Group health insurance is a type of health insurance which provides coverage to a group of people working together in an organisation. The employer in this case takes care of the payment of premium. Under a group health insurance plan, an employee can avail it to meet the cost of treatment not only on an individual level but also for their family members. The price of a group health insurance is low as compared to an individual health insurance policy.
You can visit the Digit’s official website to apply for a group health insurance policy.
Key details related to Digit Group Health Insurance
|Claim settlement ratio||99.37%|
|Copayment||Age based copayment not offered|
|Premium||Starting from Rs.1,500 per member|
|Cashless hospitals||Over 5,000+ network hospitals all over India|
|Point of contact||Single point of contact|
|Treatment of Covid-19||Covered under the plan and also offered as a separate group cover|
Benefits of Digit Group Health Insurance Policy
- When you as an employer avail a group health insurance policy, it gives your employees an assurance that they are secured financially and that you care about them.
- A group health insurance policy can help your employees meet the cost of treatment of Covid-19 or any other pandemic or virus.
- As group health insurance offers a sense of security, this in turn motivates your employees to work harder as they are likely to feel safe and satisfied.
- Lifestyle related diseases cause 61% of the hospitalisation and death in India. The cost of treatment of such illnesses can be expensive. However, a group health insurance policy covers such expenses allowing a person to get treated without delay.
- Having a group health insurance means that your employees will feel less financial pressure which in turn will also enhance their mental wellbeing.
Features of Digit Group Health Insurance Policy
- You can avail a group health insurance plan online by visiting the Digit’s official website. The whole process is simple and hassle-free.
- A group health insurance plan will cover the cost of treatment for Covid-19 and any other virus or pandemic.
- The premiums payable is very low.
- You can opt for a cashless claim option, which means regardless of wherever they are in India, they will be provided cover as per the policy.
- You will be offered a lump-sum amount as post-hospitalisation benefit. This will help you take care of your post-hospitalisation expenses.
- You or your employees can choose to get the sum insured refilled in case it gets exhausted any number of times for any medical conditon.
- You can choose from over 5,000+ network hospitals to get you or your family members treated for any illness or injury.
- You will not be required to get in touch with any third party in case of any query. You can contact Digit Insurance directly who will help you with your issue.
- Regardless of the number of members in a team, Digit Insurance offers group health insurance to companies of all sizes.
What is covered under Digit Group Health Insurance
- Accidental Hospitalisation
- Treatment for Covid-19
- If you or any member of your family are hospitalised due to any illness
- Treatment of critical illness
- Treatment of any mental illness or disorder is covered.
- Daily hospital cash cover offered to allow you to meet your other daily expenses
- Maternity benefits with cover for a newborn baby
- AYUSH treatment, expenses related to organ donation, etc. are covered under the policy
Exclusions under Digit Group Health Insurance
Given below is the list of exclusions under Digit Group Health Insurance:
- Pre-existing disease will not be covered unless the waiting period is over
- If you are opting only for Covid-19 cover, you will be provided coverage only if you or any member of your family test positive from an authorised government testing center
- Pre-natal and post-natal expenses
- If you get yourself hospitalised without doctor’s recommendation
- If you file a claim before the waiting period is over
Types of claims available
There are two types of claims:
You can opt for reimbursement by submitting all the medical bills, relevant documents, and other expenses paid out of your own pocket to the insurance company. Those bills will be verified by the insurer and if the details are correct, the said amount will be reimbursed to you.Cashless claim:
Select any one of the 5,000+ network hospitals to get yourself or your family member treated. On visiting the hospital, display your e-health card, following which you will be asked to fill the cashless request form. Once the form has been filled, submit it following which it will be verified. If all the documents and details mentioned are correct, the policy will cover the cost of treatment. You can also opt for 50% Advanced Cash Benefit on submitting the estimated medical bills.
In case of any query, you can call on the number 1800-258-4242 or send an email to email@example.com.
Who should avail a Group Health Insurance Plan from Digit
- Startups and small companies
- Growing startups and medium size companies
- Established startups and large companies
How is the premium for group health insurance calculated?
Premium payable will depend on factors such as the number of members required to be covered, their age, number of dependents, age, etc.
My company has only 10 members. Can I avail a group health insurance plan from Digit?
Yes, you can avail a group health insurance from Digit if you have 10 members in your team.
What is the initial waiting period under a group health insurance plan?
The initial waiting period is for only 15 days. However, if you have a team with 50 members or more, than the waiting period can be waived off.