United India Insurance Company Limited is a public sector undertaking that has recorded tremendous growth post nationalisation. The company offers a vast range of insurance products to its customers. This covers the domains of motor insurance, health insurance, travel insurance, industrial insurance, and so much more. You can also buy householder’s insurance and shopkeeper’s insurance plans effortlessly by getting in touch with United India.
Why Should You Buy Motor Insurance From United India?
It is advisable to buy motor insurance from United India due to the following reasons:
- The insurance company offers various discounts to customers in the form of No Claim Bonus (NCB), discount for automobile association membership, discount for installation of anti-theft devices, etc.
- The insurer also offers special rates on the purchase of insurance for vehicles that are designed for mentally-challenged or handicapped people.
- Vintage cars, i.e., the ones manufactured before 1940 and certified by the Vintage and Classic Cars Club of India, are offered special rates on motor insurance.
- United India is a reliable insurance company that has a commendable claim settlement ratio and a proficient customer service team.
Types Of Motor Insurance From United India
United India offers motor insurance for private cars, commercial vehicles, and two-wheelers in India.
- Two-wheeler insurance plan - This scheme offers comprehensive motor insurance coverage to two-wheelers, including insurance for own-damage and third-party liability.
- Private car package plan - The policy offers insurance protection to private cars against natural calamities, accidents, man-made disasters, damages while in transit, etc. Third-party liability coverage is also offered.
- Commercial vehicle insurance plan - This policy offers insurance protection to all types of vehicles that are used for commercial purposes. Vehicles running on rails are not provided insurance coverage.
Apart from the above, the insurer offers standalone liability only plans with limited coverage at affordable costs. Customers can opt for the most suitable insurance plan to satisfy their specific insurance needs.
United India Liability Only Insurance Policy - Inclusions
The coverage under the liability only motor insurance plan from United India includes the following:
- Protection from legal liability to a third party for accidental injuries, death, or property damage.
- Personal accident cover for the owner-driver.
This insurance plan does not offer protection to the insured vehicle itself.
United India Package Policy - Inclusions
The coverage under the package policy from United India can be divided into the following parts:
- Section 1 - Own-damage cover
This includes coverage for the following incidents:
- Accidents, fire, terrorist activity, riots, malicious acts, strikes, earthquakes, floods, cyclones, in-transit damages, and landslides.
- Losses due to theft, burglary, housebreaking, etc. is covered under a private car insurance policy. For two-wheelers, these incidents can be included in the coverage by paying an extra premium of 3% of the IDV of accessories.
- For commercial vehicles, mudguard, lamps, tyres, etc. can be covered by paying extra premium.
- Section 2 - Third-party liability cover
This section includes coverage for the following incidents:
- Liabilities to a third party for injuries or death in an accident
- Liabilities for third-party property damage in an accident
- Personal accident cover for the owner-driver
United India Motor Insurance - Exclusions
The United India motor insurance policy does not offer coverage for the following events:
- Contractual liability
- Nuclear disasters, wars, perils, etc.
- Consequential losses
- Depreciation of vehicle parts
- Wear and tear of the vehicle
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown
- Losses while driving under the influence of liquor/drugs
- Claims that arise outside the geographical limits specified in the policy
- Using the vehicle beyond limits
- Driving the vehicle without a valid license
United India Motor Insurance FAQs:
- What are the add-on covers offered by United India for motor insurance?
The add-on covers offered by the company can be used to enhance the coverage of your comprehensive motor insurance policy. These are:
- Extension of geographical limits
- Personal accident cover for passengers
- Coverage for electronic/electrical fittings
- Coverage for LPG/CNG bi-fuel kits
- Coverage for fibreglass fuel tanks
Once you have transferred the vehicle ownership in your name, you should transfer the insurance policy within 14 days.
United India offers No Claim Bonus (NCB) to customers who do not raise any claims in a policy term. This bonus can be used to get a discount on your insurance renewal premium. The schedule for earning NCB as a percentage of the own-damage (OD) premium is shown in the table below:
|No. of claim-free years||NCB (% of OD premium)|
If there is a change in the coverage of a motor insurance plan, it will be updated in the policy documentation in the form of an endorsement. Endorsements may or may not bear extra premium. Some of the incidents that can result in an endorsement are:
- Change in address of the policyholder
- Installation of a bi-fuel kit in the vehicle
- The policyholder getting membership in an approved automobile association
At the time of a claim, the policyholder will have to pay a certain part of the claim amount before the insurer pays the rest. This amount borne by the policyholder is referred to as a deductible or an excess. This is classified into compulsory and voluntary deductibles.
- Bajaj Allianz Motor Insurance
- Bharti Axa Motor Insurance
- Chola MS Motor Insurance
- Future Generali Motor Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Motor Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Motor Insurance
- Liberty Motor Insurance
- Magma HDI Motor Insurance
- National Motor Insurance
- New India Motor Insurance
- Oriental Motor Insurance
- Reliance Motor Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Motor Insurance
- SBI Motor Insurance
- Shriram Motor Insurance
- Tata Aig Motor Insurance
- Universal Sompo Motor Insurance