It is definitely an exciting prospect, for any student to get a chance to study abroad. For a young mind, not only is it an excellent opportunity to experience a new way of life, but to also get to meet people from all over the world. However, accompanying that excitement, is a fair amount of nervousness. It isn’t uncommon to experience that flurry of unanswered questions like ‘What if I fall ill but I don’t have enough money to cover my hospitalization expenses?’, or ‘Who will I ask or call in case I need help?’ and so on and so forth.
For young students who are traveling abroad to pursue higher studies, Reliance offers the Student Travel Insurance. This special travel insurance policy has been designed specially keeping in mind the needs and challenges faced by students studying abroad. Red on to find out more about how you, as a student, can benefit from this policy.
Features & Benefits of Reliance Student Travel Insurance
- Forego paperwork hassles – No need to run around with extensive paperwork to get your insurance application approved.
- Affordable Premium – One of the notable features of this student travel insurance policy are its affordable premium rates, making it a popular choice.
- Flexibility – The Reliance Student Travel Insurance offers a choice of varied plans, each of which is customizable, to best fit the customer’s needs.
- Non-Medical Benefits – This is a unique travel insurance policy which offers coverage for only non-medical benefits.
- Multiple Premium Payment Options – This travel insurance policy presents you with 5 easy premium payment options to choose from. You can make your premium payment online, by cheque (free cheque pickup), via mobile, IVR online payment or make the payment at any Reliance branch office.
- Comprehensive Coverage – This insurance policy has been designed specially to provide all-round coverage with the inclusion of some unique facilities like sponsor protection, bail bonds, two-way flight cover for compassionate visit and study interruption.
- Varied Insurance Tenure – This policy takes into consideration the student’s course duration to map a duration required for the insurance (up to 2 years).
- No Medical Test Required - No requirement of medical test before issuing your student health policy.
- Quick Claim Settlement – With the Reliance Student Travel Insurance, you can rest assured about quick and hassle free settlement of your insurance claims.
- Ease of Online Booking – To save more time, you can now even book your student travel insurance policy online.
- Option for Policy Extension – In case your course duration is extended, you can also choose to extend your insurance policy to continue enjoying the coverage benefits. After all, it is better to be safe than sorry.
The Reliance Student Travel Insurance policy is packed with features to provide you with the maximum cover in a variety of situations.
- In case of any sudden illness, injury or death, while overseas, any emergency expenses borne will be covered under the policy.
- Any emergency expenses incurred by you towards your medical evacuation to India shall be covered by the policy.
- In the event of the unexpected or untimely passing away of the insured, the policy shall cover all expenses which have been incurred towards the insured’s burial abroad or towards transportation of the insured’s mortal remains back home.
- Policy covers expense borne towards any acute anesthetic dental treatment which has resulted from an injury.
- Any expense incurred towards an accidental bodily injury suffered during the trip overseas.
- In case the insured suffers from any permanent disability or passes away while riding as a passenger in a common carrier, the policy shall provide compensation for the same.
- In case you have lost your passport while travelling overseas, the policy shall cover you for the cost of obtaining a duplicate or a fresh passport.
- In case there occurs a total loss of your checked-in baggage while travelling abroad by a common carrier, the policy shall provide compensation for the loss.
- In case the insured is hospitalized for a duration of more than 7 days while abroad, the policy shall reimburse the cost of a return ticket fare for one visiting family member or relative.
- The policy covers the payment of bail amount to the concerned authority, in case the insured is detained or arrested by a judicial authority abroad for a bail-able offence.
- If your education is interrupted due to an unavoidable medical condition, the policy shall reimburse you for the current semester fees paid by you.
- In case the sponsor paying for your tuition fees passes away following an injury, the policy shall reimburse you for the cost of the tuition fee.
?Following is the list of things which are not covered by this policy.
- Any pre-existing medical condition, unless it is life-threatening, will not be covered under this policy.
- Any costs borne due to any of the following conditions – HIV/AIDS, drug/alcohol abuse, anxiety, stress, depression, mental disorder, self-inflicted illnesses/injuries and suicide.
- Any expenses incurred due to the following reasons – (i) Having received terminal prognosis for a medical condition; (ii) Travelling against your physician’s advice; (iii) If you are on the waiting list or currently receiving a specified medical treatment; (iv) If you are travelling abroad to receive any specified medical treatment.
- Any loss incurred due to issues arising from the theft or loss of a passport which has been left unattended or unreported to the concerned local authorities.
- In case of loss of checked-in baggage, the policy does not cover partial loss damage.
- Losses arising due to war or nuclear threat taking place in the county of visit are not covered under the policy.
This insurance policy is open to:
- Only students who are about to undertake academic courses overseas.
- Students who are at least 16 years of age and not more than 35 years of age.
- What are the documents required to obtain this travel insurance policy?
You do not require to submit any paperwork in order to obtain this travel insurance policy.
- What is the maximum duration one can take this policy for?
You may take this travel insurance policy for a maximum duration of 730 days under a single trip.
- What if my university does not accept my chosen policy?
In cases where the university does not accept your chosen insurance policy, you can easily get a refund by submitting a letter requesting cancellation of the policy. The refund will be effective from the date of request and claim confirmation.
- Is there a limit on the number of times I can extend my policy?
Beyond the maximum number of travel days which can be insured under a single trip, i.e. 730 days, you may extend the policy only once. This extension will be provided at the sole discretion of the insuring company at an additional premium but must not exceed the duration of 730 days.
- Does this policy provide cover in case of accidents which might occur while playing sports like golf, cricket, gliding, etc.?
Any medical expense arising due to an injury sustained while participating in inter-college sports is covered under medical expenses. This includes transportation of the insured and Repatriation Benefit (subject to add-on benefits and premium paid by the policy holder).
- Is loss of hand-baggage while travelling abroad covered under this policy?
No, loss of hand baggage is not covered under this policy. Only total loss of checked in baggage shall be covered.
- While travelling abroad, does the policy provide cover for any loss sustained while travelling by ship or rail?
Your policy covers you for travelling by a ‘common carrier’, which refers to any scheduled commercial ship, vessel or airline, operating under a license issued to it by a relevant authority with the purpose of transporting passengers.
- How soon am I expect my claim to be settled?
Please allow at least 15 days from the date of receipt of the complete list of claim documents, for the final settlement of the claim.