Page Industries Limited is the exclusive licensee of Jockey International Incorporation and Speedo International Limited. It is responsible for the manufacture, marketing, and distribution of the two brands in India.
As of August 31, 2018, the market capitalisation of Page Industries Limited was observed to be close to Rs.38,390 crore.
Company’s Wealth and Recent Performance
- For the quarter ended on June 30, 2018, Page Industries Limited reported net sales of Rs.805.76 crore - a growth of more than 17% over the same quarter of the previous financial year.
- Considering the net profit for the period, it was stated to be at Rs.124.4 crore - an improvement of 45.88% y-o-y.
- The June quarter witnessed a steady growth in terms of value and volume. The company launched its 500th exclusive Jockey Brand Store in India, taking the total count of brand outlets to 504. Its online retail business has also seen a good growth through its official website and other e-commerce platforms. Similarly, the Speedo brand too has performed considerably well in the quarter.
- Owing to this performance, the earnings per share of Page Industries Limited reported a significant increase from Rs.76.47 at the end of Q1 FY18 to Rs.111.56 as of June 30, 2018.
Page Industries Limited Stock Trends in 2018
- Page Industries Limited is one of the few companies in the Indian markets that has displayed a bullish trend through most of 2018. On January 2, 2018, the opening share price of Page Industries was Rs.25,298.95 on the NSE. Over the course of the first month, the shares lost a little over 15% to touch the Rs.21,000 mark.
- In the first week of February, the shares were seen trading in the Rs.19,000 region. However, the shares recovered quickly thereafter, supported by the announcement of an interim dividend of 350%. The Page Industries Limited shares managed to cross the Rs.20,000 mark again and through most of February and March, the shares maintained their bearings steadily above that level.
- In the first half of April, the stock price rose steadily to cross the Rs.23,000 mark. Even though the prices continued to vary over the course of May, the shares managed to retain their bearings at levels above Rs.23,000. The scrip didn’t incur any major losses in this period. At the end of May, the company announced another interim dividend of 350%.
- Through the months of June and July, the Page Industries Limited stocks underwent a remarkable bull run. The scrip gained a little over 15% in these two months to cross the Rs.28,000 mark. For the most of July, the shares were seen trading hands at levels this mark.
- The price rose sharply in August and the scrip eventually crossed the psychologically important mark of Rs.30,000. Later in the month, the company announced an interim dividend of 410% which took the shares to their 52-week high at Rs.36,370. As of August, the scrip was up by more than 30% since the start of the year.
Page Industries Limited Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- At the start of 2016, the Page Industries Limited shares were trading at levels above Rs.13,000. Over the next few weeks, the scrip gradually moved on to shed a little over 20% to touch the Rs.10,000 in early February. It wasn’t until March that the prices recovered once again, although the shares had merely ascended into the Rs.11,000 region.
- Over the course of April, May, and June, the share price of Page Industries rose steadily to reach its previous levels at Rs.13,000. The company had also announced an interim dividend of 220% in May. Things didn’t change considerably in the month of July as the shares traded hands at levels above Rs.13,000.
- In early August, the company announced a final dividend of 240%. This was followed by a gradual appreciation in the share price and soon, the scrip was observed trading at levels above Rs.15,000. The prices continued to increase in a similar manner in September and October as well.
- However, post demonetisation in November 2016, the shares took a sharp nosedive and lost around 15%. The shares were back to their previous levels at Rs.13,000. In November, the company announced an interim dividend of 250%. At the end of the year, the closing price of Page Industries was Rs.13,650.80 on the NSE.
- 2017 proved to be a remarkable year for the Page Industries shareholders. The scrip commenced the year trading at levels above Rs.14,000 and for the first four months, the share price remained steadily above this mark without making any discernible gains. An interim dividend of 250% was also announced in February.
- Things didn’t change considerably in the month of May either. At the end of the month, the company announced an interim dividend of 260%. Through June and July, the shares gained a little over 15% to cross the Rs.16,000 mark. In early August, the company announced a final dividend of 250%.
- Through the course of August and September, the share price of Page Industries Limited gained another 15% to touch the Rs.19,000 mark. In early November, the shares crossed the important mark of Rs.20,000. This upward trend was further strengthened by the announcement of an interim dividend of 350% in November. The closing price on December 29, 2017, was Rs.25,541.55.
Should you invest in Page Industries Limited shares?
- Page Industries Limited is a textile company which is primarily responsible for manufacturing, marketing, and distributing the products on behalf of the Jockey brand in India. It is the exclusive licensee of Jockey International Incorporation for India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and UAE. In addition to this, it is also the exclusive licensee of Speedo in India.
