Founded in 1937, Toyota Motor Corporation was recognized in 2014 as the eleventh-largest company in the world by revenue. In 2012, this Japanese brand also became the largest automobile manufacturer by production. Employing more than 338,875 people, the brand has manufacturing companies in 28 countries and regions. Further, Toyota sells its vehicles in more than 170 countries and regions.
The Kirloskar Group has had a hand to play in the industrialisation of India for over a century. The company’s attempts to innovate has brought India its first iron plough, and it strives to keep the spirit even today. 1997 marked the ambitious beginning of a relationship with Toyota Motor Corporation. Toyota aims for only the best in quality, systems and processes. It also creates more employment opportunities in India as well as more investments.
The quality of cars that Toyota produces cannot be regarded as anything but the best. They offer Indian citizens everything from mid-range cars such as (Toyota Vios) to luxury cars such as (the Toyota Land Cruiser). Whichever car that you pick, remember that you must protect yourself from the financial damage that may occur due to various factors once you take it out of the showroom. This is where car insurance can be a Godsend. Insuring your car can save you a lot of trouble and money, but how will pick one from all the available ones in the market? Research! It is most important to familiarize yourself with all the available Car Insurance out there before comparing them and picking the one that suits your needs and budget best. You will need the most up to date information because offers and discounts keep changing.
Why Insure Your Toyota Car?
- Other than the fact that it is illegal to drive a car in India without a basic, valid car insurance, getting one is just the smart thing to do.
- You can opt for a personal accident cover for passengers and third party legal liability.
- A Comprehensive Car Insurance policy will ensure that your car will be financially protected from any loss or damage which may happen to it in the period of your ownership such as:
- Natural Calamities: explosion, Fire, self-ignition, rockslide, hailstorm, inundation, flood, lightning, earthquake, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, cyclone, frost, landslide etc.
- Man-made Calamities: Burglary, terrorist activity, malicious act, theft, riot, strike, and accident by external means as well as any damage caused to your vehicle while in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air. Road side assistance:
- If you are in a sticky situation with your car, a breakdown or flat tyre perhaps, you can use the service of road side assistance to simply call and receive help from the nearest network garage.
- Cash less settlement at all network garages:
- Your car has broken down in the middle of a highway? You don’t have enough money to pay for the repair services? These are exactly the situations where you need this coverage. You will get cashless repairing service if it is done from any of the network garages.
- Engine protection coverage:
- It covers damages or leakages caused to the engine of the car due to an accident. This coverage, however, is not available for all Toyota cars.
- Third party liability coverage:
- This gives coverage in case of an accident or collision, where injury or death has occurred to another person or property and you are responsible for the situation.
- Personal accident coverage(Driver and owner):
- This gives you financial coverage in case of any injury caused to the owner or driver.
Discounts on Toyota Car Insurance
- Professional Discount: You can find insurance carriers who give discounts on the car insurance premium to people working in certain professions.
- Safe Driver/ No Accident Discount/ No Claim Bonus: You can get a discount on the insurance premium when you renew your policy for the following year if you have not had any accidents and thus made no claims.
Toyota Car Insurance Partners
The following are some of the insurance companies that offer car insurance for Toyota:
- Bajaj Allianz
- Bharti Axa
- HDFC Ergo
- Iffco Tokio
Toyota Car Models Available in India
|Toyota Etios Liva||Petrol versions: 1197cc |
Diesel versions: 1364cc
|Rs. 5 - 7.21 lakh|
|Toyota Etios||Petrol versions: 1197cc |
Diesel versions: 1364cc
|Rs. 6.11 - 8.93 lakh|
|Toyota Etios Cross||Petrol versions: 1197cc |
Diesel versions: 1364cc
|Rs. 6.23 - 7.72 lakh|
|Toyota Innova||Diesel versions: 2494cc||Rs. 12.49 - 16.02 lakh|
|Toyota Corolla Altis||Petrol versions: 1798cc |
Diesel versions: 1364cc
|Rs. 13.55 - 18.22 lakh|
|Toyota Fortuner||Diesel versions: 2982cc and 2494cc||Rs. 24.17 - 27.02 lakh|
|Toyota Camry||Petrol versions: 2494cc||Rs. 28.80 - 31.92 lakh|
|Toyota Prius||Petrol versions: 1798cc||Rs. 38.10 - 39.80 lakh|
|Toyota Land Cruiser Prado||Diesel versions: 2982cc||Rs. 88.81 lakh|
|Toyota Land Cruiser||Diesel versions: 4461cc||Rs. 1.29 crore|
News About Toyota Car Insurance
A pact between Toyota and Suzuki likely as work with Daihatsu begins
Toyota has already made headlines when they joined hands with Japan’s oldest car manufacturers Daihatsu in a bid to roll out compact cars under their alliance to penetrate into the working class of communities around the world. With Maruti-Suzuki already establishing themselves as the kings of small-cars in India, having a credibility like no other car manufacturer in the country, it’s most likely that Toyota’s next step will be to form an alliance with the small-car giants. Just last week Toyota announced that they will be sharing R&D with Suzuki, launching speculations that Toyota is all set to join hands with Suzuki to make an impact in the small-car market. Though these are speculations, experts feel that this is the way forward for Toyota and they’re most likely going to make an announcement of a pact sooner than one would expect.
27th December 2016
Smaller Cars to Help Toyota Grow its Indian Automobile Market Share.
Toyota is looking to improve its market share in India through its smaller segment cars in 2016. Since Indians have always prefered smaller cars, Toyota is targeting this segment to strengthen its foothold amongst competitors. As a first step, Toyota will be completely revamping the Etios car models. Toyota will be acquiring Daihatsu by mid 2016, which will eventually help the car manufacturer to grow its portfolio of small cars, thereby increasing its market share. With more and more cars on the road, the safest option for any car owner is to procure a motor insurance policy for his vehicle and stay protected against damages or losses.
4th April 2016
Toyota to Introduce Daihatsu to India
Toyota has a stake of 51.2% presently in the Japanese car company Daihatsu. By next year, Toyota will fully acquire the company which banks heavily on small cars. This move will enable Toyota to become more competitive globally. For both companies, the acquisition will allow them to pool in their resources and take full advantage of each other’s strengths as a single entity. As per Toyota’s plans, they should be able to bring the Daihatsu brand to India by 2018-19. It will mark their entry into the small car segment of the Indian market and will compete with brands like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai and Tata Motors.
Daihatsu offers cars such as the Ayla, Bee, Copen, Cuore and Mira but it is unsure which cars will make it to the Indian market. Car insurance companies will have a larger market to cater to with the entry of Datsun by Nissan-Renault, Kia by Hyundai and Daihatsu by Toyota.
27th March 2016