Apollo Hospitals Enterprise ltd. is a chain of hospitals based in Chennai. Founded in 1983, the group was amongst the first hospital groups to receive international healthcare accreditation from JCI (Joint Commission International) and NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers).Market Capitalisation
The market capitalisation of Apollo Hospitals stands at a little over Rs.13,000 crore.
Company’s wealth and recent performance
- The total income of Apollo Hospitals for FY18 stood at roughly Rs.7,000 crore against Rs.6,300 crore in FY17.
- The total expenses of Apollo Hospitals in FY18 stood roughly at Rs.6,800 crore, as opposed to Rs.6,000 crore in FY17.
- The profit after tax for FY18 stood at around Rs.33,000 lakh, while in FY17, it stood at 36,000 lakh.
- The total non-current assets of the company in FY18 was valued at around Rs.5,800 crore, whereas in FY17, it was valued at Rs.5,400 crore.
- The total current assets of Apollo Hospitals in FY18 stood roughly at Rs.7,800 crore, while in FY17, it stood at roughly at Rs.7,100 crore.
- The total non-current liabilities of the company for FY18 stood at roughly Rs.2,800 crore, almost the same as it stood in FY17.
- The total current liability in FY18 stood at a little over 1,300 crore, while in FY17, it stood at almost Rs.750 crore.
- The total equity and liabilities of the organisation for FY18 stood roughly at Rs.7,800 crore, while for FY17, it stood at around 7,100 crore.
Apollo Hospitals Enterprise stock trend 2018
- In the start of 2018, the stock price of Apollo Hospital stood at roughly Rs.1,200, and on the 18th of January, the stock price took a hit and stood at only Rs.1,100. The stock prices were more or less stable for the rest of the month and spiked in February to Rs.2,345.
- In March of 2018, the prices hit a low at Rs.1,000, and stayed around the same price for the remainder of the month.
- April too saw stability in the stock price, but, in May, it hit the lowest point for the year 2018 so far at Rs.918.
- The prices then varied slightly over the next few months, and during August it peaked to almost Rs.1,100, only to further slip down to Rs.930.
Apollo Hospitals Enterprise stock trend 2017
- At the start of 2017, the stock prices for Apollo hospitals stood at around Rs.1,100. The price remained the same for the rest of the month and most of February. At the end of February, the prices spiked to almost 1,300. The price of the stocks for March dropped a bit to a little below Rs.1,100 and remained the same up until the end of April.
- May saw a substantial rise in stock prices as it stood at 1,300 at the start of the month, and although there were fluctuations, the price still stood the same during mid-June. July and August too enjoyed a relatively good period as stock prices remained stable during this time.
- September saw a drastic dip as the stock prices stooped to around Rs.1,000 by the end of the month, and remained the same all through most of October. In the beginning of November, however, the stock prices further took a dip and stood at roughly Rs.950.
- At the end of November, the company enjoyed good stock prices as it stood at around Rs.1,200 which carried over on to December and the end of the year.
Should you invest in Apollo Hospitals Enterprise?
- For the financial year 2017, the stocks were stable for most part of the year and it has carried forward to FY18. This shows that the company has stability and it pretty much a safe option to invest in.
- The company has a significant amount of experience in the industry and is one of the prominent names in the country when it comes to hospitals. This means that they have been in the industry for a while and, therefore, are very knowledgeable about the the latest technology they need to inculcate into their business to stay ahead of their competition.
- It must be noted however, the rate at which the company grows is not exponential as it has already passed its saturation point and a short term investment may or may not reap the benefits you wish to receive.
- Apollo Hospitals have a staff that is experienced and knowledgeable, meaning they are aware of how the company operates.
Apollo Hospitals Enterprise is a chain of hospitals, based out of Chennai, India. It is one of the most renowned names in the healthcare industry. It’s stability and mere volume have built a trust based relationship with its customers and investors.
Management of the company
Dr. Prathap Reddy - Founder, Chairman
Dr. Prathap is the founder and chairman of Apollo Hospitals. He is often referred to as the architect of modern healthcare in the country. Also a humanitarian, he brought about world-class health care to millions who may not have been able to access it prior to this endeavour.
Ms. Suneeta Reddy - Managing Director
Ms. Suneeta is a part of the founding members of the enterprise and is currently the managing director of it. She began working in the fine organisation in 1989 and with her help, Apollo hospitals has helped cater to over 50 million individuals worldwide. She is also a fitness enthusiast and is very keen on maintaining a good diet and an overall healthy lifestyle. Ms. Suneeta also has been recognised for financially aiding several underprivileged patients.
Apollo Hospitals’ NSE, BSE, and Listings
The equity shares of AU Small Finance Bank Limited are available for trading on the National Stock Exchange of India Limited and the Stock Exchange Limited, Mumbai. The respective codes for the same are as follows:
- NSE Code: APOLLOHOSP
- BSE Code: 508869
- ISIN: INE437A01024
- Sector: HOSPITALS & MEDICAL SERVICES
The company also forms a part of the following indices
- S&P CNX 500
- CNX Midcap
- CNX FMCG
665, 19th Main, 21st Cross, Near-Sri Rama Medical, Rajajinagar 2nd Block, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560010
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this post/blog does not constitute financial or other professional advice nor does it imply in any manner a principal-agent relationship, and is not a professional advice on a specific financial matter.