Bajaj Allianz offers a hassle-free and customer friendly claim settlement process. The insurance provider provides a dedicated customer service helpdesk which makes the entire claims process uncomplicated. The customer care can be contacted through the Toll free number to register a claim. Once this is done, the policy holder will receive frequent status updates on the claims procedure, through SMS.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Claim
The Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance claims process can be completed in 3 easy steps, which are as follows:
Register the Claim
Once an incident involving the insured car has occurred, immediately call the Bajaj Allianz customer care and register the claim using the Toll Free Number 1800-209-5858. After the claim has been registered, you will receive a Claim Reference Number which you have to know for future reference.
If the insured vehicle has been stolen, then the policy holder should immediately report the same to the police and register a complaint in writing and then inform the insurance provider by calling the dedicated customer service helpdesk.
If the car is not recovered within ninety days, then get a Non-traceable Report from the police station and submit the same to the insurance company. Once this is done, the claims process will be initiated by the company.
Send the Car for Repair
If there has been an accident involving the insured car, the car should be taken/ towed to the nearest garage. Once the vehicle reaches the garage, the company appointed Surveyor will inspect the car and after this assessment he/she will give an approval.
Survey and Claim Settlement
For the final claim settlement, necessary documents have to be submitted to the dealer/ garage along with the originals to verify the same. The originals will then be returned to the policy holder.
Documentation for Accident Claims
- Insurance proof in the form of Cover Note or policy number.
- A copy of the RC Book along with tax receipt. The original has to be submitted for verification purposes.
- A copy of the Driving License of the individual driving the vehicle during the time of the incident. The original has to be submitted for verification purposes.
- The FIR filed at the police station
- An estimate of the cost of repairs to be provided by the garage/ workshop that is undertaking the same.
- The receipt of payment along with the repair invoice (original). If you have opted for an authorized garage with cashless service, then only the repair invoice is required.
- The Satisfaction Voucher/ Claims Discharge should be submitted which is signed across the Revenue Stamp placed on the document.
Documentation for Theft Claims
- The original copy of .
- The RC Book and Receipt of Tax payment.
- Details of previous insurance such as number of the policy, insurance provider, duration of the policy, etc.
- The warranty card, keys to the vehicle and/or the service booklet.
- A copy of the FIR filed at the police station with theft report
- A copy of the letter addressed to the RTO office informing the theft, to mark the vehicle as “Non-Use”.
- The policy holder has to provide Form 28, Form 29 and Form 30 with his/her signature and a Form 35 which is to be signed by the financer.
- The policy holder should also submit a letter of subrogation.
- Written consent for the agreed upon amount for claim settlement.
- When the claim is settled in the favor of the policy holder, then the financer has to provide an NOC for the same.
- An updated vakalatnama.
- If any additional documents are required the same will be informed to the policy holder for submission.
Documentation for Third Party Claims
- The signed claim form from the policy holder
- A copy of the FIR filed at the police station
- A copy of the driver’s license
- A copy of the car insurance policy
- A Copy of the RC Book of the car
- If the insured car is registered under a company or firm then the stamp of the company is required on the original documents.
Once all damages to the insured vehicle is repaired at a preferred garage, the expenses incurred on the same are directly settled by the company to the garage.
Any policy excess amount will have to be borne by the insured. Such costs include salvage, depreciation value, non-accident repairs, etc. This is informed by the company appointed surveyor at the time of inspection.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is spot settlement?
In case of a minor damage or loss, the claim amount will be settled immediately through the Bajaj Allianz Mobile Settlement Service. This is called spot settlement.
How to register a claim for the Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance?
In order to register a claim you can contact the customer care at the Toll free numbers – 1800 102 5858 and 1800 22 5858 or 020-30305858 (call rates applicable).
At what time can I contact the Bajaj Allianz customer care to register a claim?
The customer helpdesk is available from 9 AM to 7 PM on weekdays and from 9 AM to 1 PM on Saturdays.
What are the other information required at the time of registering a claim after an accident?
The registration number of the other car involved in the accident, the contact details of the witnesses if available, and immediately file an FIR at a police station and inform the customer care of the same at the time of registering a claim.
What are the costs that I will have to pay for if there is a claim settlement?
The insured will have to pay for costs such as: depreciation cost, salvage value, compulsory deductibles, excess and the cost of consumables.
How will a claim affect my car insurance policy renewal?
Once a claim is filed for damages to the insured car during the policy period, the No Claim Bonus that have been accrued will be lost and will not be applicable at the time of renewal.
Where can I get the claim form from?
You can download the claim form online at the official website of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance company.
Can I take my damaged vehicle to a workshop of my choice?
Yes, you can repair your vehicle at a garage of your choice. However, the expenses will have to be paid by the insured initially. This will then be reimbursed to the insurer after the company inspects the documents and bills.
Will I get the claim settled even if the accident happened in another city than from where the policy has been issued?
Yes, the location where the accident happens is irrelevant. The policy will still cover the insured car to the extent of its terms and conditions. You can carry on with registering the claim by contacting the customer care service.
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017