Studying abroad is an entirely new experience as it introduces you to a diverse environment and offers global exposure. After you have planned to study abroad and have secured admission in an international university, scholarships, part-time jobs and fee waivers are not the only thing that you must look for. Studying abroad brings its own share of uncertainties with it. Imagine losing your travel documents or facing a sudden medical emergency - wouldn’t it be a problem if you don’t know where to go and whom to contact? A comprehensive student travel insurance will offer coverage against all such risks and will let you enjoy the experience of studying abroad.
A leading player in the insurance sector, Future Generali travel insurance plans offer many customer-centric benefits like minimal paperwork and hassle-free claim settlement. Specially crafted for students, Future Generali Student Travel Insurance, Future Student Suraksha, is a comprehensive insurance scheme that covers everything ranging from sponsor protection to medical expenses.
Features and Benefits of Future Generali Student Travel Insurance
Below are some of the features and benefits that accompany Future Student Suraksha scheme.
- Cashless claim settlement facility
- Turnaround time of less than 14 working days for claim settlement
- Global service provider
- Instant student travel insurance policy issuance
- Flexibility to select a scheme as per your requirements
- Claim reimbursement as per policy terms
- No pre-acceptance medical tests are necessary
- Worldwide medical, travel assistance and emergency services.
Policy Coverage offered by Future Generali Student Travel Insurance
- Medical expenses incurred due to an accident or sickness when travelling
- Compensation for expenses incurred for obtaining a temporary or duplicate passport whilst overseas.
- Reasonable expenses incurred for emergency personal purchase in case of delay of checked-in baggage will be compensated. The insurance will also reimburse up to the specified maximum limit in case of loss of baggage.
- If you are hospitalized for more than a consecutive month due to injury, sickness or terminal illness, medical repatriation or accidental death of an immediate family member, tuition fee will be reimbursed if you are unable to continue your studies for a semester for which tuition fees has been paid.
- In case of permanent disablement or accidental death of your sponsor, tuition fee will be reimbursed up to the maximum limit for the remaining period of education.
- Worldwide coverage against permanent total disablement and accidental death whilst you are abroad.
The general exclusions of the student travel insurance plan offered by Future Generali is as follows.
- Alcoholism, drug abuse, HIV AIDS and drunkenness
- Self-inflicted injury or illness, stress & depression, venereal diseases, suicide, attempt to suicide and anxiety
- Being under the influence of intoxicants including drugs and alcohol or hallucinogens unless prescribed properly by a physician and taken as prescribed.
- Preexisting diseases and complications arising from them will not be covered.
Please refer the policy document carefully to understand all the policy inclusions and exclusions.
Plans offered by Future Generali Student Travel Insurance
|Benefits||Plan Variants and benefits in USD|
|Basic||Standard||Silver||Gold||Platinum||Asia Pacific excluding Japan|
|Medical expenses including evacuation and repatriation||50,000||50,000||1 lakh||1.5 lakh||2 lakh||2.5 lakh||5 lakh||25,000|
|Emergency dental treatment||250||250||250||250||500||500||500||100|
|Mental & nervous disorder||-||500||500||500||500||500||1,000||500|
|Accident and permanent total disability||7,500||7,500||15,000||22,500||30,000||37,500||40,000||5,000|
|Loss of checked baggage||1,000||1,000||1,250||1,500||1,750||2,000||3,000||750|
|Delay of checked baggage||50||150||150||150||150||150||150||50|
|Loss of passport||200||200||200||200||250||250||300||150|
|Personal liability||-||1 lakh||1 lakh||1 lakh||1 lakh||1 lakh||2 lakh||1 lakh|
Do enquire with Future Generali about the benefits before applying for student travel insurance.
General Claims Process for Future Generali Student Travel Insurance
- In case of a medical emergency or hospitalization, approach the medical service provider and avail the cashless facility by producing the FG travel insurance policy copy.
- Contact Europe Assistance to inform the claim.
- Europe Assistance will place the guarantee letter with the provider and will settle the bills directly with the provider.
- I have to file a claim regarding loss of checked in baggage. What documents do I have to submit?
- Policy copy and claims form for Future Generali travel Suraksha
- Property irregularity report obtained from airline
- Copy of Visa/Passport with entry and exit stamp
- Copies of correspondence with airline authorities confirming the details of compensation and nature of loss.
- Individual list of items in the baggage and approximate cost of each
- What is the maximum coverage offered by Future Generali for student Suraksha insurance?
A minimum cover of $25,000 is offered under Asia plan excluding Japan.
- Can I extend the travel insurance policy if I extend the stay abroad?
Yes, policy extension facility is offered for travel insurance. Do enquire with Future Generali for any queries regarding extension.
- How do I get an online quote for Future Generali Student Travel Insurance Plans?
You have to visit the Future Generali website. Select Visa type, coverage and travel dates to get an instant quote online.
- What is the maximum time period for Future Suraksha student travel insurance?
Future Generali offers student travel insurance for up to 2 years.