- Considering the revenues of the company, Jockey has done exceptionally well in the country. Its products are present in more than 500 brand retail outlets, 800 plus departmental stores, and more than 50,000 plus retail stores. Apart from this, the company has also registered a remarkable growth in its online business through e-commerce partners, online marketplaces, and its official site.
- For the quarter ended on June 30, 2018, Page Industries Limited reported a y-o-y growth of 17.03% to Rs.805.76 crore in the revenues. As for its net profit, it grew by 45.88% to Rs.124.44 crore. This growth came on the account of a strong increase in sales and value across all segments.
- Considering the performance of the stock, the scrip has been highly bullish 2018. Since the start of the year, the scrip has gained more than 30% as of the end of August. It started the year at around Rs.25,400 and on August 31, its closing price was observed to be Rs.34,416.75. It is one of the few stocks that has managed to show an upward trend in 2018.
- The company is also highly generous with dividends. It has a record of giving four dividends every year and so far in 2018, it has already given three dividends. The most recent dividend came in August which was of 410%. Needless to mention, the company is fundamentally strong and financially sound. We can expect a good growth in its revenues in the future, seeing that the company is working on expanding its reach further into rural markets.
- However, before investing in this scrip, it is strongly advised to research thoroughly on the fundamentals of the company.
Page Industries Limited is the exclusive licensee of Jockey International Inc. and Speedo in India. It is responsible for manufacturing, marketing, and distributing of the Jockey brand in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, UAE, and Bangladesh. As of March 2018, the company boasts of more than 470 brand outlets, 50,000 retail outlets across 1,800 cities in India.
History of the Company
The company was incorporated in November 1994 as a private limited company with the sole objective of bringing the Jockey brand to India. It began its commercial operations in 1995 with emphasis on manufacturing, marketing, and distributing Jockey products in India. In 2001, the company’s retail network crossed 100 towns and in 2003, its revenues crossed Rs.500 million. In 2011, it signed a licensing agreement with Speedo for India, thus diversifying its product portfolio. The company has been honoured with several awards like the ‘Best licensee of the year’ in 2005 and 2009 by Jockey International Inc., and ‘Star SME of the Year 2012’ by Business Standard.
Management of the Company
Mr. Pradeep Jaipuria - Chairman
Mr. Pradeep Jaipuria presently serves as the Chairman of the Board at Page Industries Limited. He has held this position since February 2011. He is a businessman himself, having started his own business back in 1973. He promoted Agro Extracts Limited which is presently the largest producer of neem in India. He eventually promoted the company to PJ Margo Private Limited to manufacture bio-pesticides. He is an alumnus of IIT Mumbai, where he finished his Bachelors’ in Chemical Engineering.
Mr. Sunder Genomal - Founder, Managing Director
Mr. Sunder Genomal is the Founder and Managing Director of Page Industries Limited. He has been serving as the MD of the company since April 1996 and he currently oversees the entire operations and affairs of the organisation. He has played an instrumental role in establishing the foundation for Page Industries Limited and he also served as the Chief Executive Officer of the company until February 2016. He has been a part of the textiles industry for more than 25 years. He holds a postgraduate degree in Industrial Management Engineering from the De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines.
Mr. Vedji Ticku - Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director
Mr. Vedji Ticku presently serves as the CEO and Executive Director of Page Industries Limited. He has held these two positions respectively since February 2016 and May 2017. Prior to this, he served as the Chief Operating Officer of the organisation. He has been a part of Page Industries Limited since 1997 and over the years, he has held various positions like Regional Sales Manager for South Zone, General Manager of Sales & Marketing, and Senior Sales Manager for North. He holds more than 25 years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Corporate Affairs, and General Administration.
Page Industries Limited Listings in NSE, BSE, and Indices
The equity shares of Page Industries Limited are available to the general public for trading. These shares are listed on the National Stock Exchange and the Stock Exchange, Mumbai. The respective call signs for the same have been listed below:
- NSE Code: PAGEINDEQ
- BSE Code: 532827
- ISIN: INE761H01022
- Sector: Textiles
As for the stock market indices, the company does not comprise the country’s two benchmark indices - the Nifty 50 or the BSE Sensex. However, it does comprise various other indices such as:
- Nifty 500
- Nifty 200
- Nifty Midcap 150
- Nifty Midcap 100
- S&P BSE 200
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE 100
- S&P BSE AllCap
- S&P BSE MidCap
Page Industries Limited
Corporate & Registered Office
Cessna Business Park
Tower-1, 7th Floor, Umiya Business Bay
Outer Ring Road, Bangalore - 560103
Contact number: 080-49454545
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds . It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.
The contents of this post/blog does not constitute financial or other professional advice nor does it imply in any manner a principal-agent relationship, and is not a professional advice on a specific financial matter.