If you have a bank account with the HDFC Bank, you can open a recurring deposit (RD) account so that you can deposit a certain amount on a monthly basis and maximise your savings. The process to open an RD account is very simple and hassle-free.
We will have a look at the ways through which you can open an RD account with HDFC Bank.
How to open HDFC RD account Online
- Visit the HDFC Bank official website.
- Click on ‘Login’ and then on ‘NetBanking’.
- Provide your customer id and password to login to your net banking portal.
- On the menu, under ‘Transact’, click on ‘Open Recurring Deposit’.
- Fill the form by providing the detail as asked for. You will have to choose the amount you wish to deposit along with the tenure.
- Once all the details have been provided, click on ‘Continue’. Follow the instructions and you will be able to open an RD account successfully.
- You must note that you must have a bank account with the lender to successfully open an RD account.
How to open HDFC RD account Through Mobile Banking
- Open the HDFC mobile banking app on your phone.
- On the menu, under ‘SAVE’, click on ‘Deposits’.
- Click on ‘Open Recurring Deposit’.
- Fill the form and provide details as asked for.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- You will be able to open an RD account with the bank successfully.
Visit the nearest HDFC branch along with all the relevant documents. A representative from the bank will help you with the process of opening an RD account. If you do not hold a bank account with the lender, you will be required to open one. You will have to fill the application form and submit it along with all the necessary documents which will then be verified. If all the details and documents submitted are correct, then the bank will authorise your application to open an RD account and will give you a receipt for the same which you must keep safely for future reference.
You can send the following message via SMS to 5676712 to open an RD account with the bank
- BOOKRD: An RD account will be made functional with monthly deposit being Rs.1,000 and tenure being 1 year by default.
:You can send this message where you can mention the monthly deposit amount for a default tenure of 1 year. For example, send the message BOOKRD 2000 where you will deposit an amount of Rs.2,000 on a monthly basis.