Dilip Buildcon Ltd. is one of the leading road-focused Engineering Procurement Construction(EPC) in contractors in India. The company develops infrastructure across the country in the form of roads, bridges, sewage irrigation, residential buildings and others.
The market capitalisation of Dilip Buildcon Ltd. as on 3 September 2018 was Rs.11,315 crore.
Company's Wealth and Recent Performance
The key highlights of the company’s financial performance for the Q1 FY 2018-19 ended 31 June 2018 are as follows:
- The net profit was more than double and stood at Rs.255 crore, up from Rs.122 crore in the corresponding period of the last fiscal.
- The company revenue recorded an increase of 46% and stood at Rs.2,445 crore. Dilip Buildcon attributed the increase in revenue mainly due to the conversion of order book through execution.
- During this quarter the company won new orders worth Rs.2,744 crore while the net order book at the end of the quarter stood at Rs.24,000 crore with a majority of orders being in the road sector.
- The company won 12 new Hybrid Annuity Model projects (HAM) projects recently.
- At the beginning of August 2018, the company’s board approved raising Rs.2,000 crore via non convertible debentures (NCDs) and commercial papers on private placement basis.
- The company recently bagged the metro rail project worth Rs.247.06 crore in Madhya Pradesh.
- At the beginning of January 2018, Dilip Buildcon incorporated a joint venture with VPR Mining in order to explore sector of Mining Activities.
- The company also bagged a road project worth Rs.565.02 crore from NHAI in Maharashtra in January 2018.
The key highlights of the company’s financial performance for the Q4 FY 2017-18, ended 31 March 2018, are as follows:
- The net profit recorded an increase of 11.01% and stood at Rs.217.7 crore, up from Rs.196.1 crore for the same period in FY 2016-17.
- The total income reported an increase from Rs.2,562 crore during the quarter as against Rs1,753.5 crore in the year-ago period.
- The total expenses increased to Rs.2,283.8 crore from Rs.1,563 crore in the same quarter of 2016-17.
Dilip Buildcon Ltd. Stock Trends in 2018
- The opening price of the stock at the beginning of January 2018 on NSE was Rs.994. It declined throughout the month and stood at Rs.928 by the end. The scrip picked up the pace and crossed the Rs.1,000 mark by mid-February. However, the stock price declined towards the end of the month and ended the month at Rs.940. In the month of March, the scrip increased by around 55 points and stood at Rs.1,012. The scrip gained strength in April and increased by around 170 points. The opening price of the stock by the end of April was Rs.1,173.
- At the beginning of May, the scrip was up reached Rs.1,211 however, it decreased towards the latter half of the month. It fell by 245 points and was at Rs.924 by the end of the month. In June, the price of the stock was stable for most of the month however, it fell by around 160 points towards the end of the month and stood at Rs.664. By mid-July, the scrip picked up the pace by around 147 points and stood at Rs.812. However, the scrip decreased by the end of the month and was at Rs.774. In August, the price of the stock reached almost Rs.900 at the beginning of the month. The opening price of the stock at the end of August 2018 was Rs.844.
Dilip Buildcon Ltd. Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- The Dilip Buildcon stock made its debut on the stock exchange on 11 August 2016. The opening price of the stock was Rs.240 and it fell by around 20 points by the end of the month. In September, the scrip was stable and hardly changed throughout the month. The price of the stock stood at Rs.235 by the end of October. In November, the scrip fell by 60 points and stood at Rs.117 my mid-month. The price of the stock declined in December and stood at Rs.222 by the end of the month.
- The opening price of the stock at the beginning of January 2017 was Rs.225 on NSE. It increased by 20 points by the end of the month. In February, the scrip picked up the pace and reached Rs.300 by the end of the month. The price of the stock increased further in March by around 50 points and ended the month at Rs.356. In April, the scrip increased by more than 120 points. The opening price of the stock by the end of April stood at Rs.421.
- By mid-May, the stock price had crossed the Rs.500 mark, however, it fell by over 50 points and ended the month at Rs.446. In the month of June, the price of the stock was stable and did not change much. The scrip picked up the pace reached Rs.547 by mid-July but it fell towards the end of the month and stood at Rs.507. In August, the scrip gained strength and increased by 115 points. The opening price of the stock by the end of the month was Rs.621.
- In the month of September, the stock price decreased marginally and stood at Rs.588 towards the end. The price of the scrip in October picked up the pace by 305 points and stood at Rs.912. In November, the scrip increased further by around 70 points and ended the month at Rs.984. The price of the stock in the month of December crossed the Rs.1,000 mark and stood at Rs.1,053. The opening price of the scrip at the end of December 2017 was Rs.1,006.
Should you invest in Dilip Buildcon Ltd.?
- In FY 2016-17, DBL recorded a 25% growth in revenue which stood at Rs.51,091 million. The company has recorded strong growth in revenue in 2017-18 as well as Q1 FY 2018-19.
- Investing in the stock of Dilip Buildcon Ltd. for a long-term purpose could be a good investment option. However, it is strongly advised that you do research before investing your hard-earned money in the stock market as it is risky due to its volatile nature. Alternately, you can even look at mutual funds as an investment option.
Dilip Buildcon develops projects for roads and highways, irrigation, urban development and mining. The Bhopal-based road developer was incorporated as Dilip Buildcon Private Limited in June 2006. It was converted into a public limited company in 2010, following which, it received the ISO 9001:2008 certification in 2012. Dilip Buildcon raised its first external capital worth Rs.750 million in 2012 via PE investor, BanyanTree Growth Capital. As on 2018, the company has more than 32,000 employees. It won the award for the fastest growing construction company by Construction World in 2016.
Management of the Company
Mr. Dilip Suryavanshi - Chairman and Managing Director
Dilip has more than 36 years of experience in the business of construction. He completed his graduation and post graduation in Civil Engineering from the University of Jabalpur. Dilip has been the director of the company since its incorporation. He was the sole proprietor of Dilip Builders prior to the formation of the company.
Mr. Devendra Jain - Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer
Devendra joined Dilip Builders in 1995 as an engineering graduate. He has an experience of more than 21 years in the construction business. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from Vikram University.
Listings in NSE, BSE, and Indices
The stock of Dilip Buildcon Ltd. is available for trading on the two major stock exchanges of India - The National Stock Exchange Limited (NSE) and The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Sector: Construction and Contracting - Civil
The company forms a part of important indices like:
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty Alpha 50
- Nifty Full Smallcap 100
- Nifty LargeMidcap 250
- Nifty Midcap 100
- Nifty Midcap 150
- Nifty MidSmallcap 400
- S&P BSE 150 MidCap Index
- S&P BSE 250 LargeMidCap Index
- S&P BSE 250 SmallCap Index
- S&P BSE 400 MidSmallCap Index
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE AllCap
- S&P BSE Capital Goods
- S&P BSE Industrials
- S&P BSE MidSmallCap
- S&P BSE SmallCap
Plot No. 5,
Inside Govind Narayan Singh Gate,
Kolar Road, Janki Nagar,
Bhopal , Madhya Pradesh
INDIA – 462016
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.