Hexaware Technologies Ltd. is an Information Technology company and business process outsourcing service provider based out the financial capital Mumbai. The company offers software services in Financial Services, Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Education, Telecom, Professional services, Logistics and Travel.
The market capitalisation of Hexaware Technologies Ltd. as of August 2018 is over Rs.14,000 crore.
Company's Wealth and Recent Performance
- Hexaware Technologies Ltd. has reported consolidated sales, for the quarter ended in June 2018, of Rs.1,136.73 crore, up by 8.36% compared to the previous quarter sales of Rs.1,048.99 crore and up by 15.57% compared to last year same quarter sales of Rs.983.58 crore.
- The company has reported a net profit after tax of Rs.153.40 crore in the last quarter.
- Hexaware’s key products or revenue segments include Software Development Charges, for the year ending 31 December 2017, contributed Rs.1,524.11 crore to the Sales Value.
- For the quarter ending March 2018, the company’s consolidated net profit stood at Rs.134.3 crore up by 17.9%.
- In terms of dollar, the company witnessed its net profit inclining by 20.3% to $20.7 million, while revenues were up by 12.1% to $162.2 million in the March 2018 quarter.
- The company has included three new clients in the Q1 of 2018 with a total contract value of $28 million and has declared an interim dividend of Rs.1 for the said quarter.
- The total headcount stood at 14,619 with the inclusion of 914 people from December 2017 quarter, while the attrition rate stood at 13.4%.
- As for its cash and cash equivalents, it stood at $94.03 million or Rs.613 crore at the end of the said quarter.
Hexaware Technologies Ltd. Stock Trends in 2018
- On 1 January 2018, the stock price of Hexaware Technologies Ltd. stood at Rs.340.65 before it ended the day 0.29% higher. By the end of the month, the stock had increased to Rs.370.20, moving up by nearly 30 points.
- On the 1st of February 2018, the stock traded at Rs.382 before it ended the day down by 0.52%. The Hexaware Technologies share price moved downwards over the course of the month before it rose to end at Rs.345.70.
- The company’s stock price opened at Rs.346.60 on the 1st of March 2018 and on the 14th, it inclined to stand at Rs.379.90 and by the end of the month it closed at Rs.369.40.
- On the 2nd of April 2018, the price of stock stood at Rs.375.70 and on the 3rd, it grew significantly to stand at Rs.410.85. On the 20th, the over 30 stocks defy the bearish market mood to hit fresh 52-week highs on the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) when the stocks of Hexaware stood at Rs.422 and continued to increase over the month to end at Rs.436.
- The stocks of the company grew over the month of May 2018 when it opened at Rs.450 and closed the month at Rs.446.25.
- The price of the stock fell slightly to open at Rs.436.95 on the 2nd of June 2018. There was a marginal decline on the 5th to stand at Rs.441.50; however, by the end of the month the stock price improved to stand at Rs.456.70, up by nearly 20 points compared to the opening date of the month.
- The bullish stock continued to move upwards to stand at Rs.456 on the 2nd of July 2018. While its stock rose on the 3rd, it fell significantly on the 5th to stand at Rs.445.95. By the end of the month, the price of the stock increased to close at Rs.465.45.
Hexaware Technologies Ltd. Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- On the 1st of January 2016, the stock price stood at Rs.242.50 and dropped to Rs.207.10 on the 21st of the month and closed the month at Rs.229.90. On the 1st of February 2016, the stock of the company opened at Rs.230.90 and fell to Rs.222.90 on the 3rd of the month; however, it recovered to close the month at Rs.234.95. On 1st March 2016, the price of the stock closed at Rs.244.05 and continued to grow considerably before ending the month at Rs.269.15.
- The stock price on the 1st of April 2016 stood at Rs.271.15 and ended the month down by 30 points. On 1st May 2016, the stock opened at Rs.239.70 and remained steady through the month; however, it declined to close the month at Rs.217.10. The stock price of the company stood at Rs.212.35 on the 1st of June 2016 and increased to stand at Rs.221 by the end of the month.
- The stock was traded at Rs.230 on the opening day of July 2016 and remained steady over the month and closed the month at Rs.220.90 down by 10 points. On the 1st of August, the stock opened at Rs.221.45 and closed the day 1.83% higher. Over the course of the month, the stock dropped significantly to end the month at Rs.203.05. The stock was traded at Rs.202.90 on the 1st of September 2016 and declined considerably by the end of the month to stand at Rs.186.40.
- On 3 October 2016, the stock was traded at Rs.189 and ended the day 1.06% higher by the mid-October the stock had fallen to trade at Rs.178.85; however, by the end of the month, the stock price improved to close the month at Rs.204.75. The stock continued its rally in November as well with its performance remaining steady and ended the month at Rs.205.90. On the 1st of December 2016, the stock opened with the price of Rs.206.10 and ended at Rs.207.10.
