within clinical protocols and is performed on doctor’s advice.
- The Body Mass Index (BMI) of the patient is greater than or equal to 40.
- In case of severe co-morbidities along with failure of less invasive methods of weight loss, the BMI should be greater than or equal to 35.
- The surgery is performed under doctor’s supervision.
Waiting period for Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance:
- The waiting period for pre-existing diseases is 24 months since the policy inception and continuous policy renewal.
- The waiting period for pre-existing critical diseases is 48 months along with survival period exclusion of 30 days.
- The initial waiting period is of 30 days unless it is an accident case.
- The waiting period for HIV/AIDS is 48 months since inception, subject to continuous renewal.
- The waiting period for Bariatric surgery, mental disorder treatment, and laser surgery has a waiting period of 36 months.
FAQs for Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance:
- What is the minimum and maximum duration for Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance?
- How much is the loyalty addition in Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance?
- What are the modes for claim settlement in Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance?
- Are there any tax benefits on the premium paid for Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance?
You have the option of buying a health insurance policy for a period of one year or two years.
The insurance sum increases 10% of the base sum every year up to 100%, irrespective of your claim history.
You can either choose cashless treatment at a network hospital or avail reimbursement of the medical expenses.
Yes, you can avail the tax benefits on the Niva Bupa Health Premia Health Insurance under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961. You can avail a tax deduction of Rs. 15,000 every year from the taxable income on health insurance premium for spouse, dependent children or self. The senior citizens can avail a tax deduction of Rs. 20,000.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: Premiums may vary depending upon factors like age, location and prevailing taxes/GST.
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.