Universal Sompo General Insurance is the first Private Partnership in Indian General Insurance Industry, The joint venture has been capitalized with shareholders funds of over 230 cr. including share premium. Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. Headquartered in Tokyo, is a Fortune 500 Company with a capital of 70 billion yen.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy Highlights Updated on 25 Mar 2019
|Third Party Cover||Upto 7.5 L|
|Cashless Network Garages||2000|
|Incurred Claim Ratio*||80.66%|
|Net Earned Premium*||Rs.454.75 crore|
*For Year 2017-2018
Universal Sompo car insurance was given a ticket to run its exemplary services in Insurance sector in India in November, 2007 by whole and sole regulatory authority IRDA. Being one of its kind as a first public and private joint venture, it has achieved the level with the strength of joined hands.
Universal Sompo is the joint venture between three banks, one FMCG company and a Japan based leading insurance venture. The great and well known Allahabad bank, the revolutionary Karnataka bank ltd, an identified Indian overseas bank, one of the retail giants in FMCG- Dabur investment corporation and a leading diversified insurance company of Japan- Sompo Japan insurance Inc. has put together their assets, strengths, ideas and technology to raise a new venture to service an insurance industry in India and i.e. Universal Sompo general insurance.
It is an expert in the insurance market by having products and services for each individual, corporate and small entrepreneur covering all the major needs in the areas of marine insurance, motor insurance, general accident insurance, property insurance and workmen compensation insurance. Apart from these diversified products and service, it provides to its customers an innovative advice on risk management, portfolio analysis and management, a prudent underwriting solutions and advice on business continuity planning.
With the support of India’s 3 major banks and a technology of Japan, it has a wide distribution network across all the branches of these banks including its own networks across the country and rendering a satisfied and customised services to its customers.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Car is the most preferred asset in today’s world, where it has become a necessity rather than a luxury. The complementary need of a car insurance also rises along with the need of a car. We have to be careful enough to choose the best insurance provider that gives us all the sought facilities and benefits at less prices.
It’s a saying that when you buy a car, you buy expenses. But, you need to be smart enough to cover those expenses by a veil called ‘Insurance’. Get a car insurance to stitch your pocket and enjoy the cashless facility at various service networks provided by your insurance company.
Facilities by Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Car Insurance providers tries their level best to connect to the consumer’s needs and provides them the world class facilities. Universal Sompo is a dedicated car insurance provider that fulfils all your expectations in terms of state of the art facilities, a pure concern towards your money and emotions and an honest service that would lure you to keep the knot tied forever.
It extends the following facilities:
- Immediate phone pickups and return calls with written communication.
- An honest and dedicated complaints redress forum.
- 24x7 customer care helpline.
- A full customer guidance support through web and SMS service.
- Hassle free and minimal documentation.
- Cashless claim settlement facility at service stations.
- A wide network of service providers pan India.
- A good range of discounts available at certain terms and conditions.
- A wide coverage benefits with extra inclusions.
- All such facilities makes it easy and convenient to hold a calm at the time of emergency.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Coverage
Coverage is the main determining factor to choose an insurance policy. We always look for complete protection at minimum cost. Universal Sompo car insurance provides us everything in terms of coverage that we generally look for.
Coverage for Own damage of vehicle:
It provides a coverage for the damage of own vehicle due to the following reasons:
- Malicious acts,
- Accidental landslides/ rockslides,
- In transit on road, rail, inland waterways, air etc.
Third Party Liability Coverage:
It provides a cover against third party liabilities mentioned as:
- Third party injuries, or
- Third party property damage, caused by insured’s vehicle.
- The cover includes the settlement of claims or legal expenses as demanded by the law and the third party.
Compulsory accident cover:
A compulsory accidental cover is also provided under this policy, where the owner or the driver who is driving the car at the time of accident, would be given some compensation.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Optional Coverage
There is a facility of opting an extra coverage by paying an extra premium over and above the normal one. It includes the following options :
- Any damage or loss incurred to the accessories whether electrical or non-electrical.
- Legal liability associated with the paid driver, cleaner, conductor or other workmen of the vehicle.