- When trading began for the month of January 2017, the company’s stock price stood at Rs.208 and ended the month down by 10 points. On 1 February 2017, the stock was traded at Rs.194.55 before ending the month at Rs.223 improving by nearly 30 points. The stock price on the 1st of March 2017 stood at Rs.226.55 and remained steady over the month, but ended lower at Rs.214.95.
- When the market was open for trading on the 3rd of April 2017, the company’s stock price stood at Rs.215.50; however, by the middle of the month it fell to stand at Rs.199.60, but the closed the month upward by more than 30 points. On the 2nd of May 2017, the stock price was traded at Rs.227.50 and the stock ended 7 points higher. The stock opened for trading on the 1st of June 2017 at Rs.236 and ended the month at Rs.242.25 up by 6 points compared to the opening price.
- On 1 July 2017, the stock price of the company opened for trading at Rs.241.55 and ended the month at Rs.261.95. However, on the 1 August 2017, the price of the stock dropped marginally and traded at Rs.256.45, but ended the month on a higher note when the stock price stood at Rs.273.20. When trading opened on the 3rd of September 2017, it stood at Rs.273.10 and ended the month slightly lower by 4 points.
- On 3 October 2017, the price of the Hexaware stock stood at Rs.269.85 and moved upwards towards the end of the month when it closed at Rs.284.80. When trading opened on the 3rd of November 2017, the stock price of the company stood at Rs.287 and grew significantly to end the month at Rs.337.10 and on the 1st of December, the price stood at Rs.337.95 and closed at Rs.340.65.
Should You Invest in Hexaware Technologies Ltd.?
- The company posted a 17.9% increase in consolidated net profit at Rs.134.3crore for the quarter ending in March 2018 as compared to a net profit of Rs.113.9 crore in the same period last year. The IT and BPO company has performed well in the recent past with an upward incline over the last years.
- Its revenue increased by 9.2% to Rs.1,049 crore from Rs.960.5 crore in the same period last year. Despite missing estimates in the Q4 FY2017, the company’s stock has risen over the last couple of months with new clients bringing total contract worth $28 million. Additionally, it declared an interim dividend of Rs.1 for the said quarter.
- The management team of the company is well capable of executing strategies and as mentioned, despite missing estimates in FY2017, the stock price has been on an upward trend from May 2018.
- In the last three years, the company’s stock has grown rapidly and has all the potential to move further upwards in the near future.
Hexaware Technologies Ltd. is based out of the financial capital Mumbai and founded in 1992 and has a market cap of over Rs.14,000 crore. The company is listed in the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) as well as in the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). The company specializes in areas such as Application Transformation Management, Enterprise Solutions, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Infrastructure Management, Digital Assurance, and Digital and Business Process Services.
History of the Company
Incorporated as a public limited company in 1992, the company, under the name of ‘Aptech Information Systems Ltd., was promoted by Atul K. Nishar, Dr. (Mrs.) Alka Nishar and Dr. K. K. Anand. It was engaged in the business of education in IT and offering consultancy services. In 2001, the company was renamed “Hexaware Technologies Limited”. In 2013, Baring Private Equity Asia, a Singapore-based company bought 70% stake in the company, including that of the company’s founder-chairman Atul Nishar as well as that of private equity firm General Atlantic for Rs.1,687 crore. Atul Nishar continues to remain as the Non-Executive Chairman of the company.
Management of the Company
R Srikrishna is the Chief Executive Officer of Hexaware Technologies Ltd. and is a pioneer in the IT sector with an experience of over 20 years in HCL. He joined Hexaware in 2014 and holds a degree in electrical engineering from IIT and an MBA in IIM, Calcutta.
Ashok Harris is the President for Global Delivery of the company and comes nearly three decades of experience in the industry along with service provider organisations. He has a degree in Mathematics from Madras Christian College and was also the Global Head - Strategic Sales Group with Mahindra Satyam (formerly Satyam Computers).
Amrinder Singh is the Senior Vice President - Europe Operations at Hexaware and responsible for all of the business functions, including overseeing the service delivery and driving sales for the company in the region. He’s a graduate in electrical engineering and has a post-graduate in management from IIM, Kolkata and works out of his London office.
Hexaware Technologies Ltd. in NSE, BSE and Listings
The equity shares of Hexaware Technologies Ltd. are available for trading on the National Stock Exchange in India and the Bombay Stock Exchange. The codes are as follows:
- NSE Code: HEXAWARE
- BSE Code: 532129
- BSE Group: A
- Sector: Computers - Software
Hexaware Technologies Ltd. Stock Indices are as follows:
- S&P CNX 500
- CNX Midcap
152, Millenium Business Park,
Sector - III, ‘A’ Block, TTC Industrial Area,
New Mumbai - 400710
Phone : 41599595
Fax : 41599578
Email : email@example.com
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.
The contents of this post/blog does not constitute financial or other professional advice nor does it imply in any manner a principal-agent relationship, and is not a professional advice on a specific financial matter.