Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY) is a scheme which has been launched by the Arunachal Pradesh government with the main objective of providing financial support to the poor tribal population of the state. The CMAAY is an insurance policy which offers cashless treatment to the socially or economically backward people of the state. The main aim of the government is to assist the people and help them with healthcare facilities by the end of 2020 through this scheme.
The scheme has been launched by the present Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu. It was announced in the month of July this year. The Health and Family Welfare Department is responsible for the supervision of the scheme. The Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY) has replaced the erstwhile Chief Minister’s Universal Health Insurance Scheme.
Main Features of the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY):
The main features of the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY) can be listed as follows:
- Development in the medical sector: The CMAAY will help the state authority to extend their help towards the financially backward people in the state and take care of the expenses related to health. The scheme will also encourage the empanelled hospitals to offer better healthcare support.
- Cashless treatment: The Arunachal Pradesh government plans to offer free treatment through this health insurance scheme to the applicants who are eligible for it. Under the scheme, an individual will not be required to pay for his/her treatment. It will be covered by the state government.
- Reduction of financial burden: The health insurance scheme is designed with the aim of providing financial backup to the poor and tribal communities of the state. This cuts down the burden of paying high medical bills.
- Empanelled hospitals under the scheme: The cashless treatment facility will be available only at the empanelled hospitals that are enlisted under the CMAAY.
- The amount offered by the state: Under the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY), each family gets as much as Rs.5 lakh per year if they are registered under the scheme. Applicants will receive Rs.1 lakh for secondary treatment and Rs.4 lakh for tertiary treatment.
- Category of treatment: The applicants will receive the benefits of the scheme only for the treatments which fall under the secondary and tertiary category.
- Medical treatments covered under the scheme: As of now, there are 23 different treatment procedures which are covered under the scheme and for which the applicants can avail the cashless treatment.
- Hospitals which are allowed to enrol under the scheme: The scheme allows all kinds of hospitals to enrol themselves under the CMAAY. In addition to government hospitals, trust hospitals, private hospitals, and semi-private hospitals, charitable medical organisations are also eligible to be enrolled under the scheme.
Eligibility criteria for applying for the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY):
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Residential status: The applicants should be a legal resident of the state of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Tribal communities: The tribal communities which are under the jurisdiction of Arunachal Pradesh and are enrolled under Arunachal Pradesh Scheduled Tribe (APST) will be eligible to receive direct benefits of the scheme.
- Government employees: The benefits of the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY) will be extended towards the state government employees of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Backward communities that do not belong to the tribal community: Non-tribal communities who are the residents of Changlang, Lohit, and Namsai will also be allowed to enrol themselves under the scheme.
- Dependents of government servants: The benefits of the health insurance scheme will be extended to other members as well in case they are dependent on the government employee.
List of treatments that are covered under the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY):
The following treatments are covered under the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY):
- Cardio-thoracic Surgery
- Cardio-Vascular Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Burns Management
- Plastic and Reconstructive
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- General Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Treatment package for mental illness
- Emergency treatment packages (medical care for less than 12 hours)
- Paediatrics Cancer
- Medical Packages
- Interventional Neuro-Radiology
- Paediatrics Medical Management
Documents required for applying for the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY):
The following documents will be required for the application process of the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY):
- Residential proof: This is one of the most important documents for the application process. As the scheme is based on the geographic location, i.e. it is specific to the people of Arunachal Pradesh only, it is important to provide the residential proof of the applicant.
- Ration Card: The ration card details of the applicant are to be submitted at the time of applying for the scheme.
- Aadhar Card: While applying for the scheme, it is necessary to provide the Aadhar card details of the applicant. In addition to the Aadhar details of the main policyholder, the Aadhar of the other members of the family is also required to be provided as a proof of relationship with the main policyholder.
- ID cards issued by the government: If the applicant of the scheme is a government employee, he/she will be required to produce his/her government ID card as a reference to the department that he/she is working for.
- Tribal Certificate: This certificate has to be provided by the applicants who are enrolled under the Arunachal Pradesh Schedule Tribe (APST). The tribal certificate issued by the state government acts as a proof of their enrolment in this case.
- Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate: New members might be added to the family which is enrolled under the scheme. The new member might be a newly-wed person or a new-born child. In case of a new-born child, the legal birth certificate of the child is required to be provided and in case of a newly-wed person, the registration papers of the marriage have to be provided as a proof.
How to apply for the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY)?
An applicant who is willing to apply for the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY) can follow the following steps to enrol themselves under the health insurance scheme:
- Visit the official website of the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY) at www.cmaay.com.
- There are 4 different boxes at the bottom of the homepage. These boxes are: ‘Empanelment’, ‘Enrollment’, ‘Other Links’, and ‘Feedback and Grievances’.
- Under the ‘Enrollment’ option there are 3 sub-heads: ‘How to Enroll’, ‘Check (Search Using Beneficiary Identification Software-Bis)’, and ‘Enroll’.
- Under the ‘Enroll’ option, the user can click on the ‘Apply’ option and proceed towards the enrolment process.
- On clicking the ‘Apply’ option, the user will be redirected to a new page which provides the field to select whether the applicant is a ‘Government Employee’ or ‘Public’.
- On selecting the option that the applicant is eligible for, the user will be redirected to a new web page wherein he/she will be required to fill in the details pertaining to his/her documents. This page has fields which are to be filled with basic details as well, such as name, date of birth, gender, father or husband’s name, mobile no., ration card no., residential certificate no., permanent address, PIN code, and so on.
- In the case of a government employee, the government ID details are also required to be produced.
- Once the form is filled up and verified, the user can process the form by clicking on the ‘Save’ option.
- Once the enrolment form is processed, the applicant can check the status of his/her enrolment on the official website itself at www.cmaay.com/CheckStatus.aspx.
- In this page, the user can make a search by filling the District field and the URN or Aadhar number that has been used for the process of enrolment.