Shriram General Insurance is a Joint Venture between Shriram Capital Ltd 74% and Sanlam Limited (South Africa) 26% as of Sept 2012. Shriram General Insurance offers products like Motor Insurance, Liability Insurance, fire Insurance, Engineering insurance, Marine Insurance and more.
Key Benefits of Shriram Car Insurance
Cashless Claim Networks
Cashless claim service over 2000+ authorized network of garages across India
Discount for opting higher voluntary excess which will allow you save upto 40% on car insurance premium
Accidental Cover /Customer Support
1% of sum assured is payable every month from the end of month of accident for a guaranteed period of 10 years or till the end of the rider term whichever is higher.
Add-on Covers for Shriram Car Insurance
Zero depreciation entitles you to receive a full claim on the cost of the parts that are to be replaced after an accident.
Third Party Cover
Protection from liability towards third parties for personal injury and property damage.
Personal Accident Cover
Personal Accident cover is available from Rs. 10,000/- to a maximum of Rs. 200,000/-
Inclusion & Exclusion in Shriram Car Insurance
Covers Man made calamities like strike, fire, riot, theft, malicious act etc.
If the Company alleges that by reason of this exclusion, any loss, damage, cost or expenses is not covered by this insurance.
Shriram Car Insurance Policy Highlights Updated on 19 Jan 2019
|Third Party Cover||Upto 7.5 L|
|Incurred Claim Ratio*||103.18%|
|Net Earned Premium*||1639.73|
*For Year 2016-2017
The name ‘Shriram Group’ holds a special significance in India- a title classically associated with wealth management and other initiatives that are primarily aimed at the Indian middle class or the ‘Aam Admi’. Continuing the trend, the Shriram Group has forayed into the competitive yet highly lucrative general insurance sector with an undertaking branded as ‘Shriram General Insurance’. This is a 74:26 percent collaboration between Shriram Capital Ltd. and Sanlam Limited, a leading diversified financial services group from South Africa that boasts of market capitalization in excess of $6 billion.
For over three decades, Shriram General Insurance (SGI) has proven it’s mettle as a company that puts customer benefits and comfort over corporate goals and expectations, working hard at the grassroots to build value and drive awareness. In recent times, SGI has paid particular attention to the inculcation of newer technologies and IT to make it’s business more accessible to it’s target audience, thereby also earning the prestigious ‘Excellence in Growth Award’ for 2011 and 2012.
Private Car Insurance from Shriram General Insurance
Acquiring Car Insurance from Shriram General Insurance takes all of 5 minutes. This is an exclusive online option wherein documentation isn’t required. Further, save upto 40% on your premium payments and enjoy a relaxed and hassle-free claims settlement cycle if an unfortunate accident befalls your cherished vehicle. Remember, the claim settlement procedures at SGI have been designed with ‘you’ in mind.
SGI provides you comprehensive motor insurance that covers natural and man-made accidents/calamities such as earthquakes, floods, lightning etc. as well as personal accidents and third-party liability wherein your vehicle may have caused or was part of an accident that resulted in the loss or damage to third-party property. The policy excludes normal wear and tear, depreciation etc.
Key Highlights & Features of Shriram General Insurance
- Protects you from financial loss incurred due to the damage or loss to your vehicle.
- In case your car has been in an accident that results in injury, damage or loss of third-party property or life, then this policy has you covered for that eventuality.
- The policy also protects you financially if your vehicle has been in an accident that resulted in injury to you (personal accident) or your family who might have been sharing the vehicle with you through the unfortunate event.
- Unique add-on covers are available that enhance the quantum of protection available to you and your family.
- Your investment in terms of accessories for your vehicle- CNG kit, electrical and non-electrical add-ons etc. can also be protected under this policy.
- Purchasing this policy is super simple, fast and takes all of 5 minutes online.
- Save upto 40% on subsequent car insurance premium.
- A network of special garages allows you the option of direct settlement.
- A proven, completely stress-free claims settlement process.
Sum Insured per the SGI Motor Insurance
As per prevalent Indian laws, all vehicles are insured at a fixed value that is termed the Insured’s Declared Value (IDV). Herein, the IDV is the max amount payable in the event of a claim raised in relation to the total loss or theft of the vehicle. This number is calculated on the basis of the manufacturer’s listed selling price of the vehicle, while deducting the inevitable depreciation for every subsequent year as per the schedule listed by the Indian Motor Tariff.
FAQ’s about Shriram General Insurance
- How long is the SGI Motor Insurance policy valid for?
- Why must I purchase the SGI Motor Insurance?
- ✓Buy online in under 5 minutes.
- ✓Avail upto 40% discount on the insurance premium when you buy the policy online.
- ✓Absolutely no documents needed with the online policy purchase.
- ✓Easy payment options via Credit or Debit Cards and Net Banking.
- ✓Maximum security levels for all online transactions.
- Will my vehicle be covered if at the time of accident, it was driven by someone else?
Definitely. In all conditions, our liability follows your vehicle. Thus, if the said driver had your permission and was driving with a valid license then the policy will still apply.
- Can I make changes to my policy?
All subsequent changes can be affected using a document known as an ‘endorsement’. This is a document that includes changes in the terms and serves as a written evidence of an agreed change to your policy. The wordings in this document are provided by SGI and can also be used to record instances such as change of address, name, and change of the model of the vehicle.
The policy remains in force for 12 months from the date of commencement.
SGI has designed it’s Motor Insurance policy with you in mind. The following features should probably answer your query-
Shriram General Insurance is a home-grown car insurer that understands the advantages of being a ‘people first’ company. With processes and policies that are simple to subscribe to, a very robust customer-support initiative and the sure standing as a serious contender in the Indian motor insurance scene, SGI must surely have your vote when it comes to insurance for your dream set of wheels. Why wait? Apply Now!
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017