Travelling abroad is fun and exciting but only when it is not interrupted by unforeseen incidents that could potentially disrupt the schedule and burn your pockets. Imagine spraining your ankle in some foreign country - even a situation as small as this could cause serious trouble if you don't have anyone to advise you on where to go and what to do. Not only this, even with many advancements in transportation, some travel risks cannot be eliminated from the system. Events like lost baggage, loss of passport and money and terrorist attacks can strike anytime and to be prepared, you must invest in a comprehensive travel insurance scheme that will guard you against unexpected events when travelling overseas.
A trailblazer in the travel insurance industry, Reliance General Insurance offers customized plans and comprehensive coverage amongst other benefits. Reliance Overseas travel insurance policy will offer you complete peace of mind and let you enjoy your vacation without any worries.
Features and Benefits of Reliance Overseas Travel Insurance
The following advantages offered by Reliance Overseas travel insurance plan makes it one of the best options when it comes to foreign travel insurance.
- Policyholders are offered complimentary international SIM card with every policy quote.
- Affordable premium and minimal paperwork
- Customized policies to meet the requirements of different individuals ranging from single plan for entire family to travel insurance schemes for individuals.
- For customers under the age of 70, no medical check-up is necessary.
- Travel insurance plans for all destinations exclusive and inclusive of Canada and USA.
- Convenient benefits like coverage for missed flights, cashless hospitalization facility and coverages for expenses incurred due to lost passports.
Coverage Offered by Reliance Overseas Travel Insurance
Here are some of the risks that you will covered against under the Reliance Overseas travel insurance scheme.
- Emergency medical expenses incurred due to emergency medical evaluation or due to sudden illness or injury to any of your family members.
- Costs for transporting the policyholders’ mortal remains to home or towards burial abroad in the unfortunate event of death will be covered.
- Costs for acute anesthetic treatment of teeth, accidental bodily injury will be covered.
- Compensation for obtaining new passport and for permanent disability or death in case of an accident whilst a passenger is riding in a common carrier will be covered.
- If the trip is delayed for more than 12 hours because of personal employment problems, medical, natural disaster causes or airline problems, the expenses incurred will be covered.
- Expenses incurred if a trip is interrupted or cancelled or if the connecting flight is missed due to a delay of more than 3 hours will be covered.
- Loss of your checked-in baggage by a common carrier.
- If the insured is hospitalized for more than 7 days, the ticket fare will be reimbursed for a visiting family member.
- Third party compensation will be provided in case of accident, death or damage to health and property.
- If the plane is hijacked for more than 12 hours, special distress allowance will be provided.
- Insurance will be offered against burglary in your home whilst you are travelling abroad.
Read the policy wordings carefully to understand the inclusions and exclusions before applying for a policy.
- Preexisting medical conditions except for a life threatening condition is excluded.
- Expenses incurred because of conditions like anxiety, alcohol, self-inflicted injuries, HIV AIDS, venereal diseases, stress and depression.
- If you are in the waitlist for a specified treatment, given terminal prognosis for a medical condition, travelling to receive treatment abroad or if you travelling against the advice of a physician, the expenses incurred will not be covered.
- Loss or theft of passport when left unattended or unreported to local police.
- Nuclear threat or war in the country that you are travelling.
- No partial damage or loss shall be payable in case of loss of checked-in baggage.
Claims Process for Reliance Overseas Travel Insurance
The general claims process for Reliance Overseas Travel Insurance is as follows.
- Within 24 hours of occurrence of claim event, contact Reliance General Insurance through mail or toll free number.
- Call the prescribed numbers for worldwide cashless facility.
- Submit the completely filled claims form will all necessary documents to Reliance General to initiate the claims process.
Documents Required for Reliance Overseas Travel Insurance Claims
The following documents will be asked for during the claims process.
- Copy of Passport indicating travel dates with visa exit and entry stamps
- Original boarding pass
- Original bills and vouchers
- Duly filled and signed claims form
- For medical claims, consultation reports, original admission and discharge cards, diagnostic reports etc
- In case of loss or theft, police report and other supporting documents
Do enquire with Reliance General for all documents to be submitted depending on the nature of your claim and the type of incident.
- I am going on a work permit abroad. Can I buy a Reliance Overseas Travel Insurance?
No, Reliance travel insurance policy is designed for personal business trips and leisure travel only.
- How long does it usually take to settle a claim?
In case all the required documents are submitted, it usually takes not more than 15 working days for the final settlement of claim.
- Is cashless facility offered for dental treatment?
No, for expenses incurred due to dental treatment you must claim under reimbursement or you must bear the expenses.
- What is the maximum and minimum age for individual and family policy?
The maximum age for which you can buy the individual and family policy is up to 60 years and the minimum age is 3 months for both the schemes.
- Do I require separate policy and claim documents for each family members?
In case of a family floater policy, separate policy and claim documents will not be required. But in case a family floater policy is not taken for all family members, separate documents will be covered.