Oberoi Realty Ltd. is a real estate company based in Mumbai. It has built several projects in the retail as well as residential space.
The market capitalisation of the Oberoi Realty Ltd. as on 2 August 2018 is close to Rs.17,500.
Company's Wealth and Recent Performance
From the financial results released by the company, the following points were noted with respect to the changes from Q1 of FY 2017–2018 to Q1 of FY 2018–2019:
- Oberoi Realty recorded consolidated revenues of Rs.895.38 crore from Rs.270.32 crore
- The consolidated Profit Before Tax (PBT) for the same period was Rs.454.39 crore as compared to Rs.131.91 crore.
- The consolidated Profit After Tax (PAT) was Rs.309.42 crore as compared to Rs.91.37 crore.
- At the end of the first quarter 2018, the order book was at Rs.4,429.62 crore as against Rs.5,043.07 crore for the same period in 2017.
The changes for the entire FY 2016-17 to FY 2017-18 were:
- The company recorded a revenue of Rs.1,292.01 crore from Rs.1,161.34 crore.
- The EBITDA (Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization) was at Rs.701.84 crore from Rs.617.36 crore.
- The PBT was at Rs.649.53 crore from Rs.565.44 crore.
- The PAT was at Rs. 458.80 crore from Rs.378.59 crore.
The changes from Q4 FY 2016-17 to Q4 FY 2017-18 were:
- The consolidated revenue increased to Rs.352.84 crore from Rs.302.33 crore.
- The EBITDA rose to Rs.191.22 crore from Rs.163.94 crore.
- The PBT saw a surge of Rs.178.66 crore from Rs.151.06 crore.
- The PAT rose to Rs.142.92 from Rs.101.82 crore.
- The company booked a total area of 1.31 lakh sq. ft. as compared to 1.35 lakh sq. ft. The total value was Rs.263.32 crore from Rs.345.43 crore.
- In the last six months, Oberoi Realty delivered more than 23 lakh sq. ft. area. In the Q4 FY 2017-18 in the company handed over possession of residential projects - Esquire and Prisma.
Oberoi Realty Ltd. Stock Trends in 2018
- The opening price of the Oberoi Realty on 1 January 2018 was Rs.484 on NSE. The scrip increased by more than 50 points by the end of the month and was at Rs.540. In February, the stock kept falling for the most part of the month however, it picked up the pace towards the end of the month and was at Rs.521. The price of the stock witnessed a surge in the first 15 days of March following which it fell by few points and ended the month at Rs.487. At the beginning of April, the price of the stock was at Rs.501. However, towards the end of the most it had reached Rs.594.
- The opening price of the stock at the beginning of May was Rs.552. The scrip continued to fall throughout the month and was at Rs.512 by the end. In June, the stock price fell by another 30-35 points and ended the month at Rs.463. The scrip changed marginally in the month of July. The opening price of the stock on 31 July 2018.
Oberoi Realty Ltd. Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- On 1 January 2016, the opening price of Oberoi Realty stock was Rs.268 on NSE. The scrip was pretty stable at the beginning of the month however, it fell towards the end and was at Rs.240 by the end. In February, the stock price continued to fall by 20 points by the end of the month. The scrip was pretty stable in the month of March. In April, the scrip witnessed an increase of around 50 points and ended the month at Rs.282.
- The price of the stock did not change much in the month of May. The scrip changed marginally in June as well. However, it gained strength in the month of July and crossed Rs.300. In August, the price of the stock was stable and did not change much.
- It followed the same pattern in the month of September and ended the month at Rs.291. However, the price of the stock picked up the pace in October and was up by more than 60 points by the end. The opening price of the stock by the end of October was Rs.356. In November, the scrip fell by more than 90 points and ended the month at Rs.272. The price of the stock was stable in the month of December.
- At the beginning of January 2017, the scrip was at Rs.298 on NSE. It changed marginally throughout the month. In February the price of the stock increased by around 25 points at the beginning of the month. The scrip witnessed a good surge towards the end of March and ended the month at Rs.366. The same streak continued in April as the stock price crossed Rs.400 at the end of the month.
- In the month of May, the stock price fell by more than 20 points towards the end and was at Rs.374. The scrip continued its downward streak in June and fell by more than 40 points by the end of the month. In July, the stock picked up the pace and posted an increase by around 20 points. The month of August did not witness a major change in the stock price.
- In September, the scrip gained some strength and saw a surge by more than 30 points It was at Rs.414 by the end of the month. The scrip increased further in the month of October and crossed Rs.470 by the end of the month. In the month of November, the scrip increased by several points and was at Rs.510 towards the end. The stock price was stable throughout the month of December and ended the month at Rs.473.
Should you invest in Oberoi Realty Ltd.?
- The stock price of Oberoi Realty Ltd. has increased gradually over the past couple of years. It has seen some noticeable fluctuations for a couple of months. The company has a diversified portfolio and has been expanding to newer projects.
- However, it is strongly advised that you do strong research before investing your hard-earned money in the stock market as it is a risky and uncertain form of investment. You can instead look at mutual funds as an alternate option for investment.
Oberoi Realty Ltd. has been dealing in real estate projects across various segments including residential, commercial, hospitality and so on in Mumbai. The company was incorporated in early 1980 and was converted into a public limited company in 2009. The name of the company was changed to Oberoi Realty Ltd. The company works with several reputed architects and contractors (domestic as well as international). Oberoi Realty claims to have successfully completed 42 projects in Mumbai.
Management of the Company
Mr. Vikas Oberoi - Chairman and Managing Director
Mr. Vikas Oberoi has an experience of more than 20 years in the real estate industry. He plays an important role in managing a portfolio spanning across hospitality, residential, office space, social Infrastructure projects, and retail. Vivek is a Harvard Business School Alumnus and has been on the on the Board of Directors of Oberoi Realty since when the company was launched.
Listings in NSE, BSE, and Indices
The stock of Oberoi Realty Ltd. is available for trading on the two major stock exchanges of India - The National Stock Exchange Limited (NSE) and The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Sector: Construction and Contracting
The company forms a part of important indices like:
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty Realty
- Nifty Midcap 100
- Nifty Midcap 150
- Nifty LargeMidcap 250
- S&P BSE AllCap
- S&P BSE 200
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE LargeMidCap
Oberoi Realty Limited,
Commerz, 3rd Floor,
International Business Park, Oberoi Garden City,
Off Western Express Highway, Goregaon (East),
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.
The contents of this post/blog does not constitute financial or other professional advice nor does it imply in any manner a principal-agent relationship, and is not a professional advice on a specific financial matter.