Mindtree offers technology and digital transformation services across the globe in various industry segments.
The market capitalisation of Mindtree, as of July 31, 2018, stood at a little over Rs.15,160 crore.
Company’s Wealth and Recent Performance
- For the FY 2018, the revenue growth in rupee terms stands at the rate of 4.3%. Despite global uncertainties, the growth rate is competitive and ‘higher than average’.
- The revenue projections have risen at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 14.20% in the last five years. This is as against the industry average of 10.50%.
- The net profit for FY 2018 is Rs.5,701 million, which is an increase in the rate of 36.20% when compared to the previous year.
- The Earnings before Interest, Taxes and Amortisation (EBITA) for FY 2018 stood at Rs.7,405 million, while the earnings per share were Rs.34.28. The net profit was Rs.5,701 million and it grew by approximately 36.2% when compared to FY 2017.
- The revenue generated from digital services saw a growth rate of more than 18% in FY 2018 when compared to FY 2017.
Mindtree Stock Trends in 2018
- On January 1, 2018, the price of the stock was Rs.610.80 with minor fluctuations till the 22nd, post which the price went above Rs.700. On the 24th, the price inclined to Rs.758, hitting a fresh 52-week high. On the last day of the month, the rate stood at Rs.774.
- In February, the opening price on the NSE was Rs.765.55 on the 1st, an impressive opening influenced by the shareholders meeting. After around two weeks, prices plummeted to reach Rs.696.75 on the 20th. As 20 stocks hit the 52-week low, Mindtree scrip prices inclined to Rs.746 on the 23rd. The month closed at Rs.800.
- As favourable conditions prevailed, the price of the stock reached Rs.870 on March 6. However, over the course of the month, there was a gradual fall in prices and the stock closed at Rs.775.25.
- The prices went up exponentially in April, reaching Rs.1,063.75 on the 30th, touching a record high. In May, there were not many price variations and the price on the last day of the month was Rs.1,024.95
- On June 1, the price per share was Rs.1,015.95, remaining steady for the next few days. However, due to unfavourable conditions and a downgrade by a foreign brokerage firm, the price went down on the 14th to Rs.1,020 from the previous day’s Rs.1,048.
- In July, the cost per share gradually increased from Rs.993 on the 2nd to Rs.1,084 on the 17th as the company witnessed a surge in revenue.
- As Mindtree stocks took a beating by 9% due to a drop in net profit, the share price plunged to Rs.940 on July 30.
Mindtree Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- On January 1, 2016, the stock opened on the NSE at Rs.721.49 and the price variation was not much during this month.
- In February 2016, the price fell to Rs.699 on the 18th. The following month share prices took a significant hit reaching Rs.624.40 on 29th of March.
- By April 2016, there was no major improvement in prices though there was an inclining trend. The price did not cross Rs.700 throughout June that year.
- After a dividend call in July 2016, no improvement was seen in price trends. By the 25th, the price per share went down to Rs.560.50.
- The price stayed steady in August with and by the 5th, the rate stood at Rs.605. However, notwithstanding the gain, the price took a beating in the next few months, reaching Rs.424.70 on November 15, 2016.
- By the end of 2016, there was a slight improvement and the markets closed on the last day of the year at Rs.534.
- On January 2, 2017, the price of the Mindtree stock on the NSE was Rs.522 but during the course of the month, the price crumbled down, reaching Rs.472.90 on the 30th.
- From February 2017 to April, the was not much improvement in the prices. On 17th April, the price stood at Rs.442.90.
- On May 6, 2017, the price per share was Rs.560. Prices did not see any significant improvement in the next few months.
- On December 29, 2017, the price of a Mindtree share stood at Rs.616.90.
Should you invest in Mindtree?
- Mindtree has a large client base, an international market and offers specialised services, making it a big name in the IT sector.
- The midcap IT stock reported stellar growth in the first quarter of 2018 and won two awards at the ISG Paragon Awards Americas.
- The company has received recognition at the ‘IR Magazine Awards’ for maintaining excellent investor relations.
- The company has received global recognition for its expertise.
Mindtree is a renowned global technology service and consulting business that has an extensive client base. This multinational corporation offers products and services across industry segments such as banking, capital markets, smart devices, consumer packaged goods, education, insurance, manufacturing, media and entertainment, retail, semiconductors, transportation and logistics, and travel and hospitality. They offer IT consulting, engineering research and development, IT consulting, operations and digital services such as data analytics, mobility, digital marketing and digital commerce. Some of the other products include in-store analytics, intelligent video surveillance, connected buildings, etc. Mindtree was founded in 1999 by a group of professionals.
Management of the Company
Anil Gandharve – Vice President and Head of Retail, CPG and Manufacturing
Anil Gandharve has a little over 17 years of experience in consulting, operations and business development. He joined the company in 2010 and has been managing the firm’s retail, CPG and manufacturing business. He has also been overseeing the company’s European business.
Balaji Thirumalai – Senior Vice President and Head, Technology, Media and Services
Balaji Thirumalai has more than two decades of experience in ‘valley and emerging markets’. He has devoted a good 17 years working for the semiconductor industry and has held various leadership positions. At present, he manages the media and services, and technology business. He is also responsible for delivery, sales, and strategy. Balaji has co-invented as many as three US patents. He has an MBA from UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and is an electrical engineer from the State University of New York.
Gaurav Johri – Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of APAC
Johri leads the APAC business of Mindtree, serves as the Chief Strategy Officer and manages the firm’s Platform’s wing. He has served in several leadership positions before he joined Mindtree. Johri is a graduate from the prestigious IIM Calcutta, where he obtained an MBA.
Guita Blake – Senior Vice President and Head, Europe
Blake became a part of the company in 2016 and is presently serving as the senior vice president for Europe. She has a diverse experience spanning over 20 years in areas such as delivery, market strategy, sales and marketing, and portfolio management.
Mindtree Stock Listings in NSE, BSE, and Indices
Mindtree equity shares are available for trading on the country’s two major stock markets - the National Stock Exchange of India and the Bombay Stock Exchange. The respective codes for the same are as follows:
- NSE Code: MINDTREEQ
- BSE Code: 532819
- ISIN: INE018101017
- Sector: IT Consulting and Software
Coming to the stock market indices, Mindtree comprises the following indices:
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty Alpha 500
- Nifty Full Midcap 100
- Nifty IT
- Nifty LargeMidcap 250
- Nifty Midcap 100
- Nifty Midcap 150
- Nifty Midcap 50
- Nifty MidSmallcap 400
- S&P BSE 150 MidCap Index
- S&P BSE 200
- S&P BSE 250 LargeMidCap Index
- S&P BSE 400 MidSmallCap Index
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE AllCap
- S&P BSE Dollex - 200
- S&P BSE Information Technology
- S&P BSE MidSmallCap
- S&P BSE SmallCap
- S&P BSE SmallCap Select Index
- S&P BSE TASIS Shariah 50
- S&P BSE TECk
EPIP Second Phase KIADB Industrial Area Hoody Village, Whitefield Bengaluru 560066 Karnataka India
Phone - 91 (80) 6747-0000
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.