In today's times, with the rising instances of road rage and ever increasing traffic congestion, car insurance has become a necessity. For those of you looking for a comprehensive car insurance policy, the choice is abundant. However, when it comes to leading car insurance plans, one of the most popular is offered by Royal Sundaram.
Royal Sundaram, one of India’s leading general insurance companies, offers one of the most well-rounded car insurance plans to protect you and your vehicle from any risk of damage. Their policy comes with a host of unique benefits like unlimited liability for third party injury/death claims, personal accident cover for the vehicle owner and your passengers, free roadside assistance kit, among others.
Talking about car insurance, one of the most important aspects to consider while choosing a car insurance policy is the claim process. Now, having to deal with an automobile accident is distressing in itself. In this case, an insurance policy should work to alleviate your stress, not add to it. Keeping that very thought in mind, Royal Sundaram has devised a swift and hassle free claim registering process, so that you can recover your peace of mind.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim Process
In order to register your insurance claim with Royal Sundaram, you must take the following steps:
- In case an incident has occurred which leads to a claim, immediately contact your insurance company and inform them about the same. You can contact the company’s helpline via telephone, or email. Their toll free number is 1860 425 0000. Alternately you can also write in at [email protected] and the company’s insurance representative will get in touch with you to guide you through the claim filing process.
- In addition to informing the company, you must also intimate the company with the particulars of your car insurance policy for speedier action.
- Ensure that you damaged vehicle remains un-repaired or un-touched before a company’s surveyor has taken a look and assessed the damage of the vehicle.
- A survey of your vehicle will be arranged as soon as the company has received an intimation about the claim and a detailed estimate of the cost of repairs from the concerned repairer.
- The policy holder must submit their original Driving License and the vehicle’s Certificate of Registration, which shall be returned after being verified.
- You must submit a duly completed and signed Claim Form to the Surveyor or Repairer. For Vehicles under the ownership of a company, the claim form must be affixed with the company’s seal and an authorized person’s signature.
- In case a third party property/ injury or death is involved, an FIR (First Instance Report) must be filed.
- Depending on the nature and requirement of the claim, the insurance company may ask for any additional documents / clarification/ information.
- You may avail the cashless facility, once you have submitted all the required documents for the same.
- Following the completion of repairs, the vehicle must be presented to the surveyors for re-inspection.
- In order to process the claim, the original bill and the Original bill along with the Satisfaction voucher for cashless claims must be presented.
- In case of a Reimbursement claim, the cash receipt, along with the original invoice or bill must be submitted.
Documents To Be Submitted
You are required to submit the following documents to initiate the process of registering a claim.
- Your contact numbers
- Your Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Policy Number
- Name of Insured person
- Time and date when the accident occurred.
- Vehicle number of the insured vehicle.
- Make and model of the vehicle.
- Location where the accident has taken place.
- A brief description about how the accident took place.
- Name of the person driving the vehicle.
- Contact details and place of the insured person (in case the person informing about the claim is not insured).
Own Damage Claim
- In case of an accident, first arrange for medical help for any injured person. Note down the particulars of any other people/vehicle(s) which are involved in the accident.
- It is essential that you inform the nearest police station of the accident in case of an injury / death / damage to third party property / theft / burglary / house break-in / damage due to riot, strike, malicious act, terrorist activity, has occurred.
- If the accident has left the vehicle in an immovable state, ensure that the vehicle stays protected at the spot. No attempts must be made to either start the engine of drive the vehicle after the accident has taken place or has been repaired.
- Arrangements must be made to get the vehicle towed to the nearest garage or repair shop of your preference, where the concerned person can prepare a detailed estimate of the repairs that the vehicle requires (including labor charges and a list of the parts along with their prices).
- Do not attempt to alter or disassemble the vehicle from its current damaged state, before its condition has been assessed by a surveyor. You must also ensure that the vehicle is not missing any of its parts or accessories at any point.
- The insurance company must be immediately informed about the accident and the consequent loss or damage caused.
- A completed claim form must then be submitted to the insurance company for registering the claim.
In case you are filing for an Own Damage Claim, you are required to furnish the following documents for verification, in addition to a set of photocopies of each of the listed document.
- Your vehicle’s original registration book, along with the fitness certification (in case it is a separate document).
- Your original driving license.
- Documents required for submission.
- A copy of the FIR.
- A detailed estimate of the cost of repairs.
- Depending on the nature of the claim, you must arrange to submit any additional document or provide any necessary clarification regarding your claim.
- Only after the vehicle and its damages have been assessed by a surveyor will the admission of the claim, along with the mode of settlement be decided upon.
- Please ensure that you provide your insurance company with the accurate and correct contact details like your telephone number, address, email IDs, on the claim form.
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017