- Personal accident cover for the occupants or passengers of the vehicle.
- An increased legal liability to third party property damage subject to the limit of Rs 7, 50,000.
- Assure yourself and your companions in a car by paying an extra little fraction of premium.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Exclusions
There are certain damages or losses for which you cannot claim an insurance. These exclusions have been listed below:
- Accidents incurred outside the geographical area.
- Any normal wear or tear resulted from a consequential loss.
- Accident or damage incurred when driving without a valid driving licence.
- Loss or damaged incurred under the influence of drugs or alcohols.
- Vehicle used for any of the following purposes:
- Racing competitions,
- Pace making,
- Reliability trial,
- Speed testing,
- Motor trade business.
- Know everything before you make a decision.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Discounts
Nothing in India can be sold without any attractive offer or discounts. Therefore, Universal Sompo car insurance has come up with the following discounts:
- Discount on premium will be allowed on the basis of ‘No claim Bonus’.
- Earn discount on premium by choosing higher voluntary excess.
- Install an approved anti-theft device in your car and earn attractive discounts on premium.
- Discounts or concessions for specially modifies and designed vehicle for handicapped, blind and mentally retarded persons.
A complete bouquet of facilities, benefits and discounts are waiting your way. Treat yourself with a complete range of protection with Universal Sompo car insurance.
Live safe and secured! Let’s not vanish our savings unnecessarily when someone else is ready to take a responsibility.
Get your car insurance done today and obey the law!
We wish you a safe driving!
Universal Sompo Customer Care
The customer care helpline of Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd. is 1800 22 4030, 1800 200 4030, 022 - 27 63 9800, and 022 - 39 13 3700. You can dial any of these numbers to talk to a representative from the company. This way you can get clarifications to your doubts or raise any issues. The service is available 24/7. You can also fill up an online form at the insurance company’s official website and request for a call back from the customer service team.
Another mode of communication with the insurer is through email. You can write to the customer care team on firstname.lastname@example.org. For raising claims, you can write to email@example.com.
The website of the insurance company enables you to locate the branch offices based on state and city. You can also click on the ‘Locate Garage’ option and get a list of network garages closest to you. You can narrow down the search results by typing in the state or city. Customers can avail cashless claim settlement facility at network garages; so it is good to be aware of the qualifying garages around you.
Universal Sompo Car Insurance FAQ’s
Which segments of vehicles does this policy cover?
The Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy covers vehicles meant for personal and commercial use.
What kinds of loss / damage does this policy cover?
This policy insures your vehicle against damage or loss caused due to accidents (like fire, explosion, self-ignition, lightning), malicious acts like theft, riot, burglary, malicious act, terrorism and natural causes like earthquakes, typhoons, floods, landslide/rockslide and damage caused in transit via road/inland waterway and air.
Does the Universal Sompo Car Insurance Policy provide cover against third party liability?
Yes. This policy does provide cover against legal liability to third party in the event of any personal injury or damage to property involving the insured vehicle as per the Motor Vehicle Act.
In case the accident happens in a city other than where the policy is issued, what happens then?
It does not matter if the accident happens in a place other than where the policy is issued. You will be guided through with the entire process by the company representative located closest to you.
Will the vehicle be covered against accidental damages if it was being driven by someone other than the owner of the vehicle?
The vehicle will be covered against accidental damages subject to three conditions:
- Vehicle is insured under a comprehensive policy
- Person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident holds a valid driving license
- Terms and conditions of the policy
- What does the Universal Sompo Car Insurance policy not provide cover against?
The policy does not cover the following:
- Any accident taking place outside the applicable geographical area.
- Damage arising out of consequential loss or normal wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Accidents taking place when driver does not hold a valid license or is driving under the influence of liquor or drugs.
- When the vehicle insured is being used outside the limitations of use defined in the policy.
Yes. This policy comes with Optional Extensions and provides cover against the following:
- Personal accident to the occupants of the vehicle
- Loss of accessories
- Any legal liability to the paid driver, cleaner or any other workman
- Increased legal liability to damage of property of third party not exceeding an amount of Rs 7.5 lakhs
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care